I recognize and understand the risks of physical injury inherent to dance and dance training and I fully assume those risks for my child and myself. I hereby release Marsha Woody Academy, its affiliate dance company, event sponsors, employees, dance teachers, and volunteers from all liability for injuries sustained or illnesses contracted by me while attending or participating in any dance classes, workshops, or performances. I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Marsha Woody Academy, its affiliate dance company, event sponsors, employees, dance teachers and volunteers from liabilities, costs and judgments arising from acts of omissions committed by me which result in injury or damage to any person or property.
I understand and agree that it is my sole responsibility to safeguard my personal property while attending or participating in any classes, workshops, performances, or related activities. I hereby release Marsha Woody Academy, its affiliate dance company, event sponsors, employees, dance teachers, and volunteers from all liability for loss or damage to my personal property while attending or participating in classes, workshops, performances or related activities. I also agree to abide by any rules, regulations and policies set forth by Marsha Woody Academy,
I acknowledge and understand that individual Faculty/Volunteers may prohibit videography or the taking of photos in their classes or any events that I am admitted to. I agree that I will honor any such restrictions imposed and I will not hold Marsha Woody Academy responsible nor will I expect an adjustment or reduction in any fees I have paid or agree to pay.
In signing this release, I acknowledge and represent that I have fully informed myself of the content of the waiver and hold harmless agreement by reading it before I sign. I further state that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent to sign this agreement. I further state that there are no health related reasons or problems that preclude or restrict my or my child's participation in this activity, and that I will pay any medical costs that may be incurred as a result of injury to myself or my child.
Marsha Woody Academy reserves the right to use photographs, taken either in class or of students participating in class, for the purposes of instruction, advertising and promoting Marsha Woody Academy of Dance and it's programs.
Marsha Woody Academy of Dance is designed for parents who want "something special" for their children in dance education, music appreciation, discipline, poise, and healthy bodies. To continue the high standards of this Academy, the parents and students should need to observe the following:
* Positive attitudes that are encouraging and respectful to instructors and staff, as well as other students
* Be respectful of studio and other student's property
* Food, drinks, gum, and smoking are not allowed in the building by anyone. (Water only)
* Always arrive to the studio with something covering your dance attire; some type of cover-up must be worn to/from the studio. This is for the safety of the child.
* Never wear dance shoes outside; please enter/exit with street shoes and change in the dressing room before/after class; this protects your shoes as well as our floors.
* Students should enter & exit the studio at the students' entrance door and prepare for their class in the dressing room. A neat dressing room is expected, with personal belongings on hooks, in bags, and in the cubbies provided, not in the middle of the floor. When the student is neatly dressed for class, quietly go into the studio and wait. Mothers are allowed in the dressing rooms for the younger students only. Daddies may use the boys' dressing room to assist their daughters when no boys are taking class. No visitors are allowed in the dressing rooms; they must sit in the waiting room.
* Students will be assigned to the class from which they will derive the most benefit. If at any time a problem occurs, please call the studio office at (409) 838-4397. It is important that the teacher, student, and parents are happy. Do not approach a faculty member at any time for a conference...go to one of the secretaries and make an appointment. We are never too busy to talk with a student or parent, but not between classes unless scheduled.
* Regulation dance attire is necessary for each student. All dance attire must be purchased at Dance Solutions, 229 Dowlen Rd., 860-1984. Always take your printed class schedule to Dance Solutions and they will know what the proper attire is for each class. Wear the assigned attire for each class to each lesson, along with the correct color of tights, the proper shoes, and approved hair bows if desired.
* Girls hair must be worn in a bun for all Ballet and Pointe classes. A tight ponytail may be worn for all other classes.
* Put names or initials on EVERYTHING - clothes, shoes, bags, etc.
* If your child must miss a class, please call the office so that we know why he/she is missing.
* No phones or cameras are allowed to be used during class time without approval from the instructor.
The Academy usually observes the same major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break and Easter) as those given by BISD schools. Dates will also be in our monthly newsletters.