Photography Consent, Release, and Waiver of Liability (posting pictures to Facebook, Instagram, Website)
I hereby give my consent to Expressions Dance Academy to photograph me/my child and use the photographs for informational, educational, promotional, or publicity purposes concerning Expressions Dance Academy and its services. I understand that the photographs may be used on Expressions Dance Academy’s website, or in official Expressions Dance Academy publication or displays or electronic or digital recordings. I also understand that the photos may be used without any further consent or authorization from me, Expressions Dance Academy may modify the photograph s in the process of editing, and I will not be entitled to any compensation for use of the photograph. I also agree to release Expressions Dance Academy, its officers, employees, or agents from any and all liability arising out of or connected to the use of the photographs as stated above. I have read and understand the foregoing consent, release, and waiver of liability and voluntarily accept and agree to its terms.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”)
Should an accident occur, Expressions Dance Academy, LLC has my permission to seek medical attention for my child.
In consideration of participating in the Programs and Activities offered by Expressions Dance Academy, LLC I represent that I understand the nature of this Activity and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I acknowledge that if I believe event conditions are unsafe, I will immediately discontinue participation in the activity. I fully understand that this Activity involves risks of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death, which may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, those of others participating in the event, the conditions in which the event takes place, or the negligence of the “releasees” named below; and that there may be other risks either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, cost, and damages I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity. I hereby release, discharge, and covenant not to sue Expressions Dance Academy, LLC its respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the “RELEASEES” herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages, on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the “releasees” or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations and future agree that if, despite this release, waiver of liability, and assumption of risk I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the Releasees from any loss, liability, damage, or cost, which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I have read the RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.
PARENTAL CONSENT AND I, the minor’s parent and/or legal guardian, understand the nature of the above referenced activities and the Minor’s experience and capabilities and believe the minor to be qualified to participate in such activity. I hereby Release, discharge, covenant not to sue and AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the Releasees from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on the minor’s account caused or alleged to have been caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations, and further agree that if, despite this release, I, the minor, or anyone on the minor’s behalf makes a claim against any of the above Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the Releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss liability, damage, or cost any Releasee may incur as the result of any such claim.
• I (Guardian) understand that I will be responsible for 9 installments of the agreed upon tuition (Sep-May) and that if my student chooses to stop attending classes, I must submit a “Drop Form” (available online). If I do NOT submit in a “Drop Form” I will be held responsible for tuition payments until that Drop Form is submitted.
• I (Guardian) understand that a $65 non-refundable costume payment for each recreational class that my student is in is due by December 1 of the current enrollment year UNLESS my student chooses not to participate in the year-end Recital in which case I must fill out and turn in a “Recital Waiver” form (available online and at the front desk) by the due date of the current dance season. If my dancer is on the competition team, each regional/nationals class will have a non-refundable costume payment of $75 and will be due by October 1 of the current dance year. If I have not paid my costume payment by the due date and my student chooses to be in the recital, there will be an additional $10 fee assessed per costume.
• I (Guardian) understand that if my child is on the competition team, I will be required to pay all competition fees by October 1 of the current dance year, or my child will be dismissed from the team.
• I (Guardian) understand that EDA gives my student fundraising opportunities to help defray costs associated with tuition and costumes. All money raised goes towards either tuition or costumes, and is non-refundable. If my student chooses to quit taking classes with a credit balance on their account, it will NOT be reimbursed.
• I (Guardian) understand that in the event that my dancer gets injured during class, a reasonable attempt will be made to get in touch with me. However if EDA is unable to get in touch with me and the teacher deems the student must be taken to the hospital to avoid fatal or more serious injury, my child will be brought to the hospital and I will take all financial responsibility for the medical bills.
• All tuition is due the first week of each month. (Sept-May) For nationals team members, Sept - June
• Regardless of how many lessons there are per month, you will be expected to pay the same amount each month for the entire dance season.
• We accept cash, checks, and credit card.
• All tuition that is not paid in full the first week of the month will be charged a late fee of $5.00 per student.
• All insufficient funds will be charged a $25.00 fee.
• Due to bad weather, classes may be cancelled. Please check our Facebook page or Website to find out whether we are cancelled. If you for any reason feel uncomfortable driving in the weather, even if we are not cancelled, then please do not drive, however, we will not give any refunds for classes missed. (There will not be any refunds due to weather since that is not in our control – however we will attempt to do a makeup)
• No parents, siblings, or friends will be allowed in the dance rooms during class (with the exception of the designated Watch Week).
• No food, gum, candy or drinks will be allowed in the dance rooms except for WATER ONLY!
• EDA is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
• All persons that are on the property of Expressions Dance Academy, LLC are expected to be respectful to other customers as well as staff members.
• EDA will do everything to make sure your child is put in the appropriate dance class. However, we reserve the right to have the final authority on class levels and sizes.
• We have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. Although this is not something that we like to do, there are certain reasons that we may refuse service
o Large unpaid tuition/costume balances from prior years
o Destructive behavior such as gossip or malicious attitude about dancers, parents, teachers, or anyone else involved in the dance studio.
• If you dancer has to quit for any length of time during the dance year and then return, there will be a re-registration fee of $100 per dancer per class. The way you can keep your dancer's spot on the team is to continue to pay tuition for the time he or she is gone.
• There will be no refunds on tuition, costume, fundraisers, or anything else. If you have paid for a costume and you decide to quit, you are entitled to still receive your costume when it comes in. Please make arrangements to come pick it up as we will not ship or mail.
• If you have a problem you are expected to take it up with the teacher of your child's dance class, or the owners Miss Jen or Miss Kelly. Talking to other dancers, dance parents, other teacher, ect is unacceptable and may be grounds for dismissal from the studio.