Paid tuition holds a child's spot in a class. Do Re Mi Academy's withdrawal process allows for a reasonable amount of time to fill a vacant seat by requiring a minimum of 30 days written notice. There will always be one final invoice following your notice to withdrawal. This last invoice will be paid with your previously paid tuition deposit made at time of enrollment, if applicable.
Tuition is not reduced for missed classes due to illness or vacation.
Withdrawals and schedule changes must be submitted in writing to our Accounts Manager at email@example.com. Our teachers do not handle scheduling or billing, and changes will not be processed via a verbal conversation with a teacher.
FOR SMALL GROUP PIANO AND VIOLIN ONLY: Paid tuition holds a class spot, much like if a child is on a sports team. We cannot reduce tuition for missed classes due to illness or vacation. If your child will not attend class for an extended period of time and you wish to remain enrolled and hold a specific class spot, we offer a tuition grace for 1 month in a calendar year. A request must be submitted, in writing, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Beyond the 1 month, tuition must be paid or a withdrawal must be processed.
For all withdrawals or schedule changes, please email Adriana at email@example.com.
Small Group Classes: Do Re Mi Academy has multiple teachers that use our space. We value our teacher's time and are unable to offer makeups for missed lessons, unless a similar class has available time and space. If your teacher needs to cancel a class, Do Re Mi Academy will either provide a substitute teacher or reschedule at a convenient and available time. Classes cancelled due to inclement weather will be rescheduled if time is available in the studio schedule. A class or program will not commence until a minimum of 4 students is enrolled in it. All classes are subject to possible cancellation if enrollment drops too low, but this happens very rarely. In the event that your class is cancelled, we will make every attempt to find a comparable class to transfer your student into. If your schedule does not allow for a change, we will waive the withdrawal policy requirements.
Preschool: Please notify your child's teacher if they will miss school due to illness or vacation, so that teachers can be aware. Tuition is not reduced if classes are missed due to illness or vacation. Classes cancelled by Do Re Mi Academy (weather related or otherwise) will be rescheduled as a make-up at a time available in the Academy schedule, such as at the end of the school year.
Weather related cancellations: We follow the Renton School District for all weather related closures. If the District is on a delayed start, our morning preschool classes will be cancelled. If the District closes for the day, all classes including small group will be cancelled. We will do our best to communicate delays and closures as soon as possible by text, email, and on Facebook. You can also reference the Renton School District website and news tickers. We may occasionally make a different decision than the District, but will always communicate. Closures and delays will be posted on our Facebook page, and we do our best to send an email and text to all families.
At Do Re Mi Academy one of our primary goals is to provide a safe, nurturing, and pleasant environment for all of the children we serve. We recognize that one of our jobs is to help children learn appropriate ways to handle conflicts. We work on this as conflicts arise, helping children find satisfactory solutions. We understand that many preschoolers may use misguided behavior because they are still learning what is acceptable behavior. However, at times a child's behavior may endanger others. We want to ensure parents that we will address such behavior immediately following these guidelines:
• A first incident will be reported to the parent.
• A second incident will result in a parent-teacher conference to discuss the behavior and establish a plan of action.
• A third incident will result in the parent being called to pick up child, and communication will be set up with the Director to understand what might be causing the problem. This will also begin a probationary period of 30 days, in which child's teacher(s) will provide a weekly behavior report to Director, who will share with the parents. During this period, close monitoring will be done, along with implemented behavior strategies, and progress (or lack thereof) will be noted. If behavior is demanding a level of one-on-one attention that normal staffing cannot accommodate, the parent will be given the option to either attend school with the child, or to pay the cost of an extra staff member to shadow the child for the probationary period.
Do Re Mi Academy reserves the right to expel any child's enrollment if any further incident occurs, or if we feel that any of following conditions exists at any time:
1. The school cannot meet the child's needs.
2. The parents are not able to work with the school to find an acceptable solution.
3. The continuing behavior endangers the well-being of other children, and/or the child engaging in the behavior.