As the legal parent or guardian, I hereby give approval for each student Dancer's enrolment and participation in the Irwin School of Irish Dancing and all of the associated activities involved therein. Each student Dancer's participation in Irwin School of Irish Dancing and all of its activities is by choice, and is completely voluntary. Accordingly, in my capacity as parent/legal guardian for each student Dancer, I agree on behalf of myself, the above-named student Dancer(s), my spouse (if any), my heirs, assigns, related individuals and related entities, to hereby release, waive, absolve, discharge and agree to hold harmless Irwin School of Irish Dancing, its related entities, trustees, directors, officers, employees, agents and insurers (collectively, the "Irwin School of Irish Dancing Released Parties") from and against any and all rights, claims, demands, causes of action, obligations, suits, liens, damages or liabilities of any kind and character whatsoever, whether known or unknown, suspected or claimed, which each student Dancer shall or may have in the future against the Irwin School of Irish Dancing Released Parties arising out of, based on, related to or connected with each student Dancer's enrolment and participation in the Irwin School of Irish Dancing program and any of its activities and/or the activities of its related entities. I, on behalf of myself and the individuals and entities referred to above, also agree to indemnify and hold the Irwin School of Irish Dancing Released Parties harmless from the payment of any and all judgments, settlements, costs, disbursements and attorney fees that are associated with the Irwin School of Irish Dancing Released Parties having to defend or investigate any claim, action or proceeding of any type whatsoever arising out of the student Dancer's enrolment or participation in the Irwin School of Irish Dancing program and activities. I represent and warrant that I have the full power, capacity and authority to execute this document as the parent or legal guardian of each student Dancer. I further represent and warrant that I understand the terms and provisions of this document and its nature and effect. This document is made, executed and entered into and shall be governed by the laws of the state of my residence. I expressly consent to venue and jurisdiction of the courts of my state with respect to any dispute arising out of each student Dancer's enrollment and participation in the above-referenced Irwin School of Irish Dancing program and associated activities.
The mission of Irwin School of Irish Dancing is to share the culture, art and sport of Irish dance with the dancers.
In effort to ensure we are following our mission, we are implementing the following code of conduct for parents, dancers and teachers.
Parent Code of Conduct Agreement
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for all dancers, teachers, and families at the Irwin School of Irish Dancing.
• I (and my family and guests) will be a positive role model for my child(ren) and encourage good sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all dancers, teachers, and families at all times.
• I will require that my child(ren) treat all dancers, teachers, and staff with respect.
• I will treat all Irwin volunteers with respect and kindness.
• I agree to respect and accept teacher decisions regarding class placement, classroom curriculum, costumes, and participation in competitions. If I have a question, I will contact my child's teacher directly via email.
• I will teach my child(ren) that doing one's best is more important than winning, and help them manage their feelings appropriately if they are disappointed in the outcome of a competition or performance.
• I will praise my child(ren) for competing fairly and trying hard, and help to make my child(ren) feel like a winner every time.
• I will support and comfort my child(ren) if he/she makes a mistake while dancing or doesn't place as one may have liked.
• I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the dancers ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child(ren) to win or do well.
• I will ensure my dancer follows the dress code for each class. Girls: shorts that are mid-thigh in length, t-shirt or tank top, white socks (preferably poodle socks), hair always pulled back away from the face. Boys: athletic shorts that don't go past the knee, t-shirt or tank top, white socks.
My e-signature verifies I have read, understand, and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct.