All PBSOC activities are approached with professionalism and integrity. We are committed to providing a safe, welcoming and nurturing environment that seeks not only to instill a love of Ballet in our students, but to develop important life skills as well as respect, commitment, reliability and teamwork. To ensure a happy and positive experience for all involved, it is important that students, parents (or legal guardians), extended friends and family members as well as staff understand and comply with the below and ALL items referenced in the Student and Parent Handbook.
• Demonstrate respect for teachers, parents, staff and other students at all times.
• Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled class. Latecomers may be refused entry, due to the risk of injury.
• Present to class in a tidy and well-groomed manner with hair tied back neatly off the face. Ballet buns are required for all ballet classes.
• Dance uniforms and dance shoes must be worn for classes, where specified. Teachers may refuse entry to dancers not groomed appropriately.
• Bring a clearly named bottle of water to every class.
• Attend class regularly unless ill or injured, or in the event of a family emergency.
• Honour prior commitments made to the studio by attending classes, rehearsals and performances above other social events.
• Serve as a role model to younger dancers at all times, including appropriate language and behaviour.
• Mobile phones should be switched off or on silent mode and are not to be used during class.
• Put trash in the bins provided and clean up after yourself.
• Show respect and care for studio equipment and facilities.
• Ask for help if you need it – we are here for you.
Parent etiquette (including caregivers or legal guardians)
• Demonstrate respect for teachers, students, staff and other parents at all times.
• Take responsibility to read email updates and keep up-to-date with current activities and important information.
• Ensure siblings are supervised at all times, equipment is treated with care and the waiting areas are left tidy.
• Refrain from entering dance studio unless invited by a teacher. This includes studios not in use and extends to siblings.
• Understand and support the PBSOC approach by encouraging children to show commitment and positivity while working to the best of their own ability.
• Refrain from taking photographs or video without permission.
• Respect our approach to establishing and maintaining professional relationships with our students and parents by (1) ensuring all contact is made via the office in person, by phone or email and (2) refraining from direct communication with staff via personal email, text, phone or social media unless on platforms managed directly by PBSOC (e.g. a private Facebook group) or deemed necessary (e.g. rescheduling a private lesson).
• Raise any concerns with a teacher or staff member by making an appointment.
• Inappropriate, disrespectful or aggressive behaviour by students, parents (or legal guardians), extended friends and family, staff or volunteers will not be tolerated and may result in immediate cancellation of enrollment with no refund or further discussion or immediate termination of employment or contract.
• A breach of the Code of Conduct will result in one written warning. Further breaches may result in immediate cancellation of enrollment with no refund or further discussion or immediate termination of employment or contract.
I, have chosen to have my child, participate in dance instruction given by PBSOC, Inc. (“PBSOC”). I acknowledge that I understand the nature of the activities my child will be participating in and that my child is in the proper physical condition and capable of participating in the related activities, understanding that PBSOC is not in any way responsible for making such a determination.
In consideration of my child’s enrollment in any dance instruction program, I understand and agree on behalf of myself and my child, to release, hold harmless, and discharge PBSOC from all claims, costs, liabilities, expenses or judgments, including attorneys’ fees and court costs for any occurrences in connection with any dance instruction. I assume all risks to my child in connection with any instruction and further release PBSOC and its owners and employees from liability for any injury sustained by my child while he or she is enrolled in any dance instruction program, including all risks reasonably connected with such activity whether foreseen or unforeseen.
I understand that PBSOC is not responsible for my child or other children under my supervision who are left unsupervised in the common areas and areas surrounding the dance studio and that PBSOC will only be supervising my child when he or she is participating in scheduled dance activities, programs or instruction.
I understand that PBSOC is not responsible for personal property that is lost, damaged or stolen while I or my child is at or on PBSOC property.
I acknowledge and agree that it is my responsibility to maintain my own accident and health insurance coverage that provides adequate coverage for me and my child participating in PBSOC activities and that PBSOC does not provide accident or health insurance for those participating in its instruction, activities or programs.
I authorize and agree that PBSOC may take and use photographs, videos or likenesses of me or my child as needed for its record-keeping, advertising and/or public relations projects and that I have no rights to the same and will not be compensated for the same.
My signature is proof of my intention to execute a complete and unconditional waiver and release of all liability pursuant to the terms herein, and agreement as to all terms and conditions contained above and in the Student and Parent Handbook. I am of lawful age and competent to sign this affirmation.
I HAVE FULLY INFORMED MYSELF AS TO THE CONTENTS OF THIS RELEASE AND HAVE READ THE SAME PRIOR TO SIGNING.