Enrollment & Records
1. I understand that my child may not attend until all required forms are completed in full, returned and on file. This includes but may not be limited to the ODJFS 01234 Child Health and Enrollment form (due prior to 1st day of attendance) and ODJFS 01305 Child Medical Statement (due by October 1st). Both forms can be downloaded at https://www.gahannaprek.org/register.
2. I will inform the school of changes in: addresses, phone numbers, sitter arrangements, employment, emergency information or any changes in family situations.
1. I understand that my child is to be potty trained before starting classes at GEEC. I understand that the teachers and staff at GEEC will assist my child in the bathroom as needed but it is expected that my child has basic independent bathroom skills (maneuvering clothing, wiping, etc.). If my child has a bathroom accident he/she will be made comfortable with the clothing available at the school, however a parent or caregiver might be called to bring clean items if needed.
2. I understand, the school has a Non-Violence policy and I will not send toys or items to school with my child of a violent nature. (toy weapons, war toys, certain action figures, etc.)
3. I understand, the school does not allow cupcakes (or similar snack cake) policy for snack time. A healthy snack is suggested-even for birthdays!
Arrival/Dismissal & Parking
1. I will not park curbside as a courtesy to and for the safety of all our students and families.
2. I will observe the no backing rule in the parking lot and observe the traffic pattern chosen for student safety.
3. I understand that school doors open at 8:50 AM and that school doors lock at 9:15AM. If I need to enter the building after doors are locked I understand doors I must use the Church office entrance.
4. I will not use the St. Luke Church office entrance except when school doors lock - 9:15-11:15 AM or 11:45-12:45 PM.
5. I understand that unattended children may not be left in vehicles during student drop off or pick up.
6. I, or a responsible, designated adult, will wait with my child(ren)and/or carpool group in the car until the doors are unlocked. I will then escort child(ren) and/or carpool group to their classes. At dismissal I, or a responsible, designated adult will wait until the teacher releases my child(ren), so a safe, orderly dismissal may occur.
7. I understand that siblings (unless over 18 & on the transportation list) may not be responsible for bringing or picking up my child from class without prior approval.
8. I understand there is a Late Pick Up Fee: A Fee is assessed at 10 minutes past the scheduled pick up time. The fee is $5.00 per child. At 15 minutes past the scheduled pick up time the fee is $10.00 per child. The fee continues to accrue at $10 per 15 minute time period. The fee is payable to the teacher(s) or Lunch Buddy supervisors on duty. Payment not received at pick up will be billed. If there is no call or contact after 30 minutes, Children's Services will be called.
Illness & Allergies
1. I will notify the school in the event of my child's absence.
2. I will keep children home with any of the following symptoms: those with fever, diarrhea, or vomiting in a previous 24 hour period; severe cough, sore throat, difficult breathing, yellow skin, eye irritations, rashes, evidence of lice, etc. Children too sick to participate in a full program that includes outside play, need to be kept home.
3. I understand that no medications can be administered to a child with the exception of severe allergies. Children will not be permitted to take or have cough drops, chap stick; candy or gum.
4. I will notify the school if my child has or develops allergies of any type.
5. I understand, that the school staff will take every precaution to assure that students with allergies are protected to the best of their ability. The school makes classroom parents aware of food allergies. The school will carefully select ingredients for classroom cooking and snacks that the school provides. However, should my child have or develop a food allergy I will provide snack on a daily basis for her/him.
I have read and agree to abide by the General Policies of G.E.E.C