Class Tuition Policies and Procedures
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES ACADEMIC YEAR 2019-2020
*Your signature on the registration form indicates you have read, understand and agree to the following Policies and Procedures:
Tuition & Registration:
Read this document in its entirety!
Create an account on this website using the "Registration" button at the bottom of this agreement.
Follow the registration tab on the main menu bar to take you to the class selection. Once you make your class choice, checkout.*
* Once enrolled in classes, you credit card will be charged for each month of classes through June. (Unless you FORMALLY Discontinue Classes at SAA, see below.)
Class Prices: 30 min class, $65/month - 50 min class, $80/month - 90 min class, $125-$199/month
Method of Payment:
Tuition is paid via Recurring Charge set up at the time of registration and will be processed automatically on the 1st Monday of each month.
If the card on file is not active, an email will be sent. Tuition must be paid prior to the 10th of each month or a late fee of $35 will be added to your account and your student will not be allowed to return to class until fees have been paid.
Performance fees can be paid on this website with a credit card.
Tuition cannot be pro-rated!
SAA is a 9-month program, if you plan to miss classes for an extended break, up to 3 make-up classes can be scheduled by email.
SAA will have healthy snacks and bottles of water for sale. Children will be permitted to "charge" water and snacks by writing their names down on a daily "Charge Slip." If you DO NOT wish to give your child permission to do this, they WILL NOT be given snacks by SAA staff. NO EXCEPTIONS. We cannot feed children after school without your permission, so please plan accordingly. Charged items will be processed within 24 hours of the transaction via the credit card we have on file.
Registration fees apply to every student for every academic year. Registration Fees (once paid) are non-refundable.
Please be aware that Ballet Academy Registration fees include uniform costs.
ONLY SAA issued uniforms are allowed to be worn in ballet classes.
SAA allows each student to make up 3 missed classes per Academic year. Students may not make-up for scheduled SAA closings as listed on our Calendar of Events. Please email SAA to schedule a make-up.
To discontinue classes at SAA, a full 30-day notice must be given to the office via emailto email@example.com to give us time to fill the space and cancel your credit card. If you do not send a notice you will continue to be billed/charged until you do so. Your 30 day notice will begin on the day we receive the discontinuation email. Tuition cannot be pro-rated so if your discontinuation email is received less than 30 days prior to the next billing date, you will be enrolled for the upcoming month. There are absolutely no exceptions to this policy. Once discontinued, another registration fee will apply to re-register. Students that are enrolled in April cannot discontinue for May, no exceptions! This policy will be strictly enforced.
SAA holiday closures are listed on this page. Tuition is based on the school year and broken up into 9 monthly payments. Tuition is not pro-rated for months that have holiday breaks.
Scheduling Private Lessons:
Private Lessons are $80 per hour, and must be paid at the time of the lesson. In addition, students must be current with regular SAA tuition before scheduling a private lesson.
When a request is sent via e-mail for a Private Lesson, SAA will arrange a time for the private lesson dependent upon the teacher's, students and studios availability. If a Private Lesson is arranged, and the dancer fails to show up, the student is still responsible for paying for the Teacher's time at the rate of $80/hour.
SAA communicates with our customers through this website and our gmail account. It is imperative that all of our dancers' have at least one parent registered as a member of this website who checks their email regularly.
SAA has the need for numerous volunteers throughout the year. Volunteer assistance helps us to bring opportunities to students that may not otherwise be possible, especially during performance time. If you would like to volunteer, please contact us. Thank you!
SAA students are only promoted when they have demonstrated a mastery of the material in their current level. Students are not promoted automatically after one year, regardless of age. It is not uncommon for students to spend more than one year in a particular level.
For Primary and up, we require near-perfect attendance. Students that are absent on a regular basis hold the rest of the class back.
Students who do not comply with the following dress code may not be permitted to participate in class.
No jewelry is allowed in class, with the exception of small, stud earrings for pierced ears.
Hair must be in a bun, no ponytails.
Girls: SAA issued Black leotard, pink ballet (footed tights), pink ballet slippers. Split-sole, canvas, ballet slippers
Boys: White t-shirt, black, footed boys tights, black ballet slippers.
Ballet slipper strings should be double-knotted and trimmed to 1/2 inch length. Bows are not allowed, they come untied easily and become a tripping hazard. Please trim your child's child's ballet strings before they attend their first class.
Please label the inside of all dance shoes, water bottles and dance attire with your child's name.
ALL OTHER GENRES OF DANCE: Students are expected to wear black leggings, form fitting top and appropriate dance shoes for the class' genre, this dress code applies to theatrical performance as well.
Lost & Found:
The Steamboat Arts Academy is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Lost items will be placed in the Lost & Found. Dancewear should be marked with each students name so that items can be easily identified.
Fully registered students have the opportunity to perform in our Dia de los Muertos and Peter Pan Performances. Student Performances are an integral part of training, so SAA students are encouraged to participate. Students must commit to the entire schedule of rehearsals and performances. THE CAST LIST FOR PETER PAN WILL BE RELEASED AFTER REGISTRATION FOR THE FALL CLOSES ON SEPTEMBER 1st.
Students should remain in the building when waiting for their ride.
Parents are asked to establish a policy with their children regarding pick-up and drop-off procedures. There is no supervision of students provided by SAA before or after class. Students should wear clothing or a cover-up over their leotard and tights when arriving and departing from the studios. Dance shoes should not be worn outside.
Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability
I hereby acknowledge that the sport of figure skating, ballet, dryland conditioning, strength training, pilates and other recreational and competitive activities in their various forms, including without limitation, in their various forms, including without limitation, traveling to any such activities, rental or use of equipment sponsored or organized by or related to the Steamboat Arts Academy or its affiliates (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Activities") involve many RISKS, DANGERS and HAZARDS that may result in injury to the participant. In consideration of my participation in the Activities, and notwithstanding of the risk of severe or permanent injury, or even death, the undersigned (hereinafter "Member") agrees to the following:
1. Member freely and voluntarily accepts and assumes the risk, dangers and hazards involved in participating in the Activities.
2. Member unconditionally WAIVES AND RELEASES any claims or actions related to any loss, damage, expense, injury or death suffered by Member or any other person from or in connection with Member's participation in the Activities, due to any cause whatsoever, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE and/or breach of express or implied warranty on the part of any Operator. As used herein, the term "Operator" means Steamboat Arts Academy any facility operators where such Activities occur, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, coaches, members, managers, volunteers, contractors, representatives, and affiliates. Member also agrees to DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY the Operators from any third party claims asserted against any of the Operators resulting from Member's participation in the Activities.
4. Member authorizes Operators to obtain medical care for, or transport him/her to a medical facility or hospital if, in the opinion of Operators, medical attention is required and Member is unable to make such decisions for himself/herself. Member agrees to pay all costs associated with such medical care and related transportation and shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Operators of and from the consequences of such decision and from any such costs incurred relating to the provision of medical care. Member also authorizes disclosure of protected medical information necessary to provide, coordinate or manage Member's healthcare consistent with the dictates of HIPAA and to the extent that such use or disclosure is required by law.
5. Member agrees to abide by all rules, codes of conduct, policies and conditions for membership and participation in Steamboat Arts Academy. Failure to do so may result in suspension or expulsion from the programs. Member consents to and authorizes the use and reproduction, for any purposes and without consideration, of all photographs, video recordings, or movies taken of Member, and to use and sublicense for any purpose in promoting the SAA or related activities of the SAA in print, brochures, advertisements, films or videos and on broadcast presentations of any sort. Member authorizes Member's educational institution to release academic, athletic and disciplinary information directly to SAA.
6. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by the substantive laws of the State of Colorado, without reference to principles governing choice or conflicts of laws. In addition, Member agrees that all lawsuits must be maintained in state courts sitting in Routt County, Colorado, or federal district courts located in the District of Colorado, and Member consents and agrees that jurisdiction and venue for such proceedings shall be exclusively with such courts. In the event any portion of this release is found to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be fully enforceable to the fullest extent allowed by law.
7. Member hereby accepts the studio policy that all tuition fees will be processed MONTHLY via ACH using the credit card on file. Member grants permission to Steamboat Arts Academy to process said fees in advance of classes on the 5th of every month. If the form of payment on file is not valid, member agrees to pay fees prior to the 10th of month to avoid any late fees.
HAVING CAREFULLY READ THE FOREGOING AND UNDERSTANDING IT TO BE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT, MEMBER SIGNIFIES HIS/HER ASSENT TO THE ABOVE TERMS BY SIGNING BELOW: