THE SEASON IS FROM SEPT to JUNE - 2018/2019
FEES FOR THE SEASON 2018/2019*: All Fees subject to 13% HST
30 min classes - $495 per season
45 min classes - $585 per season
1 hr classes - $650 per season
Registration includes: Recital DVD
and a JDS Hair Bow(for new students only), boys will receive a JDS t-shirt
* Hair Bow will be given out during the first week of class, the recital DVD is provided approximately 6 weeks after the recital
** Registration fees do not include costume fees, picture day fees, recital tickets
There will be a $50 + HST costume deposit fee due at the time of registration per class. The balance will be due prior to December 1, 2018 when the costumes are ordered- tba. No refund on costume deposits.
PAYMENT INFORMATION: Payment can be made by Cash, Cheque, Credit Card. A credit card is required to be on file.
Discounts and Promotions:
Multiple Class Discounts(Recreational Stream): SAVE
$50 off the 2nd class
$100 off the 3rd class
$150 off the 4th class
The more you dance, the more you save! Students enrolling in multiple classes receive great savings. Class fees decrease at two classes per week.
Payments can be made in 3 installments.
1st Installment (50%)*. 2nd Installment (25%) Due Nov 1st. 3rd Installment (25%) Due Feb 1
**Fees for recital costumes will be due on December 1st for each class taken**- Costume Fees are $95 per costume per class
Dance fees must be paid in full by the due dates or students will not be permitted in class.
The studio will administer a $50 charge to all cheques returned by the bank for any reason
The studio will administer a $50 charge to all late payments and postponed/held tuition payments for any reasons. Payments not submitted by studio closing on the due date are considered late and subject to fees. A 3% monthly late fee will apply to the balance.
A 10% discount is offered to siblings registered in the same or fewer classes per week. This discount applies the second child in the family. The 3rd child receives a 20% discount and every child thereafter.
We have implemented a referral program for current company members of J'Danse Studio. We truly appreciate these referrals and to say thank you we would like to offer you a $50 credit towards a class, private lesson, costume fee or recital tickets(no limit on referrals). Bring in a friend today! *conditions apply
TENTATIVE Recital Date: Saturday June 15th, 2019
TENTATIVE Picture Day: Saturday March 2nd, 2019
The studio will be closed during the Christmas Holiday, March Break and Statutory holiday weekends. A calendar has been provided indicating studio closures and important dates.
Fees for recital costumes will be due by December 1st, 2018 for each class taken
Costumes for recreational programs will cost $95 this season. There will be a $50 costume non refundable deposit due with the initial registration fees. This does not include accessories or tights. Costume will be handed in the new year before photo day. Parents will be responsible for any additional alterations needed prior to the recital. Please keep the costumes clean and in a garment bag and not to be worn other than at the photo day.
Parents Studio Viewing Camera:
For your viewing pleasure you can relax in our parent's lounge and watch your child's class from the closed circuit viewing monitors. The monitor is generally on from September to December based on each instructors discretion. The monitor will be turned off after the Christmas break between January and June as the students will be learning choreography for the end of year dance recital.
Tuition Payments: Payment must be made in full prior as per the payment schedule indicated at the start of the dance program. Payments accepted in the form of cash/cheque/credit card/paypal/email transfer. There will be a $50 late fee charged for NSF cheques or late payments and a 3% per month charge on late payments. Registration fees may be prorated.
Performance Fees: Costume fees must be paid on or before the date specified. There will a costume fee that will be due on or before Nov 1, 2018 per class enrolled as well as a fee for recital tickets at year end. A late fee of $50 per class per child will be charged if payment is not paid by this date. Recital tickets will be made available for sale for anyone wishing to attend and at the door. Dancers do not require a ticket if they remain backstage. Dancers may watch the show but must purchase a ticket.
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds or transferal of fees on any payments received by J'Danse Studio including the unused portion of a term payment, registration fees, choreography fees, costume fees, competitions fees, rehearsal fees or merchandise purchased. Owner's discretion may apply. There will be no credits/refunds for classes not attended by the participant and/or cancelled due to weather or personal emergency reasons. We reserve the right to combine/cancel classes, temporarily or permanently, without advance notice, due to an emergency or low enrollment. Teachers are subject to change without notice. All class withdrawals must be done in writing, mail or email. If you have confirmed to transfer to another class, you are deemed registered. If a refund is granted a $100 admin fee will apply.
Dance Attire: You agree to wear the proper dance attire required for the class in which you are enrolled. If you are not wearing the proper attire, it will be the teacher's decision if you will be able to participate in class that day. All dancers, parents, visitors must remove their outdoor footwear upon entrance to the studio. Absolutely NO outdoor shoes are allowed in the dance studio. Please see the dress code details found on the website.
Dance Studio Property: The studio property should be treated with respect by all students/parents. Damage caused will be assessed and charged back. J'Danse Studio is not responsible for any lost/stolen articles. Please leave all valuables at home.
Parking Lot: Please drive carefully in and around the parking lot and park in the appropriate space designated.
Parents/Guardian: Please be sure to pick up students promptly after class. The studio is not responsible for your children after class. Please remember that the dance studio is not a child care facility. Please do not disturb classes already in progress. Please make every effort to bring your children to class on time. All guardians are expected to behave with respect to all students, teachers, and other parents.
Media: I authorize J'Danse Studio to copyright or publish any photographs or video footage taken of my child/guardian while participating as a student in her dance program for dance purposes (ie. recital, slideshow, website). J'Danse Studio may use these without limitations or reservations as it relates to the dance studio advertising.
The recital will be videotaped and sold to parents and therefore if you chose not to have your child videotaped they are not permitted to take part in the recital.
Injury: In case of illness or injury J'Danse Studio will contact the parent/guardian on file, if unavailable we will call the emergency contact. J'Danse Studio will seek medical advice and act accordingly where treatment is deemed necessary. There is risk of injury during participation.
Grounds for Dismissal (without refund): Attitudes that are disrespectful, uncooperative, or aggressive do not have a place at J'Danse Studio. Parents/Students will not speak negatively about one another or the instructors. A zero-tolerance policy is in effect for both parents and students at the studio. The studio reserves the right to revoke/cancel the participation/membership and entrance of parents and students if disobedient, disrespectful, and aggressive behaviour is observed. Foul language will not be tolerated by the studio. Bullying will not be allowed at any level. Any inappropriate or slanderous remarks about J'Danse Studio or staff members in any way or on any social media site will be cause for immediate dismissal.
Those who register online agree to pay tuition via credit card indicated upon registration for the duration of the season, according to the payment schedule. It is your responsibility to ensure that credit cards on file are updated regularly to avoid late fees and other penalty charges.
Waiver: In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the J'Danse Studio, dance/fitness program(s), related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that: The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and, I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releases or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately, and I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless Janie Charocopos o/a J'Danse Studio, their officers, officials, agents, teachers and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event ("Releasees"), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death or loss of damage to person or property, whether caused by the negligence of the releases or otherwise. I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, and that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without inducement. For participants on minority age(under 18 at the time of registration) This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liability incidents to my minor childs involvement or participation in these programs as provided above.
J'Danse Studio adheres to keeping all personal information provided strictly confidential, used only for the direct purpose of the related program(s).
J'Danse Studio is committed to providing excellent dance education in a clean, friendly, family oriented environment. The policies are to ensure that all dancers get the education they deserve.
1) No outdoor shoes allowed in the studio. Outside dirt can damage the floors or become a safety hazard. Please ensure proper foot wear is worn to class.
2) No food, drinks or chewing gum are permitted in the dance studio area or change rooms (except for plastic/sports water bottles - no glass bottles)
3) If fathers are bringing their daughters to dance please use the 2nd change room (family change room) going forward.
4) Valuables should not be brought to the studio, as we are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
5) The viewing camera monitor in the parents lobby will generally be on from September to December. From January to the time of the recital the monitor will be off as this is the time we are learning choreography for the recital. Only staff is permitted to operate the tv.
6) ONLY Students and Instructors are allowed in the studio. Parents/friends are not allowed unless authorized.
7) Children who are not dancing may not be left unsupervised at the studio, unless discussed in advance.
Attendance and Admin:
8) Parents are required to notify the studio or inform the teacher when their child will be absent from class as a courtesy. This should be done via email only.
9) During extreme weather conditions, classes may be cancelled. A cancellation message will be be emailed to everyone. This message will also be posted on the website, facebook and twitter. If you do NOT have regular access to internet or email please advise us so that we can ensure a call is placed.
10) If your child has an injury or special need, it is vital that you notify the teacher so that we can monitor the child during class.
11) Correspondence should be sent via email ONLY. For anything more urgent you can call or an appointment can be made to discuss it in person privately.
12) Any concerns should be addressed with either Janie or George. Unexpected conversations may be difficult to accommodate in the moment. We will be happy to give you our undivided attention at a scheduled date/time.
13) Please notify us of any change in contact info so that we can update our records in case of emergency.
Etiquette & Conduct:
14) PLEASE DO NOT SPEED in the parking lot. There are kids crossing at all times. We haven't had any accidents to date and we prefer to keep it that way. Safety is our main priority.
15) Please ensure that you are wearing the proper dance attire including proper hair in a bun and shoes/foot wear for every class. Our dress code has been made available online and on the studio bulletin board.
16) Students are expected to observe good personal hygiene habits. Ensure dance attire is clean, nailed are neatly groomed and that deodorant is used if required. Please be considerate when using perfume.
17) All students should keep their bodies healthy!! Get proper rest, drink lots water and eat healthy foods for good health & injury prevention.
18) Students shall not leave the studio and enter the reception area during class time unless dismissed by the instructor. Instructors need to know where their students are at all times.
19) Please hang up coats on the rack behind the door in the waiting area. Please do not put shoes or boots up on the couches to help in minimize wear and tear.
20) Please ensure that all doors are closed behind you.
21) Here at J'Danse Studio, we promote all dancers to treat each other with respect, support and encouragement. This also applies to all parents also.