1. Only registered athletes are allowed in the practice areas. Siblings, family members, friends, etc. are not allowed in the practice area. Students who are not in a class must not be in the gym.
2. Parents who sit in parent room and lobby must keep conversation positive and refrain from criticizing other children, coaches, etc. Any issues should be brought directly to Buffy or Jeanine. This area is intended to be for your convenience to sit and wait for your athlete if necessary. If this area becomes a negative atmosphere, ECE reserves the right to close the room.
3. No food, gum, or drinks allowed in practice area.
4. All trash must be disposed of in appropriate trash receptacles.
5. No cell phones are allowed in practice area at the gym during team practices or at competition warm ups/awards.
6. All choreography and music is highly protected and should not be shared, traded shown or discussed with others. NO videos or music should be uploaded to any online site such as YouTube, FaceBook, Twitter, etc.
7. Every child is required to be at every practice, gymnastic class, camp, choreography session, competitions and special event. If for any reason the coach feels that you are not able to fulfill your obligation due to extensive sickness or other commitments, we have the right to remove you from the squad or put you on an alternate status.
8. Every cheerleader AND parent must hold the ideals and morals that the East Celebrity Elite program abides by. That includes being a team player, showing respect for all members of all teams, including their own, other teams in the gym, and other competing teams. No foul language should be used at any time while representing East Celebrity Elite. If for any reason we find that a cheerleader or parent is not upholding these qualities, they will be asked to leave the program. No parent should speak negatively about any kid in the program, including their own.
9. East Celebrity Elite reserves the right to name the alternates to any team in the program at any time during the year. A child can be named an alternate at tryouts, or can become an alternate at any time during the year. Any child that is an alternate is required to pay tuition.
10. We will not go around schedules for any activities that your child may be involved in.
11. Please be aware that our employee office and staff room are exclusively for our staff. If you need to speak to a coach or staff person during working hours, please email the owners or text the coaches to schedule a meeting.
12. No parent should interrupt a coach or instructor during practice or class. If there is an issue that you need to discuss, please let our receptionist know and we will get in touch with you to schedule a meeting.
15. NO EAST CELEBRITY ELITE CHEERLEADER is allowed to compete with any other all-star program.
16. No cheerleader is to wear any jewelry during practices or competitions. This is a USASF rule and it will be strictly enforced. It is for the SAFETY of your child.
17. All East Celebrity Elite members must wear ONLY East Celebrity Elite apparel during competitions. No pajama pants, random t-shirts or street clothes are to be worn at any time. Also, no skirts are to be unbuttoned or top to be unzipped. We want our athletes to represent our gym in a positive way.
18. Parents of young children should park in the parking lot and enter the building to pick up their child from practice.
We realize that there are many venues for social media including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Fierce Boards, etc. All of these give us the opportunity to stay connected and get vital information in a quick and easy fashion. We will be asking all coaches to manage a TEAM FACEBOOK PAGE for each ECE team. This way the coaches can communicate daily with athletes and will only invite acceptable people to see that page. All information will continue to be posted on our website as well. In regards to social media we are asking that all parents and athletes follow our social media policy and adhere to all rules. If you have any questions please ask BEFORE you post. If you feel a post is inappropriate, it probably is. We will have a NO TOLERANCE policy for social media. This includes parents, athletes, coaches and staff. Social media is a great way to motivate kids, show support of your gym, congratulate other programs, show new skills gained and other positive comments. It is not a venue to air your dirty laundry or to complain about the program. If you have any issues that you feel strongly about please speak to the owners of ECE and rather than posting on any form of social media.
1. No person is allowed to have ECE, Team Name or East Celebrity Elite as their screen name for any form of social media. Ex. Cheryl ECE is NOT acceptable for Twitter, Fierce Boards, etc.
2. There will be no negative comments on any forms of social media regarding any athletes, coaches, staff, or other programs allowed. Please only post positive comments. This includes when you write something that may not say names or program but it can be looked at as negative. Ex. "Wow, amazing how one kid can spoil a whole routine." This is not acceptable as it is negative without naming anyone in particular.
3. No inappropriate pictures posted. If you are engaging in something illegal or inappropriate please do not share with everyone in social media. Ex. Pictures of underage athletes drinking at a party even though not in ECE clothing.
4. No inappropriate language on social media. If you are upset about something that happened during your day we do not need to see all vulgar language on twitter, facebook, etc.... This goes for parents, staff, and athletes. Even though you do not reference ECE many people know you are a part of our program and that is not how we want ECE portrayed on social media.
Every cheerleader is required to be at every practice, tumble class, camp, choreography session and special event. Please note that if you do not adhere to the above rules you can be removed from the team. East Celebrity Elite reserves the right to remove any child from the program because of excessive excused absences as well. If your child is involved in any other activities besides all-star cheerleading, please make sure they will not have conflicts.
If your child has practice and their sibling is travelling to a competition on another team, you will have to use an unexcused absence for the child missing practice.
Starting in September, each cheerleader will receive 2 unexcused absences which can be used at your discretion. Please note that you will not be able to use these unexcused absences the week of a competition. (ie, the 2 practices prior, that includes the weekday and the weekend practice) If you miss a practice the week of a competition you will be replaced for that comp and made an indefinite alternate or dismissed permanently from the team at the coaches/owner discretion. Any tardy arrival to practice greater than 20 minutes will be considered an unexcused absence.
Once you have used these 2 unexcused absences you will be told that you have used all of your unexcused absences. If you miss another practice, you will be removed from the team or made an indefinite alternate at the coaches/owner discretion. We suggest you use these wisely and only when necessary. This attendance policy has been put into effect to ensure that all cheerleaders participate with the same amount of commitment level. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
Summer practice attendance is also very important as we utilize these months for skill building purposes. We do want families to be able to vacation together during the summer months but ask that no child miss more than 2 weeks of practice during the months of June, July and August. You must provide any dates you will be missing to your coach in writing at the start of the season. If you are able to coordinate your own vacations with gym closings, it is much appreciated. ECE will be closed from - June 29th- July 8th and August 29th - September 3rd