Enrollment -Enrollment is open to any and shall be granted without discrimination in regard to sex, race, color, religion, or political belief. However, Director and/or Owner reserves the right to send a student home or ask a patron to leave the property due to illness, disruptive behavior, risk of contagiousness, and in regards to the safety of others. There is a two class minimum for all classes.
Attendance- A parent, student, or patron must notify the Studios within 2 hours of lesson/session start time to be absent from a lesson. Missed days of dance can not be made up. Director should be notified if a child is ill. If there is inclement weather please call, a message will inform you if we are closed, there are no refunds for closers due to inclement weather. Students may not attend class if payments are past due or if not in proper uniform. Students who miss a month of classes must register again for classes.
Parent, siblings, friends, or spectator's access -Parents may be asked not watch lessons/rehearsal at anytime if their presence is disruptive. In cases where Family court or other legal entities have been established visitation or custody rights, a copy of the orders must be provided to Living Arts Dance & Fitness Studios. The orders of the court will be strictly followed unless the custodial parent/guardian requests a more liberal variation of the court order in writing. Visitors are allowed in the studio areas only at the discretion of the director. A staff member will accompany visitors at all times.
Arrival & Departure - Upon arrival and departure each parent, student, or patron must sign in and out on the appropriate sheet(s) in the foyer. Children are to be escorted to their designated area and dropped off with a supervisor at all times. Students may not be dismissed on their own without written parent consent. Parental involvement in helping your child get settled with a staff member will help your child adjust quickly to the routine. Students who are not picked up with 15 minutes of their class will be charge a late pick-up fee. Older students must not be responsible for younger siblings, only parents or guardians. Living Arts Dance Inc. is not responsible for students who linger before/after designated classes students will be asked to wait in the lobby area.
Accidents & Injury - Should a student become injured at school, the parent will be notified via an incident report form. The parent will be asked to sign this form indicating that he/she has been notified, and a copy of the form will be included in the student's school record. In the event of an injury, if the injury is of a serious nature, a parent will receive a phone call from the school at the time the accident occurs.
Field Trips - Periodic field trips will be planned to provide the students with exposure to the arts and learning experiences in our local community. Prior to each trip, information will be sent home outlining the date, time, cost, location, chaperones, etc. The permission slip must be signed and returned to the director by the date requested and the appropriate fees must be paid in order for the child to attend.
Smoking - It is our desire that the environment around the studios be as safe and as healthy as possible. Living Arts Dance Inc. building and grounds are smoke-free. Parents, staff, and visitors are asked to comply with this request.
Fire Arms & Weapons - Living Arts Dance Inc. grounds and building are to remain weapons-free, unauthorized possession of dangerous or illegal firearms, weapons or explosives on the property is forbidden.
Discipline - It is the policy of Living Arts Dance Inc. to keep disciplinary issues minimized and help students monitor their own behavior. Staff of the studios present age-appropriate behavioral guidelines and use reflective communication to encourage children to express their emotions. The staff encourages self-control, self-direction, responsibility, and cooperation. When it is practical and safe, logical or natural discipline consequences will be presented to the child. Aggressive physical behavior (fighting, hitting, biting, etc.) by any or toward another student or staff member is unacceptable. Staff members will intervene immediately should this type of situation occur in order to protect all and encourage more acceptable behavior. Physical restraint will not be used except as necessary for control of the situation. If student's/patrons behavior is uncontrollable, extremely disruptive, and/harmful to him/herself or others, they may be asked to be remove from the property and the dance program at the director/owners discretion.
Living Arts Dance Inc.
624 -628 N. Front Street, 2nd & 3rd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19123
Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
(Read Carefully Before Agreeing)
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Living Arts Dance Inc. indicated below and/or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (here in defined as any area where in admittance to the general public is prohibited), the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the minor participant named below agree:
1. The parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating in the below Living Arts Dance Inc. classes, activities or event, he or she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he or she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the officials of such condition and refuse to participate. I understand and agreed that, if at any time, I feel anything to be UNSAFE, I will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area and REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE further.
2. I/WE fully understand and acknowledge that:
(a) There are risks and dangers associated with participation in Living Arts Dance Inc. classes, events and activities which could result in bodily injury partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death.
(b) The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be severe.
(c) These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, the Releasees named below.
(d) There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at his time.
3. I/WE accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees named below.
4. I/WE HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the Living Arts Dance Inc. facility used by the participant , including its owners, managers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the Living Arts Dance Inc. classes, events or program, premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the Living Arts Dance Inc. facility or events held at such facility and each of them, their directors, officers, agents, employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as "Releasee"...FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next to kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES AND ANY CLAIMS OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DEATH OF THE PARTICIPANT OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE EVENT(S) CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE.
5. I/WE HEREBY acknowledge that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of THE UNDERSIGNED also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
6. EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
7. On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned partner(s) and/or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant executes this Waiver and Release. If, despite this release, the participant makes a claim against any of the Releasees, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse the Releasee for any money which they have paid to the participant, or on his behalf, and hold them harmless.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
___Fall - Spring Students will have MANDATORY Recital rehearsals: May 2, 2020, May 9, 2020, May 16, 2020, May 30, 2020. Students who do not participate in the mandatory recital may loose their parts in their recital dances.
___Students who attend the Fall - Winter and Winter - Spring session are eligible to attend the annual dance recital.
___Students who join our program late in the Winter season or have excessive absences (more than 3) may not be able to participate in the recital, attendance participation is based on the instructor and director's discretion.
___ Notices will be sent out if your child is in jeopardy of not being able to participate in the Recital.
___ Recital Costumes are included in the cost of tuition for students who have made 5 tuition payments throughout the 2019 - 2020 season, students who do not make all tuition payments will be required to pay a costume fee in the rate of $50.00 per class..
___ Students who join classes after Jan. 1, 2020 will be required to pay a costume fee in the rate of $50.00 per class.