In consideration of me or my child being permitted to participate in Centerstage Starz and Dance programs and activities, the undersigned, appreciating any possible dangers, hazards, or injuries inherent in Centerstage Starz programs and activities, hereby assumes the risks and responsibilities surrounding my or my child's participation in the foregoing programs and activities or other activities as an adjunct hereto; and further, I, for myself, my heirs, and personal representative(s) hereby defend, hold harmless, indemnify, release and forever discharge Centerstage Starz and all its owners, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, demands, and actions or causes of actions on account of damage to property or personal injury, which may result in my or my child's participation in such programs and activities which result from causes beyond the control of and without gross negligence of Centerstage Starz and Dance Studio, its owners, agents, and employees during the period of my participation.
I further understand and agree that I give this release freely, voluntarily, and in the consideration of me or my child being granted permission to participate in the Centerstage Starz and Dance Studio's programs and activities. I also agree that this Release and Liability Waiver shall be effective whether or nor I have in force any policy of insurance to cover me or my child for injuries that may arise from participation in Centerstage Starz and Dance Studio's programs and activities. If I do not have any such policy in effect then I personally assume and agree to pay for the loss or damage occasioned from said activities which result from causes beyond the control of and without gross negligence of Centerstage Starz and Dance Studio, its owners, agents, or employees during the period of my or my child's participation, and I expressly agree not to look to Centerstage Starz and Dance Studio for reimbursement for any such loss or damage.
I do hereby unconditionally release and forever discharge any and all claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever arising from, or in any manner connected with, or growing out of the use in any manner whatsoever, of the pictures and sound of me taken by Centerstage Starz and Dance Studio for internal or external use coverage/production, internal or external media, including but not limited to publications, website, videos, and presentations.
All Centerstage families are asked to set up an automatic monthly payment program using a credit or debit card. Tuition will be run the 1st of the month for the entire Session.
• Our classes are structured around Sessions. Fall Session runs September - December (4 monthly payments), Spring Session runs January - May (5 monthly payments), and Summer Session runs July - August (1 payment). We also have an annual registration fee.
• Families are welcome to pay the entire session, for which there is a discount, by cash, check, or credit. All monthly payment accounts must use a credit or debit card.
• Students will automatically be enrolled from Fall to Spring classes unless we are informed otherwise. If a student plans on changing classes from Fall to Spring Session, please inform us by December 1st. If your student is not continuing for the Spring Session, please notify us by the 1st of December.
• Tuition will only be pro-rated if a student starts class after the start of the session.
• On accounts where the credit card expires or declines, a late fee of $15 will be assessed after the 7th of the month. Accounts not paid by the 15th of the month will result in a student not being allowed to take the class until the balance and fees are resolved. All accounts more than 30 days past due will be turned over to our collections agency.
• Tuition will always be the same whether there are 3, 4, or 5 weeks. The longer months and extra rehearsals compensate for the shorter months. We do not charge by the class but rather by the session, which takes into account all scheduled holidays and breaks.
• 10% off each additional sibling.
• Absolutely no refunds! No financial credits for missed classes. No exceptions will be made. If a child misses a class, he/she is welcome to make up in another class. Please schedule make up classes with our Office Manager.
• If a student is withdrawing from a class, we require written notice via our Class Withdrawal and Automatic Payment Cancellation form. This form must be turned in and its receipt acknowledged by a Centerstage representative at least 30 days prior to our next billing cycle. Many of our classes are on a waitlist and we need to notify the people on
the waitlist to fill vacant spots. If we are not notified of withdrawal 30 days prior, you will still be held financially responsible and you will receive an invoice for the appropriate amount as well as any late fees that have accrued. Students withdrawing early from the Session will not be offered a refund or credit for tuition.
• All exceptions must be made in writing by the parent/guardian and approved by the owner in writing.
Annual Registration Fee $35 per student/$80 per family
Drop-In Class $20
Please remember these guidelines are to ensure the safety of students, maintain a clean environment, and help the studio function in an efficient manner, and above all, provide students with unparalleled performing arts education!
• Observation Week is strictly restricted to the first week of every month. Restricting observation time eliminates excess noise and allows the students to focus and learn more quickly, ensuring a high quality class (especially with younger students). There are observation windows in all of the studios for observation week. Please keep the hallways clear and allow all parents a chance to observe. Please do not tap on the glass or enter the room for any reason. If you have an emergency please notify the front desk. Parents/friends are allowed to wait in the lobby area. The dressing rooms are for dancers only, please respect their privacy.
• All studio news and information will be sent by email, posted on our website at www.centerstagestarz.com and on our Facebook page. Please make sure email@example.com is on your safe-sender list and not on your spam list. Please reference the website often for the most up-to-date news, upcoming dates, etc.
• It is very important that students attend all classes for which they are registered. Consistency is an integral part of the learning process and a key to improvement and success.
Please call the studio for any absence, for an extended period or just one class.
• Questions or concerns regarding any aspect of your child's education/accounting at Centerstage Starz should be addressed by appointment with the appropriate staff member/ director. During teaching hours, the focus should be on students so please do not disrupt class time to address questions. Please call the studio during regular office hours
or to arrange a meeting. Please address questions to the staff instead of another parent as we have the most up to date and accurate information to help you. We will only discuss issues that affect your child individually.
• Students are expected to show respect for themselves, teachers, parents, and classmates. We understand that students form friendships and are encouraged to, however, we ask that excess talking and such be taken care of before or after class to limit distractions in class.
• In the case of staff illness/absence: We do not cancel the class. Another staff member will step in and substitute teach in the absent staff member's absence.
• In case of inclement weather: Tune to radio or TV stations for Cherry Creek, Littleton, and Douglas County School closures or cancellation of any after school closings. Centerstage Starz will be canceled on days that these districts are closed due to bad weather. If the studio must be closed due to circumstances beyond our control (power outages, inclement weather, etc.) there will be no refunds or make-ups scheduled.
• Proper dance attire and dance shoes are required for all classes. Unprepared students will not be allowed to participate in class.
• Ballet: Girls need to wear a solid color leotard and tights with solid tight-fitting shorts or ballet skirt over and pink ballet shoes. Boys need to wear sweats or dance pants with men's black ballet shoes.
• Jazz/Poms/Lyrical/Tap/Hip Hop, etc.: Dance students need to wear exercise clothing. Inappropriate clothing, including khakis, jeans, socks without shoes, and large baggy t- shirts, restrict movement and can cause an injury.
• Black jazz shoes are required for Lyrical, Poms, Jazz, Turns, and Progressions. Black tap shoes, preferably tap oxfords, are required for Tap class. Hip hop sneakers need to be shoes that are not worn outside at any time. Street shoes are absolutely not allowed on the dance floors!
• No gum or food during classes! We do not want anyone choking. Food will only be allowed in the front lobby. Under no circumstance will food be allowed in the dance rooms or locker rooms.
• Always bring a water bottle to class. The studio does not have a water fountain. Bring it with you to your class.
• Students and parents are responsible for cleaning up after themselves. Please make sure trash makes it into the trash cans. Please respect the property of Centerstage Starz including all common areas, floors, barres, tables, chairs, walls, etc.
• Centerstage Starz is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Students must have their name on all personal property, shoes, bags, jackets, etc. Please do not bring valuables into the studio. All personal effects should be kept in a dressing room locker or a cubby.
• Students are to arrive to class no more than 10 minutes before class starts and must be picked up promptly after class. Every student should arrive in enough time to change clothing, eat, and use the restroom, etc. before class starts. Parents will be charged a $20.00 babysitting fee if a dancer is picked up more than 20 minutes after their class has ended. Call us if you are running late for any reason.
• Centerstage Starz is not responsible for students and/or other children left unattended outside of regular class time including any older children who leave the premises for any reason.
• We highly encourage parents to walk students in and out of the studio. No student should leave the studio without a parent. Students should not wait outside!
• We do one large dance recital production and one theatre production in the spring. We will do a smaller performance at the studio of scenes, dances, and songs after Fall Session.
• In lieu of a recital fee, we sell tickets to our Spring shows. Ticket prices will range from $20-$25 per ticket.
• A costume fee will be charged for each dance class in which a student performs. Dancers will keep these costumes. Costumes will range from $60-$95 per class. Dancers will also need to purchase the appropriate tights for their costumes, which range from $10-16 if you order them through the studio. Parents will be responsible for selecting the costume size we will order. Parents are responsible for any necessary alterations.
• We at Centerstage Starz are dedicated to keeping a positive and encouraging environment for all students, parents, and staff. We will not tolerate any negativity, gossip, or otherwise disrespectful behavior. Poor behavior by any parent or student may result in dismissal from our studio. Thank you for helping us continue to provide a fun and healthy place for your children to grow.
• Centerstage Starz reserves the right to refuse any further service to a parent or dancer if poor or inappropriate behavior occurs. If termination occurs, any fees paid to Centerstage Starz will not be refunded.