To ensure the smooth, safe running of Central Dance Academy and an enjoyable experience by all, below you will find bullet points of part of our code of conduct. As always we are open to feedback, so if any of the requirements outlined below are unclear or concerning, please give us a call to discuss further. Following a formal meeting, we do reserve the right to dismiss or take disciplinary action on any students or parents who breach our studio's code of conduct.
1. Families who do not comply with their fee or costume payment obligations will be charged a late fee, and/or excluded from performances. Costume expenses are the responsibility of the parent, and costumes will not be issued to students with unpaid class fees.
2. No classes (including private lessons) or teachers are to be disturbed unless it is an emergency. Parents are not to approach teachers or students during class and if messages or food/drink/medication needs to be passed on to a student, it must be done through a Central Dance Academy staff member. All parents must wait in the waiting areas or outside of the studios until classes have been dismissed.
3. We are unable to take responsibility for our students before or after their scheduled classes and it is the responsibility of the parent to ensure their child is picked up and dropped off on time. In the case of an emergency or unavoidable delay, please contact the studio immediately to inform us of the situation so we can keep your child calm and safe until they can be collected.
4. Any questions or complaints must go through reception - parents and students are not permitted to contact Central Dance Academy teachers via phone, in person, or via email /social networking with studio issues unless it has been broached with the owner first. Personal meetings with the studio director/owner can happily be arranged via reception.
5. In the rare case of a parent or student showing disrespect or defamation to any parent, staff member or student, a meeting will be called immediately and dismissal may be considered at the discretion of the principal. Physical, mental, emotional or cyber bullying by parents, staff or students will not be tolerated and may result in dismissal from the studio.
6. Central Dance Academy takes no responsibility for any stolen or misplaced property on the studio premises and we encourage our families to avoid bringing valuable items into the studio where possible.
Your child's attendance in class is very important to their peers and our teaching staff. As a member of the team, it is a commitment for you to ensure your child attends their classes on time each week and attends all lessons planned for them. Not only do absences impact the concert routines we create, it also impacts the social and confidence-building principals we work hard to foster in each age group. (CDA faculty may request a student take private lessons to catch up on a performance routine in the case that the student is behind)
If you know ahead of time that your child will be absent due to holidays/vacations, commitments or school trips, please let us know ahead of time so the class impact is minimal. If your child is too unwell to attend class, we ask that you inform our admin team as soon as you can so they can let the teachers know and preparations can be made to catch up on any missed work.
Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate make-up sessions for students who miss classes, but will make every endeavor to schedule a catch-up class in the unlikely event that Central Dance Academy needs to cancel a lesson.
Central Dance Academy asks that you keep your child home from classes when they are running a fever, have a runny nose that requires consistent use of Kleenex, constant coughing. This way we keep our students and faculty healthy. When your student isn't contagious (just had tooth extraction, injured) we encourage them to come and watch their class and take notes
If you wish to withdraw from classes at Central Dance Academy, it is a requirement that you notify the studio in writing by filling out our withdrawal form.
CDA requires a two-month commitment for all lessons. This gives the student time to experience the progressions that happen in a class.
Our goal is to work with each parent and student that is considering dropping a class and try to find a solution to keep the student in class so they can experience the culmination of a year's work at the annual performance. To help with this, we ask that we are given one month's notice from the first of the month before a class is discontinued. We ask that you withdrawal at the studio office. Withdrawal must occur within the first 7 days of the month
WITHDRAWS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER JANUARY 7, 2020
All unprocessed checks, dated after the one-month notice period will be returned. No refunds will be given for performance fee.
Refunds will not be given for tuition or costumes that has been paid ahead.