Joy McDaniel Academy of Dance and Gymnastics strives to be a positive, respectful, family friendly dance and gymnastics academy.
• Students, parents/legal guardians, guests, and any person(s) associated with students or parents/legal guardians are expected to be attentive, respectful, and polite to all JMAD instructors, staff members, fellow students, parents/legal guardians, and other persons present on the JMAD premises, at any event or function where they are representing JMAD (including but not limited to: performances, recitals, dance competitions, conventions, etc.)
• Gossip, intimidation, abuse, or disrespectful comments of any kind about JMAD, its staff, instructors, affiliates, students, and/or parents/legal guardians will not be tolerated whether on or off JMAD premises.
• Any grievances should be brought to the immediate attention of Joy McDaniel (Owner and Director) and not shared with other parents/legal guardians or students of JMAD past or present.
• The failure of students, parents/legal guardians, guests, and any persons associated with the student or parents/legal guardians to abide by these rules may result in the administrative withdrawal, suspension, or termination of the student.
• Students should arrive to class on time, wearing proper attire (leotard, tights, etc.), and with the appropriate shoes.
• Students are expected to participate in class and behave respectfully toward instructors and classmates.
• Instructors are expected to make every effort to cultivate a healthy and respectful learning environment, and therefore reserve the right to implement class specific policies (including but not limited to: dress code, tardiness/absences, language, and cell phones). It is each individual instructor's responsibility to communicate any class-specific policies to students and parents.
• In regard to disruptive behavior in the classroom, instructors may discipline children by using time outs, or withholding rewards (such as stickers) as necessary. Instructors are expected to communicate with parent/legal guardians regarding disruptive behavior.
• JMAD allows and encourages the use of social media to celebrate the hard work of our students and promote the art of dance and gymnastics.
• Slanderous, explicit, or abusive statements, videos, or posts made on any social media accounts including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc... toward, about or in association with JMAD, its staff, instructors, students, Parents/legal guardians, and affiliates will not be tolerated.
• Violation of this regulation may be grounds for immediate administrative withdrawal, suspension, or termination from JMAD.
• JMAD reserves the right to pursue legal action for any slanderous, explicit, or abusive social media posts that may cause harm in any manner to JMAD or its owners, directors, managers, instructors, or employees.
• It is highly recommended that parents/legal guardians supervise the JMAD related pictures and posts on their child's social media accounts.
• A $30 per student Registration Fee is due at the time of registration. Registration fees are non-refundable.
• Tuition is $58 per class. A multi-class discount is available, and is based on the total number of classes per family. An additional discount is given to families enrolled in automatic e-payments using a bank account or credit/debit card.
• PAYMENT OPTION 1: Annual Payment -Tuition paid in full. A 10% discount off the lowest fee schedule will be given for tuition paid in full for the 2017-18 year by September 5, 2017. This fee is non-refundable.
• PAYMENT OPTION 2: Monthly Automatic E-payments. Tuition paid monthly can be paid by enrolling in automatic e-payments using a bank account or debit/credit card when registering. Families enrolled in automatic e-payments will receive an auto-pay discount on their monthly tuition as long as they are enrolled in automatic e-payments. A $25 fee will be charged to all returned bank drafts. A $10 late fee will be added to all declined/returned automatic payments if tuition is not paid by the 15th of the month.
I understand that by choosing Monthly Automatic E-payments and providing my bank account or credit card information, I am authorizing JMAD to debit my checking account or charge my credit card for my tuition payment, and I understand these payments will continue until I notify JMAD in writing to discontinue them or at the completion of the dance year in May. I understand that if I need to change this agreement, I can do so by coming to the studio in person and filling out a new form.
I also authorize JMAD to withdraw funds from my bank account or charge my credit card for the following if not paid in person at the studio by the due date: Costume deposit of $55 per costume on November 16, 2017, the Recital Fee of $75 for one child or $95 for 2 or more children on February 15, 2018, and the costume balance also on February 15, 2018.
• PAYMENT OPTION 3: Monthly Payments at the Studio. Tuition may also be paid in person at the studio each month by cash, check, or credit card. With this option, tuition for May, 2018, is due when enrolling. Tuition is due by the first lesson of each month, August-April. Monthly statements are not sent out unless the account is past due. A $10 late fee will be added to tuition not paid by the 15th of the month, and a statement will be emailed to the billing contact. A $25 fee will be added to all returned checks.
• The first month's tuition must be paid in full at the time of enrollment if student is enrolling after the 5th of the month.
• I understand that failure to pay tuition may result in my child/children being administratively withdrawn from JMAD.
• I have to the best of my knowledge, included all known medical conditions, allergies, and disabilities on my child/children's medical form and will communicate any changes or treatment needed, so that JMAD staff and instructors will able to create a safe environment beneficial to my child/children's health and growth,
• In the event of a life threatening medical emergency involving my child/children, I give my consent for the staff and/or instructors at JMAD to immediately contact emergency services, without seeking any further permission from me, and understand I will be notified as soon as emergency services have been contacted.
• In the event of a non-life threatening accident or illness involving my child/children, I will be notified immediately. In the event that neither I nor my designated emergency contact can be contacted, I hereby give the staff of the Joy McDaniel Academy of Dance and Gymnastics my permission to seek medical attention for my child, including treatment by physicians, hospitals, or any other medical services.
• In such an event, I further agree that the cost of such medical service shall be borne exclusively by myself.
• I further agree to release and hold harmless JMAD, its affiliates, owners, officers, directors, managers, instructors, employees, agents, and attorneys from any and all damages, actions, charges, suits, expenses, claims, obligations, and liabilities from contacting emergency services or obtaining medical services on behalf of my child, from not contacting emergency services or obtaining medical services on behalf of my child, from any decision regarding the nature of an injury or illness involving my child/children, and from contacting or not contacting a parent/legal guardian.
I understand that dance & gymnastics are physical activities that could cause injury. The risk of injury while participating is significant including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while the guidelines, equipment and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist and I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY AM ALLOWING MY CHILD(REN) TO PARTICIPATE AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE or others, and assume full responsibility for my child(ren)'s participation. I for myself, my children and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representative, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS JMAD, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, teachers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct activities, classes and/or events (RELEASEES), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law arising from JMAD's activities. "Activities" include all in-house activities, as well as off-site activities, including, but not limited to nursing home shows, recitals, and rehearsals.