In consideration of being allowed to participate in the amateur diving program conducted by Phil Hoffmann on behalf of Redbird Diving Club, including diving and related events, activities and coaching instruction, the undersigned:
1. Agree that prior to participating, or in the case of a minor participant, the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating, the participant should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if the participant believes anything is unsafe, the participant shall immediately advise his or her coach or supervisor or such conditions, and the participant shall refuse to participate until such unsafe condition is corrected.
2. Acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including physical disfigurement, mental anguish, permanent disability (partial or total) and death, and sever social and economic losses which may result not only from their own actions, inactions or negligence, but the actions, inactions and negligence of others, the rules of play or the conditions of the premises or of any equipment used. Further acknowledge and fully understand that there may be other risks not known or reasonably foreseeable to Redbird Diving Club its coaches or staff.
3. Assume all risks associated with participation in the Redbird Diving Club amateur diving program, including those set forth in the forgoing paragraph 2 whether such risks are foreseeable or unforeseeable, and accept personal responsibility for any damages resulting from an injury, disability or death resulting in whole or part from participation in the Redbird Diving Club amateur diving program.
4. Release, waive discharge and covenant not to sue Redbird Diving Club, its administrators, directors, agents, officers, shareholders, coaches, other employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsor, advertisers and owners, and/or lessor of the premises used to conduct the event or instruction (collectively "Releasees") from any and all present or future claims, rights, demands, controversies, damages, actions, causes of action and/or liability of every nature and kind whatsoever, either in law or equity ("Claims") which the undersigned may have against the Releasees for claims caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part of the actions, inactions or negligence or Releasees.
5. Undersigned fully understands that anyone of them may suffer injuries or damages that are currently unknown and that unknown complications may arise, develop or be discovered in the future. The undersigned hereby waive any rights to assert in the future any such claims not now known or suspected even though, if such claims were known, such knowledge would materially affect the terms of this release. In entering into this release, the parties declare that they fully understand that terms of this release and voluntarily enter into the release and voluntary accept its provisions. Further, the undersigned represent that they have completely read all terms and conditions hereof, and that all such terms are fully understood and voluntarily accepted by the parties. Further, the undersigned warrant, represent and agree that they are not relying on the advise of Redbird Diving Club, its administrators, directors, agents, shareholders, officers, coaches, or other employees as to the legal or other consequences arising out of this release.
6. This release shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of Illinois and shall be binding upon and inured to the benefit of the respective parties, their successors and assigns.
7. Realize the responsibility to notify the diving academy administrator 30 days prior to the cessation of participation with Redbird Diving Club. Failure to do so means I agree to pay all monthly and diving club dues until such notification is made.
I/ WE HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAVIER AND RELEASE, UNDERSTAND THAT I/ WE GIVE UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY.