Aerial arts is a potentially dangerous activity involving acrobatic work at various heights. The most common injuries are overuse injuries of shoulders and back, pulled muscles, bruises, fabric-burns, and dizziness/nausea (from upside-down or spinning). Possible risks include but are not limited to sprains, broken bones, paralysis or death. Students agree to participate at their own risk.
I, being 18 years of age or older, do for myself (and for/on behalf of my child participant, if said child is not of age or older) understand and assume responsibility for any and all risk of physical injury that may be a result of or related directly or indirectly from participating in aerial acrobatic instruction by any instructor associated with Dragonfly Aerial CO. I understand that this is a high risk activity and that instructors will do their best to provide a safe environment and safety centered instruction. However, I do hereby release, forever discharge and agree to hold harmless Dragonfly Aerial CO instructors and the Dragonfly Aerial Company, from any and all liability, claims or demands for personal injury, sickness or death, as well as property damages and expenses, of any nature whatsoever which may be incurred by the undersigned and/or the child participant that occur while said is participating in this acrobatics class.
Furthermore, I (and for or on behalf of my child participant, if under the age of 21 years) hereby assume all risk of personal injury, sickness, death, damage and expense as a result of participation in this activity.
(If the participant has not attained the age of 21 years):
I (we) are the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of this participant, and hereby grant our (my) permission for my child to participate fully in acrobatic instruction by a Dragonfly Aerial CO instructor. We hereby give our permission to transport said participant to a doctor or hospital and hereby authorize medical treatment, including but not limited to emergency surgery or medical treatment, and assume the responsibility of all medical bills, if any.
Colorado Springs is home base to the Dragonfly Aerial Company national licensing program. Dragonfly has made enormous strides to set safety standards and progression guidelines in the aerial industry. In 2017 our curriculum was presented for national execution through the USAG network. Therefore our Colorado Springs Dragonfly is setting the precedent for teacher training programs throughout the USA. Parents and participants must understand that photo and videos are frequently taken of our students in our classroom and at Dragonfly events for not only the use of marketing our local locations, but for sharing with our teacher trainees, Dragonfly coaches and licensees nationwide.
I hereby authorize Dragonfly Aerial CO (Colorado) and the Dragonfly Aerial Company (National) to publish photos and video taken of me/ my child, for use in print, online or video-based marketing materials as well as other company related publications. I understand that this school is the base for a national licensing program and that performances and skill execution during a Dragonfly class or any other event, including showcase performances, may be utilized as inspiration for other Dragonfly programs. Students and guardians agree to the sharing of photos and video, including their personal choreography without right to compensation.
I hereby release and hold harmless Dragonfly Aerial CO from any expectation of privacy or confidentiality associated with the images and video specified above.
I further acknowledge that my participation is voluntary and that I will not receive financial compensation of any type associated with the taking of or publication of these photographs or video. I acknowledge and agree that publication of said photographs or video grant me no rights of ownership or royalties whatsoever.
I release Dragonfly Aerial CO/Company, it's legal representatives and all persons acting under its permission or authority, from any liability that may occur with these pictures or video.
1. Be on time. If students miss the warm up portion of class they will not be permitted to attend the remainder of class.
2. Dress appropriately. No short short shorts (hot pants) or low cut tank tops will be permitted.
3. Cell phone use is not permitted in the studio during class. Please take it outside.
4. Be aware of personal hygiene, clean feet, coverage of underarms when possible,and NO long nails.
5. No jewelry, with the exception of studded earrings, unless cleared by instructor.
6. Hair should be tied back and in a bun if possible.
7. Wash/Sanitize hands when entering class to reduce exposure to contact illnesses.
8. Do not come to class ill, you will be sent home! (Yes, even if you sanitize.) We will gladly issue you a makeup class.
9. Students are not permitted to work beyond the instructor's curriculum. If you saw it on You-tube, please talk to the instructor before attempting to execute it. They may have progressions that may need to be mastered prior to your you-tube goal skill.
10. Students are not permitted to instruct other students (with exception of professional level classes) or work beyond the instructor's perceived point of exhaustion.
11. Stay Positive. A negative or disrespectful attitude will not be tolerated. Our program is rooted in "Growth Mindset" and we ALL practice the "Power of YET"!
12. Students must always have an 8" mat or larger under them at all times unless permitted by an instructor. ie: Straps or Hoop spinning
13. Students are only permitted on the apparatus while under the direct supervision of their instructor.
14. Reckless behavior will result in dismissal from class. This includes doing your "own thing" when the instructor is leading the class in a theme of instruction.
15. No gum.
16. If on the ground, please be patient and do not interrupt the instructor while they work with another student.
17. Tape over cuts or abrasions. This means tape over bandages covering abrasions.
18. Rock or chalk rosin only for youth classes.
19. Students must participate in warm-up and conditioning to proceed to vocabulary and sequencing.
20. REQUIRED ETIQUETTE for SAFETY: Spectators are currently allowed in classes. However, viewers MUST enter and exit BETWEEN classes. For the safety of our flyers, viewers WILL NOT be permitted to walk through active classes, including warm ups except to exit. Parents please do not allow siblings to run around the studio. If siblings or spectators are being disruptive they will be asked to move to the seating in the lobby area. If Viewing, please keep volume level to a minimum and do not interrupt the instructor. Help us keep the spectator privilege at Dragonfly reducing distractions and respecting our safety-focused policies.
21. REQUIRED ETIQUETTE- Spectators are not permitted to video classes. Students may set video up for specific skills and spectators, with permission of the instructor, may video specific skills. However, "letting the camera simply roll" is not permitted out of respect for others in the class, especially minors, and out of respect for the instructor.
Have fun and root for each other! This is your class and you are here to FLY!