1. For the health and protection of all of our staff and students, we agree to take soap showers before entering the pool.
2. I understand that the Academy Swim Club must maintain a child-friendly atmosphere at all times and should I conduct myself otherwise, (i.e. cursing or screaming or inappropriate behavior) I will be asked to leave and may not be allowed to return for a minimum of one year.
3. I understand that Academy Swim Club reserves the right to remove any students from our program when it affects the safety of any other students. I also understand that Academy Swim Club requires adult supervision with my child at all times while in the facility. If I am not present, I will provide another adult to supervise my child.
4. I understand that prior permission is required to take photos of facility or other patrons.
5. I understand that although the Swim Club does all it can to keep my instructor on the same days and times, instructors may change without notice. Parental request for changes should be limited, and may incur a $10 fee for more than 1 change every 3 months.
6. I realize that it is always recommended to get a physician's approval before beginning any exercise regimen.
7. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself/my child from participation and bring such to the attention of the Swim Club immediately.
8. I understand the risk of injury from activities involved in swimming is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE
OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my/my child's participation; and,
9. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS SCV ACADEMY SWIM CLUB, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, property owners and lessors of premises (Releasees) used for the activity, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. I also understand that although my child may pass certain skill levels during classes, children need supervision around or near water at all times and it is dangerous to assume that any child is "water safe."
11. I have given my email address and cell phone so I can be notified of changes in teacher schedules, Open Swim changes, pool closure dates, substitutions, Safety Week, changes in policies, expired accounts, etc. Without email addresses, I may not be notified of these important events which may incur a fee to my account or my child dropped from lessons. (Please add email@example.com to your address book and 'like' us on https://www.facebook.com/AcademySwimClub/ to receive updates.)
12. I give consent for Academy Swim Club to use any photos taken of my child in the pool area for marketing and/or advertising purposes. If I do not want my child's image used, I will indicate so and date it on the Special Needs portion of my registration form.
13. If my child is under 3 years old, s/he will wear 2 non-disposable, reusable swim diapers whenever entering the pool.
14. If I am enrolled in Semi-Private lessons, my child and the child of my semi-private partner are a team. We are considered one unit for the duration of the swim lessons. Both swimmers must be perpetually enrolled (monthly automated billing,) communicate with each other, and be in agreement to any changes because changes you make will have an effect on your partner, ei instructor, day, time, etc. Each partner must give 30 days notice of termination to allow the partner to find other arrangements, like switching to private or group lessons, or finding another partner. Any lessons attended with no partner will result in private lesson fees billed, unless it is an absence, with the partner returning.
I have read the above policies and release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement, and I have received a copy of this statement.
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child's involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
My first payment includes the $45 annual registration/insurance fee (NOT REFUNDABLE,) per family, due again each year on your anniversary month.
Parent & Me Students Only: I understand that upon initial enrollment only, I am committing to a minimum of 16 lessons per student enrolled in Baby Classes.
Perpetual Enrollment Explanation: Since we are open year round, our classes have no start or end dates. When you sign up, you will stay in your class until you decide to move to another, or if you are in a group class, when your child has mastered the skills for the group. When you put your credit card on file for automatic billing each month, then you are also eligible for free makeups, with more detail under the makeups policy, below.
Enrollment payment may be made by Debit or Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard or Discover
Lesson Prices (Prices subject to change with notice):
Baby Swim: $20 per lesson in Newhall / $23 per lesson in Valencia
Group: $21 per lesson in Newhall / $26 per lesson in Valencia
Semi-Private: $28 per lesson in Newhall / $31 per lesson in Valencia / $35 per lesson for Premium Instructors
Private: $41 per lesson in Newhall / $45.50 per lesson in Valencia / $49.50 per lesson for Premium Instructors
*Prices above do not include any discounts that you may be eligible for.
I understand that when I am continuously enrolled my checking account/credit card will be charged for all scheduled lessons enrolled for the following month, (4 - 5 weeks per month) + $45 Annual Insurance fee per family, on your anniversary month. Auto-debit is run on the 15th of the month, for the following month. (A January 15th payment will cover February tuition).
If my card is rejected, I will be notified by email, and will have a 3 day grace period to update my account and pay the balance. After 3 days there is a $29 fee. If payment is not made in full within 10 days, students will be dropped from lessons. It is my responsibility to notify ASC of any changes or updates to my debit/credit card information. All returned checks will incur a $29 fee.
I have paid for the first month of lessons prorated. (If time of sign up is on or after the 15th of the month, then initial payment will be prorated at the current and next month.) Monthly fees are calculated at 4-5 weeks per month, with discounts given for multi-class and siblings. Upon notice of withdrawal, exact termination date will be confirmed.
When I choose to discontinue lessons, I will notify the Academy Swim Club through the form on their website Swim4Life.com, and retain a copy of my sent draft or auto response. If I give notification by the 14th of the month, my monthly fee for the following month (Jan for Feb lessons) will not be debited on the 15th. However, if I give notice on or after the 15th of the month, my monthly fee will have been already debited. There will be NO REFUNDS. If I need to discontinue lessons, effective immediately, any charged balances will be kept in my account at Academy Swim Club until I choose to resume lessons or use my credit for retail products, parties, or any other service. Parent & Me students only: Minimum 16 lessons must be completed to use credit towards services or products other than lessons. Challenges to credit cards or banks to refund charges will incur a $50 special handling fee.
If I wish to withdraw from lessons, temporarily, and for a minimum of 2 consecutive weeks, without losing my day and time, I will give 48 hour written notification on Swim Club forms and pay $7 for each lesson missed. I will email firstname.lastname@example.org, or retain a receipt of this notification.
Term Enrollment (Including Charter Students) Explanation: If you choose to pay for a group of lessons upfront with no credit card information on file, then there is a termination date in your lesson, leaving that lesson open for others to reserve and you may lose your day, time, and teacher. Term lessons also are eligible for makeups, but with a make up fee. More detail in the Make Up Policy below.
When my Premium Instructor has a sub, or I schedule a make up lesson, there will be no adjustments to my billing to reflect this. Academy Swim Club makes every effort to have Premium Instructors for this purpose, but their availability is greatly limited.
Charter School Students Only: I understand that should my Charter School fail to pay the balance due, for any reason, or payment is not made within 3 months, I will personally assume and pay the full balance within 3 months.
All Students: If my child's lesson day falls on a Holiday wherein the Swim Club is closed (except in Dec & Jan,) I will still be billed for this day, and I am to schedule a replacement lesson during that same week, if possible, so that my child's lessons and progress are not disrupted. If I am scheduled for more than one lesson per week, I may have these Holiday lessons credited to my ASC account, by giving notice by email to: email@example.com. Many holidays, we are open. Closed Holidays will be posted on our website Calendar.
I have read and accepted the class terms and conditions and understand that I will be held fully responsible for its terms and charges. I understand there are no refunds. Policies and prices are subject to change, with notice.
I am the cardholder or an authorized card user on the credit card I have entered. I authorize Academy Swim Club to charge the full amount owed on my account each month.
Continuous Enrollment Only: If I am continuously enrolled without a termination date, I am eligible for 1 FREE makeup lesson every calendar month when I give 24 hour notice emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org . With less than 24 hours notice, but before my lesson begins, I may schedule additional makeups for $10 each lesson ($7.50 for Semi-Private; $5 for groups.)
Termed Enrollment (Including Charter Students) Only: I may schedule make up lessons with a fee, ($10 for Private, $7.50 for Semi-Private, $5 for groups) only if I give notification before my lesson begins.
Each makeup lesson will not expire as long as I am currently enrolled. If I miss my last lesson, I will have 10 days to make it up. If no notice is given, or notice is given after my lesson begins, there are no makeup lessons. There are no make ups or rescheduling for make up lessons. Make ups are scheduled with available instructors, which may not be your normal instructor.
When my Premium Instructor has a sub, or I schedule a make up lesson, there will be no adjustments to my billing to reflect if there is a non premium teacher. Academy Swim Club makes every effort to have Premium Instructors for this purpose, but their availability is greatly limited.