1. Participants acknowledge that dance can involve known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or other injury to participants or damage to property, or injury to third parties. Participants understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
2. The risks include, among other things: collisions with dancers, personnel and other participants; supervised and unsupervised falls on the dance floors; improper landings when executing difficult dance movement, equipment malfunction or failure; any and all of which may result in minor strains and sprains, broken bones, catastrophic injury, paralysis and even death; as well as, other injuries, damages, and losses associated with participation in dance activity.
3. It is the participant's responsibility to inform Impulse Dance Center if the participant feels they are unable to safely attempt an activity or portion of any dance routine. Without this information dance instructors may give inadequate warnings or instruction. Please make sure to openly communicate with staff any possible risks that may occur while dancing.
4. Participants expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all risks existing in this activity. Our involvement in this activity is purely voluntary, and we elect to participate in spite of the risks involved. Additionally, we acknowledge an understanding of and agree to follow all rules and regulation established by Impulse.
5. Participants hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Impulse Dance Center from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with our participation in this activity or our use of Impulse Dance Center's facilities, including and such claims or actions which may allege negligent acts or omissions of Impulse, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf. We hereby give our consent to Impulse Dance Center to provide customary dance instruction training attentions, transportation, and emergency medical services reasonably warranted in the course of our participation.
6. In the event I file a lawsuit against Impulse Dance Center, I agree to do so solely in the state of Alabama, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state.
7. Should Impulse Dance Center or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, we agree to indemnify and hold Impulse Dance Center harmless for all such fees and costs.
8. We certify that we have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage we may cause or suffer while located and participating at Impulse Dance Center, or else we agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage ourselves. We further certify that we have no medical or physical condition that could interfere with our safety in this activity, or else we are willing to assume all risks and bear all costs of any resulting injury or damage directly or indirectly related to any such condition.
9. I hereby give consent for myself and/or child to be photographed or videotaped during class, rehearsal, or recital by Impulse Dance Center its employees and agents. This includes but is not limited to photographs, digital images, drawings, renderings, voices, sounds, video recordings, audio clips or accompanying written descriptions. I agree that Impulse Dance Center owns the images and all rights related to them. The images may be used in any manner or media without notifying me, such as websites, publications, promotions, broadcasts, advertisements, posters and social media.