1. Attendance at all team practices is mandatory. We will begin practice promptly at the start time. Do not be late.
2. Cheerleaders are expected to notify the coaches, personally, in advance of absences. The cheerleader should provide a note or email to the main account verifying the practice date(s) missed and the reasons for missing. This should be done 2 weeks in advance of the missed practice.
3. We realize that emergencies may arise that are more important: wedding, funeral, sudden death/family emergency, and illness. Again, we must be notified in advance through a written note or email if possible, so that we can make arrangements for those practices.
4. School events: cheerleaders are making a large commitment to members on this team. Each cheerleader holds a purpose and cannot easily be replaced at practice. If cheerleaders are never able to miss a school event/practice, then this will greatly interfere with their position/role on the team. Cheerleaders that are consistently at practice will get main roles in the routines. Cheerleaders that are consistently absent can and will be removed from the team.
5. Work, concerts, appointments, other social events, etc... are not excusable absences. These events should be scheduled around practice times.
6. If cheerleaders are sick from school, then we don't expect their attendance at practice, but we need a phone call to one of the coaches before practice and a written excuse. If cheerleaders are feeling only a "little under the weather," then they are encouraged to come and participate as much as possible.
7. Injuries are not excusable absences. Cheerleaders should attend practice to at least watch, and we need a doctor's note stating limitations and time frame. If we don't have a note, then the cheerleader will be expected to participate in the entire practice.
8. Cheerleaders who cannot attend practice for whatever reason are responsible for any information missed at the practice.
9. Cheerleaders must be dressed and ready to practice at the start time. They will not be permitted to wear sweat clothing, etc. Practice uniform must be worn.
1. Cheerleaders should be respectful of team members. They must leave any differences at the door. Members need to act as a team, cooperate, and tolerate every member for the best interest of the team. There is no "I" in TEAM, and we strongly follow this philosophy. We will NOT tolerate "catty" arguments, loud disputes, name calling, or other disruptive activities involving members of the team.
2. Cheerleaders need to demonstrate good sportsmanship to all teams in this program and teams that we compete against.
3. Cheerleaders should be respectful of the practice facility. You will pick up trash before leaving. You will not use the stereo, phone, or equipment without prior permission from the staff. Bathrooms should be kept sanitary.
4. Cheerleaders should be respectful of their coaches and staff of PA Starz and respect their professional decisions. Not everyone has to agree, nor will they, but disrespect will not be tolerated.
a. As coaches, we will be glad to talk on a personal level about any problems, but our decisions will be final. They are for the best interest of the entire team and program.
b. Any cheerleader leaving the facility out of anger/rage will be assumed to have forfeited his/her spot on the team and are not welcomed back that competitive season.
c. Any cheerleader quitting the team will not be permitted back indefinitely.
d. The coaches reserve the right to make any changes to members on teams at any time during the competition season.
5. Cheerleaders need to devote their complete attention to practice during each practice. Any outside distractions from viewing guests will not be tolerated. Communication with viewing guests is not necessary during the course of practice.
6. Cheerleaders need to demonstrate appropriate behavior that represents themselves, the team, and PA Starz. They should not be: smoking, drinking alcohol, abusing drugs, using inappropriate language, dressing explicitly or inappropriately, or displaying inappropriate behavior. Use and abuse of these unacceptable behaviors may result in immediate dismissal from the team.
7. Cheerleaders are expected to give 100% for the entire length of practice. They will be expected to perform what is asked of them unless we are given a medical excuse.
A. The Board has complete control over PA Starz, Inc. They will make any and all decisions (in conjunction with their staff members).
B. Parents are welcome to wait outside of the gym. All classes and practices are closed and therefore parents are not to have any involvement during these times. Furthermore, parents/guests are to keep doors to the gym closed at all times. Questions and/or concerns will be addressed after practice and on a need be basis.
1. Disturbances may result in removal from the gym.
2. Children attending practices must be under close supervision. Children not respecting the facility will be asked to leave.
C. Parents need to be respectful of other cheerleaders, teams, parents, and the staff of PA Starz
1. Any inappropriate gossip about members on the teams will not be tolerated in the facility or in association with PA Starz. After three occurrences, parents disregarding this rule will no longer be permitted on the property during practice hours.
2. Parents need to respect the professional decisions of the PA Starz staff. While they may not agree, the staff of PA Starz are highly qualified and knowledgeable in this field. Our decisions are final.
3. Parents may not ask questions pertaining to other members of PA Starz.
4. Parents are not to approach other parents, staff, and judges at any/all competitions, events, and practices.
5. Immediate concerns should be addressed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
D. Parents and guests need to be respectful of the facility.
1. Please keep the entry way clean. Dispose of trash in waste can. Be sure to take along any personal belongings.
2. PA Starz is a training facility for athletes. Smoking is a personal choice by family members/guests; however, it should be avoided on the grounds of PA Starz. If you choose to smoke, please do it elsewhere.
PA Starz, Inc. representatives, in an emergency, have my permission and consent, in the event I cannot readily be reached, to utilize at my expense, the most convenient emergency medical service or ambulance to transport my children to the nearest hospital.
In consideration of PA Starz, Inc. allowing this individual to participate in sports activity, class, competition, team (herein referred to as the "Activity"), I, and if I am not yet 18 years old my parents or legal guardians, agree to be bound as follows (the term "I" in this release refers to both the cheerleader and his or her parents or legal guardians.
I authorize PA Starz, Inc. to provide to the participant through medical personnel of its choice, customary medical assistance, transportation or services as a result of injury or damage related to participation in the Activity. If the cheerleader is a minor and a parent or guardian is not present, efforts will be made to contact a parent or guardian that are reasonable under the circumstances, but treatment will not be withheld if a parent of guardian cannot be reached. The parents or guardian's phone number is listed above on this registration form.