A one-time registration fee of $25 per student, maximum $40 per family, is due upon registration.
Private lessons follow a 34-week academic year. Annual tuition is paid in 10 equal installments on the 15th of the month, August through May (not including the summer sessions).
Tuition rates vary depending on teacher and length of lesson.
Private lessons can be
30-min: recommended for beginners and young students
45-min: recommended for advancing students and adults
1-hour: for advanced students, by teacher recommendation
Tuition payments are processed by MCMC on the 15th of each month via your preferred debit or credit card. Annual tuition may also be paid in full if you prefer.
Private lesson tuition may be prorated for any start date throughout the year. The current tuition due upon enrollment will be calculated according to the number of weeks remaining for the year.
Group class tuition is due in full upon registration and is non-refundable once the session begins. Sessions are generally 10-weeks in length, with classes meeting once a week. Tuition may be prorated for students joining mid-session.
Any changes to your credit card or debit card must be received by the 10th of the month to ensure timely processing. If your credit card is declined, the issue must be resolved and payment received by the end of the current month to continue in the program. A $25 charge will be assessed for each declined payment.
Regular attendance is important to productive music learning at MCMC.
Private lessons missed due to teacher absence are rescheduled at the earliest date possible. If the instructor is not able to make up the missed lesson by the end of the term, MCMC may offer a lesson with a substitute teacher, or if you prefer, a credit to the student's account of 80% of the lesson rate. The remaining 20% is withheld to cover administrative expenses.
Private Lessons Missed Due To Student Absence:
MCMC offers one make-up lesson per year to students who notify MCMC at least 24 hours in advance of an absence. Make-up lessons can be scheduled at a mutually agreed upon time during the term, or at the end of the school year in the make-up period. As a courtesy to instructors, students are asked to notify the school or their instructor directly if they expect to be absent.
Private Lessons - We strongly encourage students to enroll in lessons for the full year and beyond! Music learning is a long term endeavor that evolves over time. If lessons must be discontinued, a withdrawal form (which can be accessed on the "MCMC Policies and Info" page of our website - www.mcmcvt.org) must be completed two weeks prior to the effective date. Verbal notification or not attending a class does not constitute a withdrawal. A withdrawal fee, equal to one additional tuition installment, is assessed when a student withdraws from private lessons.
Group Classes - No tuition refunds are given for class withdrawals after the start of the session.
School Closings Policy:
When there is a school closing due to weather, MCMC follows Middlebury public school closings. MCMC students (and/or parents) will be notified of MCMC school closings on:
Homepage of the MCMC website
MCMC Facebook Page
An email will be sent to all currently enrolled students through our mailing list. To ensure you receive these notices please make sure not to unsubscribe from our school mailings.
Missed lessons and classes will be scheduled to the greatest extent possible.