1. Enrollment is understood to be for the entire school year, August 6, 2018-May 16, 2019.
2. Tuition is due the first day of each month and must be kept current. By signing this agreement, the undersigned agrees to be personally responsible for all tuition payments required by this agreement. Tuition is considered delinquent if tuition fees are not paid by the 15th of each month, after which a $15.00 late fee is added to amount due, and at the discretion of Van Metre School of Dance (hereinafter "the school"), a student may not be allowed to continue attending classes until delinquent tuition fees and late fees are paid in full. There will be a $30 fee for all returned checks.
3. Tuition paid to the school is nonrefundable. Tuition credits will be considered only in cases of prolonged absence due to serious injury or illness substantiated by medical documents. No refunds will be given for withdrawal from classes.
4. No refunds will be made for missed classes. The school will make every effort to allow the student to make up missed classes but cannot guarantee this privilege. Missed classes may only be made up by actively enrolled students within the terms of this agreement and only in cases of illness or prior approval. Classes missed due to illness of the teacher, inclement weather conditions, or unforeseen emergencies will be made up on a scheduled date announced by the instructor. Classes missed due to student's other activities will not be eligible for a make-up class.
5. To withdraw from classes a written notice must be received by the school before the first day of the month of withdrawal. If written notice is not received, responsible party is obligated to pay monthly tuition.
6. All students must provide a nonrefundable $30.00 registration fee with this completed registration form and enrollment agreement when registering for classes for the school year.
7. If a class does not meet minimum number of students for enrollment, this agreement is considered null and void.
8. Students must abide by the studio rules. Failure to do so may result in dismissal for cause.
9. Classes are nontransferable and may be taken only by previously named students.
10. A nonrefundable costume deposit of $45.00 for each enrolled discipline is due with October's tuition. Remaining balance of $40.00 is due with January's tuition payment.
11. The scheduled closings for 2018-2019 include: Labor Day- September 3; Fall Break- September 29-October 6; Thanksgiving- November 21-24; Winter Break- December 19 - January 6; Spring Break- March 9-16. Recital will be in May 2019 at a date TBA. Classes are held on school-in-service days and holidays not listed here. We follow Maryville City Schools for inclement weather closings. Those days are made up with scheduled makeup classes.
12. Van Metre School of Dance and The Appalachian Ballet Company shall have the right to use the name, photograph, videotape or other likeness of the student and to exhibit the same through any medium whatsoever during the term of the agreement or at any time in the future for advertising, promotional, or commercial purposes. All such reproductions shall be the exclusive property of Van Metre School of Dance and The Appalachian Ballet Company.
13. As additional consideration for the student's instruction, the undersigned hereby releases Van Metre School of Dance and The Appalachian Ballet Company from liability for any injuries to the person or property of the student or any family member or guest which may occur while participating in the activities of the school and/or The Appalachian Ballet Company. The undersigned agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Van Metre School of Dance and/or The Appalachian Ballet Company in the event any claims are asserted against the Van Metre School of Dance and/or The Appalachian Ballet Company arising from the student's participation in the activities of the school and/or The Appalachian Ballet Company.
14. Van Metre School of Dance and the Appalachian Ballet Company may from time to time send you information about upcoming events via the email address you provided on the registration form. This is Van Metre's main form of communication with parents and students. There is an opt out option for the Appalachian Ballet Company updates that may be sent to you.
15. The laws of the state of Tennessee shall govern all terms and provisions of this agreement.