In consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Vitalidad Movement Arts Center' Dance class(es) made available through Vitalidad Movement Arts Center, herein referred to as "VMAC," I agree as follows:
1. I understand and acknowledge that participation in Dance class(es) at VMAC may be dangerous and may involve risks which include, but are not limited to, bodily injury, partial or total disability, paralysis and death. I also understand and acknowledge that the social and economic losses or damages which can result from those risks and dangers can be severe and that not all such risks and dangers may be known or reasonably foreseeable at this time. I accept the responsibility for losses or damages resulting from all such risks and dangers involved in participation in Dance class(es) at VMAC.
2. I agree to take appropriate precautions for my own safety and that of others when participating in the program and further agree that, before participating I will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used and will, if I believe anything is unsafe, immediately advise a staff member at VMAC of that unsafe condition(s) and will refuse to participate.
3. I hereby release, waive and discharge VMAC, its director, instructors and employees from all liability to me and to my conservators, guardians or other legal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of any injury, death or damage to property, arising out of my participation in Dance class(es whether on VMAC premises or elsewhere, including transportation of myself and/or my child to and from those venues.
4. If competing or performing in an offsite event or venue, I assume responsibility for transportation of myself and/or my child(ren) to and from these events or venues.
5. I also hereby agree to indemnify and to hold harmless from any claim or demand on account of injury or damage which I may suffer as a result of participation in Dance class(es) VMAC and all other persons mentioned in Paragraph 3.
6. I understand that this release, waiver and agreement to indemnify and hold harmless includes, but is not limited to, damages which are caused, or alleged to caused, in whole or in part by the negligence of VMAC and the individuals listed in Paragraph 3.
I have read the above agreement of release and waiver of liability and understand that by signing it I have given up substantial rights. I sign this agreement voluntarily.
I am the parent or legal guardian of the participant listed in my accounts registration, who is either myself or is under the age of 18 years, and who wishes to participate in Vitalidad Movement Arts Center' Dance class(es). In consideration of Vitalidad Movement Arts Center' allowing myself or my child to participate in Dance class(es) I hereby agree to indemnify Vitalidad Movement Arts Center and all other persons described in Paragraph 3 above, and to hold each and all of them harmless from any claim or demand on account of injury to or damage suffered by my child as a result of participation in Dance class(es) whether on Vitalidad Movement Arts Center premises or elsewhere.
I acknowledge it is my responsibility to deliver my child(ren) to the program and to pick up my child(ren) promptly upon the scheduled conclusion of Dance class(es). If competing or performing in an offsite event or venue, I assume responsibility for transportation of myself and/or my child(ren) to and from those events and/or venues.
This agreement includes, but is not limited to, claims or demands on account of injury or damage caused or allegedly caused by the negligence of Vitalidad Movement Arts Center or any of the individuals listed in Paragraph 3. By clicking "I agree" I understand that this represents my electronic signature on this date.
Registration is based on first come, first served. Payment is REQUIRED before deadline. There is a non-refundable $25 registration fee per student due at the time of registration. When registering online, your personal information will be confidential and every effort has been made to ensure your financial information will be secure. Once you have entered your credit/debit card number you will not be charged until we have approved your registration. From then on, your card will be automatically charged per session or per year depending on what frequency or term you chose. We do not accept checks or cash.
Everyone is required to follow VMAC's studio etiquette. There is no running, climbing or general horse play allowed in the studio. Children may not be left unattended anywhere in the building. Students may not enter the dance rooms without a teacher. Those who cannot abide by these rules will be asked to leave.
All students are expected to follow Vitalidad Movement Arts Center' dress code (Please see Class Attire). A student that is not appropriately dressed for class will be asked to observe for that day.
All students are expected to arrive on time for class in the proper attire and their hair up in the appropriate style. If the student is too young to handle this on his or her own, we ask that the parent help with this responsibility. If a student is ill, he or she is expected to stay home. If a student is injured and would like to observe class, then he or she may do so. Please let us know as soon as possible if you cannot make it to class. If a student is absent there will be no adjustment of tuition.
Parents must be ready to pick up their children as soon as possible after class has adjourned. $1.00/minute will be charged for late pick ups. VMAC staff is not liable or responsible for watching your children. Please do not leave a sibling in the waiting room while the other sibling dances unless you plan to stay and observe as well. CHILDREN MAY NOT BE LEFT UNATTENDED ANYWHERE WITH IN VITALIDAD MOVEMENT ARTS CENTER.
Coming to class on time is important so as not to disrupt the lesson. In addition, a student who misses the warm-up may become injured. Students who arrive late may be asked to observe class that day. If your child is late to class, please wait in the observation room until the teacher has asked the child to enter class. This is to keep the other students from being distracted.
Holiday Closures and Inclement Weather
Please call or check our website if you are unsure if VMAC is closed.
For Fall/Winter/Spring terms, you may choose to pay per month or per year. The monthly rate is the same regardless of the number of weeks in a month. When paying for the entire school year, you'll receive a discount.
Monthly tuition will be charged to your credit or debit card on file the 1st or the 2nd of each month.
Late fees: A charge of $5 per week will be added to all late payments.
Refunds and/or credits are not given for missed classes due to illness, conflicting schedules or unwillingness to participate.
Please inform the office, not the teacher, of any classes dropped or added. Those paying per month must submit a "DROP/CHANGE/ADD" form by the 15th of the previous month. Those paying per year must submit a "DROP/CHANGE/ADD" on September 5th. If you do not fill out the "DROP/CHANGE/ADD" form by the due dates listed above, your account will be billed and your credit/debit card will be charged for the next month or trimester and refunds and/or credits will not be issued. There are no refunds for the registration fee. In addition, after a costume has been ordered and paid for you will not receive a refund.
SUMMER: No Refunds.
Inappropriate and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Students, who cannot display appropriate classroom behavior, will be asked to observe class that day. Cell phones must be turned off before entering the classroom.
Parents with students who require assistance in the bathroom are REQUIRED to stay at VMAC in the lobby during their child's entire class. Parents are the only ones permitted to take their child into the bathroom. Staff and other parents may not take a student to the bathroom. To prevent disruption, please have your child use the bathroom BEFORE class.
All students must be potty trained by the first day of school. Please provide your child with an extra set of clothing in case of accidents.
Dance, theatre and music lessons, like sports activities, require practice outside of the classroom. It is very important that students take their lesson seriously and come to their next lesson prepared. This will help the student grow and keep the class progressing.
Lost and Found
Please remember to check the Lost and Found box frequently. We donate items from the lost and found box to goodwill at the end of each week. Vitalidad Movement Arts Center is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. Please leave all valuables at home.