NEW MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS AND FEES
Select one of the following Membership Options and let us know after you have registered. At renewal, a different payment schedule may be selected. Students may practice any number of classes within the schedule.
Monthly - Regular price
Semi-Annual - $5 Monthly Discount
Annually - $10 Monthly Discount
RATES, PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
MEMBERSHIP PERIOD AND RENEWALS
The Membership Period is defined as 1 month, 6 months (semi-annually) or 1 year according to the selected membership. 6 Month and Annual Memberships are entitled to a discount according to the Fee Schedule and rates are protected for the duration of the membership period. Payments are made at the beginning of the Membership Period. The first month of enrollment will be prorated such that subsequent payments are due on the first day of the month. Payment for subsequent periods will extend your membership and implies your continued consent to the terms of this agreement. Discontinuation of payment will result in cancellation of Membership. Membership fees are non-refundable. However, this does not limit your rights described in the
section: BUYER'S RIGHT TO CANCEL.
FAMILY ADD-ON MEMBERSHIPS
Members with Family Add-on Memberships are entitled to a discount according to the Fee Schedule. Discounted rates are applicable so long as one family member is registered at the regular rate. The higher rate will apply to the regular Membership and the equal or lesser rate will apply to the Family Add-on Membership. If the regular membership is cancelled, the Add-On rate is adjusted to regular membership rates.
Membership Rates are subject to change. Rate changes will be communicated in writing at least 45 days prior to implementation. The rate change becomes effective upon the member renewal date (next payment period) following the 45 day notification.
TEMPORARY EMERGENCY ABSENCE AND RE-ENROLLMENT
Discontinued memberships because of emergencies may be reinstated within a period of 1 year from the original
membership without paying the full enrollment fee. A re-enrollment fee applies.
A Regular Class Schedule will be posted. Shinsei Martial Arts reserves the right to make temporary and permanent modifications to the schedule for any reason.
BUYER'S RIGHT TO CANCEL
If you wish to cancel this contract, you may cancel by mailing a written notice by certified or registered mail to the address specified below. The notice must say that you do not wish to be bound by this contract and must be delivered or mailed before midnight of the third business day after you sign this contract. After you cancel, the health club may request the return of all contracts, membership cards and other documents of evidence of membership. The notice must be delivered or mailed to: Shinsei Martial Arts & Fitness Center Corp, 409 Anastasia Blvd St Augustine, FL 32080. You may also cancel this contract if you relocate your residence further than twenty-five miles from any Shinsei Martial Arts facility operated by the seller. This contract may also be cancelled if you die, or if Shinsei Martial Arts ceases operation at the location where you entered into this contract. If you become disabled, you shall have the option of (1) being relieved of liability for payment on that portion of the contract term for which you are disabled or (2) extending the duration of the original contract at no cost to you for a period equal to the duration of the disability. You must prove such disability by a doctor's certificate, which certificate shall be enclosed with the written notice of disability sent to the health club. The health club may require that you be examined by another physician agreeable to you and the health club at its expense. If you cancel, the health club may keep or collect an amount equal to the fair market value of the services or use of facilities you have already received.
SHINSEI MARTIAL ARTS & FITNESS CENTER
Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
(Read Carefully Before Signing)
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Martial Arts Program (to include Karate, Judo, Kick-Boxing, Self-Defense, Tai-Chi, Hip-Hop or Zumba) indicated below and/or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (here in defined as any area where in admittance to the general public is prohibited), the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the minor participant named below agree:
1. The parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating in the below martial arts activity or event, he or she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he or she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the officials of such condition and refuse to participate. I understand and agree that, if at any time, I feel anything to be UNSAFE; I will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area and REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE further.
2. I/We fully understand and acknowledge that:
a. There are risks and dangers associated with participation in martial arts events and activities which could result in bodily injury partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death.
b. The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be severe.
c. These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, the Releasee named below.
d. There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3. I/WE accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasee named below.
4. I/We HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the martial arts facility used by the participant, including it owners, managers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the martial arts event or program, premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the martial arts facility or events held at such facility and each of them, their directors, officers, agents, employees, all for the purpose herein referred to as "Releasee"...From all liability to the undersigned, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next to kin For any and all claims, demands, losses or damages and any claims or demands therefore on account of any injury, including but not limited to the death of the participant or damage to property, arising out of or relating to the events(s) caused alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise.
5. I/We HEREBY acknowledge that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of THE UNDERSIGNED also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
6. EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
7. On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned partners(s) and/or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant executes this Waiver and Release. If, despite the release, the participant makes a claim against any of the Releasees, the parents(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse the Releasee for any money which they have paid to the participant, or on his behalf , and hold them harmless.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WTHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
Martial Arts School __Shinsei Martial Arts & Fitness Center _____________________
Student Signature _____________________________________________________
Parent or Guardian Signature (if minor) ____________________________________
Printed Name of Participant _______________________________________________
Shinsei Martial Arts & Fitness
Transportation Permission Form
Date of Birth: ______________________________________ Event/Local Parks, Field trips specified.
I give permission for my child/charge ("child") to be transported in a motor vehicle driven by the Shinsei Martial Arts staff qualified drivers to local parks within the St. Augustine Area. This activity may or may not take place primarily on Shinsei Martial Art Camp days, Spring Breaks, Summer camps and Winter camps as well as any tournaments specified.
Dates will vary based on time of year and weather on the days camps are held.
I understand that my child is expected to follow all applicable laws regarding riding in a motor vehicle and is expected to follow the directions provided by the driver and/or other adult volunteers. I have read, understand, and discussed with my child that:
• They will be traveling in a motor vehicle driven by an adult and they are to wear their safety-belt and or appropriate car seating while traveling;
• They are expected to respect each other, the vehicles they ride in, and the people they travel with during the trip;
• Riding in a motor vehicle may result in personal injuries or death from wrecks, collisions or acts by riders, other drivers, or objects; and
• They are to remain in their seats and not be disruptive to the driver of the vehicle.
I recognize that by participating in this activity, as with any activity involving motor vehicle transportation, my child may risk personal injury or permanent loss. I hereby attest and verify that I have been advised of the potential risks, that I have full knowledge of the risks involved in this activity, and that I assume any expenses that may be incurred in the event of an accident, illness, or other incapacity, regardless of whether I have authorized such expenses. As a condition for the transportation received, I, for myself, my child, my executors and assigns, further agree to release and forever discharge Shinsei Martial Arts & Fitness Center, its elected governing Board and their agents, officers, employees and volunteers from any claim that I might have myself or that I could bring on my child's behalf with regard to any damages, demands or actions whatsoever, including those based on negligence, in any manner arising out of this transportation. I have read this entire waiver and permission form, fully understand it, and agree to be legally bound by its terms.
A written waiver of this policy may be issued by an administrator upon advance written request of a participant's parent or guardian and provided the parent or guardian appears and accepts physical custody of the student participant or names a designee of the transportation waiver form. In no case shall a waiver be issued unless the parent/guardian (or the parent's designee over 21 years of age) provides the alternate means of transportation. Oral requests shall not be honored. Oral permissions shall not be valid. Any student participant found to be in violation of this policy shall be subject to discipline in accordance with the school district's discipline policies, rules and regulations as provided herein. Parents may fill out the waiver requesting permission to self-transport students. This form may be filled out for the season in advance, but must be time/date stamped or received before 3.00 pm on the day of the event. The Shinsei staff must verify the request approval with the administration before a student may be transported to a function, event, competition or practice aside from Shinsei provided transportation.
Parent/Guardian Name (please print): _____________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature: ________________________________________ Date: ________