CHEER TEAMS COMMITMENTS (pending pandemic requirements)
Academy of Cheer Excellence retains the right to:
1. Place its athletes on the team(s) it feels will best suit the athletes and the program.
2. Decide if an athlete may participate on more than one team.
3. Decide the roles and/or positions an athlete will have/play on their team(s). (E.g. base, flyer, back spot, tumbler, dancer, alternate, etc.).
4. Request that an athlete/team take additional classes or camps to improve their skills.
5. Request that an athlete/team practice longer than their regularly scheduled time or add additional practices, camps, or competitions if deemed necessary.
6. Move, replace, add, suspend, or even dismiss an athlete for a period of time or indefinitely from a team or the entire program based on criteria including but not limited to: attendance, conduct, skills, finances, parent conflicts, etc.
CROSSOVERS/ PRIVATES/ INDYS
1. Be in good financial standing.
2. Be willing and able to fulfill all the responsibilities required by each team.
3. Be responsible for any additional entry fees they incur beyond their first team.
4. Indy's must have the skills needed to perform . All Indy's will have to tryout to compete in this category.
All athletes must:
1. Make Academy of Cheer Excellence a priority over any other extracurricular activities.
2. Attend and be prepared to participate in all Academy of Cheer Excellence activities including those unexpectedly added throughout the season regardless of illness or injury unless otherwise recommended by a doctor through valid written documentation.
3. Notify Academy of Cheer Excellence immediately when an injury occurs so changes to routine choreography can be made prior to practice.
4. Arrive at least 10 minutes early to all Academy of Cheer Excellence activities.
5. Schedule all vacations so as not to interfere with any Academy of Cheer Excellence activities.
6. Notify Academy of Cheer Excellence in writing immediately of all expected tardiness or absences (use Absent Request Form provided).
7. Notify Academy of Cheer Excellence by phone or private message immediately of any unexpected tardiness or absences.
8. Fill out a substitution form and provide a comparable substitution for all absences.
9. Missed Practice Fee $45 will be applied to your Athletes account if absence was not approved.
When training, competing, or representing Academy, all athletes must:
1. Maintain a well-groomed appearance and good personal hygiene.
2. Wear their designated attire, socks, and sneakers.
3. Keep hair out of the face (if possible in a high ponytail) and wear a bow at all times unless otherwise instructed.
4. Keep nails shorter than fingertips.
5. Remove all jewelry (except approved medical ID tags).
6. Wear closed-toe shoes (sandals, flip flops, and other open-toed shoes are not allowed).
7. Immediately repurchase all lost or noticeably damaged articles and wear a matching substitute until the item is replaced.
COMPETITION DRESS CODE
1. Be dressed as specified below by each team's scheduled meeting time unless otherwise instructed by their coach.
2. Remove all rollers and have hair and makeup completed as per coach's request by each team's scheduled meeting time.
3. Wear a cover up (i.e. tank top) at all times unless heading to/from or at a team warm-up, performance, or awards.
4. Remove all jewelry (except approved medical ID tags) and colored nail polish.
5. Remove and put away all non-uniform items such as sunglasses, cell phones, headphones, and iPods.
6. Put on and supply braces or tape needed to perform prior to going to the warm-up area.
7. Be in full competition uniform and may not wear backpacks, warm-ups, or any other items during any award ceremonies.
All athletes AND parents must always:
1. Set a positive example for others to follow.
2. Be respectful and courteous to everyone.
3. Schedule an appointment to speak with a coach or staff member to discuss any issues that may arise.
4. Refrain from gossiping (including social media) or any form of verbal or physical confrontation.
5. Refrain from celebrating the misfortune or defeat of another person, team, or program.
6. Accept team placements and awards with dignity and class.
7. It is encouraged that we watch each others' teams perform, but please refrain from peer pressuring each other into compliance. It is not necessary and sometimes there is more to the story than we realize.
TRAVEL / COMPETITIONS
All athletes and their families must:
1. Read all emails concerning competition dates, venues, and itineraries. (Information will be released as soon as we have it available.)
2. Have all travel arrangements booked by the travel block blackout dates.
3. Arrive to competition by the designated time and will check-in with the coaches/staff/gym owners accordingly.
4. Not use competitions as family vacations, adhere to the designated schedules, and abide by all rules set forth by Academy of Cheer Excellence.
All athletes and parents understand that:
1. They assume full responsibility for all costs incurred as a member of Academy of Cheer Excellence including but not limited to: gym registration, monthly tuition, apparel costs, competition and travel expenses, or any other item(s), or services purchased or rendered and the payment in full of those items regardless of any circumstances that may arise such as dismissal from the team, or disbandment of the team.
2. Monthly payments will be made via post dated cheque on the 1st of every month.
3. Monthly payment for normal tuition rate is due from May through May of the participating season.
4. Tuition does not fluctuate based on the number or duration of practices in any month.
5. Tuition pays for training. It does not pay for the right to perform.
6. Vacations or time off will not be prorated. Please make note that all Academy of Cheer Excellence holidays have already been prorated into the monthly fee.
7. All payment due dates must be met.
8. A $45.00 late fee will be assessed in the event that a payment is past due.
9. Any payment attempts resulting in a NSF (non-sufficient funds), declined credit card, expired credit card, returned cheque, electronic debits, etc. will incur a $45.00 service charge. It is your responsibility to update your information with us if your information changes (E.g. bank account number, card number, exp. date, etc). Returned cheques and late payments are subject to a $45 service fee. If fees are not paid within 1 month of the due date, your child will be choreographed out of the of the routine and your commitment cheque will be cashed for quitting without sufficient notice.
If your family is experiencing a temporary hardship, please make arrangements to come speak to the owners or staff. It is our goal to keep kids in cheer and keep cheer affordable.
10. An athlete's account must be current and in good standing to participate in practices, competitions, or special events.
11. A cheque will be submitted in the event that you disavow your commitment to the team and quit mid-season. This cheque will not be cashed unless you are 30 days over due on your account or break your commitment , otherwise it will be shredded at the end of the season.
Please note: All holidays and breaks (summer, winter, spring) have been factored into the monthly tuition price. Please do not consider holidays and breaks as "missed classes" and request compensation. Use breaks to schedule your vacations, heal, and replenish energy stores.
Every family has access to view their account online at any time. Just go to www.cheerthis.ca and create a login/password through our PARENT PORTAL. You can look at your statement and balance at any time through the portal, as well as register for camps and classes.
(not including tumble and parkour)
1. Acceptable methods of payment are VISA, MasterCard, or E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Cheques are made payable to Academy of Cheer Excellence, Inc.(when allowed again)
3. There will be a $45 NSF fee for returned cheque and Declined Credit Cards, due immediately.
4. All athletes must pay an annual Cheer Canada and BC Cheerleading Assoc/Academy of Cheer Excellence Registration Fee/Membership fee. This non-refundable annual fee is valid Sept-August and cannot be pro-rated.
5. Classes will run pending sufficient registration. If cancellation is required, you will be notified by Academy of Cheer and tuition fees will be fully refunded .
6. We reserve the right to cancel or decline a registration at any time.
7. Tuition and related fees are due upon registration and then by the first of every month.
8. Refunds are available to families as long as the services paid for have not yet been provided and following the minimum notice requirements as per #15 in this section.
9. All requests for refunds must be made in writing to email@example.com These will be processed on a case by case basis , As Our Policy is No refunds on Tuition, Uniform, Competition Fees, Music Fees , Guest Coach Fees, Insurance Fees , Clothing , Bows , Shoes and Accessories.
10. Classes missed due for any reason will not be pro-rated. This includes Holidays ,Weather Closures and Unforeseen Circumstances that requires a Gym Closure.
11. All fees and fundraising credits not eligible for refund, transfer, hold or extension. No exceptions.
12. Special pricing & promotions, including but not limited to punch cards, Academy Star passes, holiday passes, clinics & guest coaches are not eligible for refund, transfer, hold or extension. No exceptions.
13. All sales are final on Academy of Cheer Uniforms, Clothing, Shoes and Bows,Accessories and No refunds are given on these items.
14. There are No Refunds on funds paid to Academy of Cheer that have been used to pay for athlete travel, accommodation and/or Competitions.
15. Because of the nature of the sport of cheer, to ensure teams / children do not suffer as a result, anyone wishing to withdraw their child from any program at Academy of Cheer Excellence must give ONE month written notice. For All star Cheer teams, TWO full Calendar months notice is required. Withdrawal notices are only accepted as of the FIRST of the month. (All Star Cheer has a Withdrawal fee of $200 , even if notice is given)
16. If Payment is not received by 5th of each month , Credit card on file will be charged the full balance owing.
17. I agree to pay the Annual Insurance fee : Parkour $50 per family and Cheer : $110 per Family - Due at the time of Registration
18. LATE FEE OF $45 Applies to all accounts not paid by the 1st of the Month. Competition Late Fee($250- $350) , will be divided by the overdue accounts that is late paying for that Competition.
19. Accounts 60 Days overdue will be charged a 15% INTEREST FEE.
20. If accounts are not paid in a timely manner , Athlete will be removed from program ( until account is paid in full) , and account will be sent to a Collection Agency .
In regards to my child(ren) participating in the Mission Academy of Cheer Excellence (Academy) program(s), I waive any and all claims I may have against and release all liability and agree not to sue Academy, Jaimee Greene, Donna Kane, Academy employees, agents or volunteers for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained as a result of my child's participation in the program, arising out of any cause whatsoever. I am aware of the usual risks and dangers inherent in participation in all of the activities associated with the Academy Program and the possibility of injury, death, property damage or loss resulting from the activities.
It is my responsibility to ensure that my child is wearing suitable clothing during participation in all activities associated with the program: team t-shirts, shorts and cheer shoes for practices and uniform and other items deemed necessary by the coaches. This includes braces and/or athletic equipment that an athlete may be required to wear in order to participate.
My child and I have read and understand the Academy rules & regulations that apply at all times and are in place as safety protection measures. I understand that I must report any and all injuries to my Coach(es) no matter how insignificant they may appear and/or whether or not they were a result of participation with Academy.
Accidents can be a result of the nature of the activity and can occur with or without any fault on either part of the athlete or Academy, its employees, agents, volunteers or the facility where the activity is taking place. By allowing my daughter/son to participate, I am accepting the risk of an accident occurring and agree that the activities carried out in the course of a cheerleading club are suitable for my child.
Academy Rules & Regulations:
1. Athletes must come prepared for class and arrive on time.
2. Athletes are asked to wait for their class to commence before entering the training area.
3. No use of equipment is permitted unless under the supervision of their coach.
4. No food or beverages are to be consumed on the gym floor or training area. This includes chewing gum, candy and water. These items are restricted to the viewing area.
5. No outside shoes can be worn on trampolines or the fast track and no athlete is permitted on bars, vaults or beams.
6. No parents or siblings are allowed on the gym floor or training area without the coach's permission.
7. All injuries must be reported to your Coach immediately no matter how insignificant the injury seems and/or whether or not it is cheer-related.
8. Athletes must wear appropriate clothing to the gym and hair must be tied back and away from the eyes. Once athletes receive team shorts and t-shirts, they will be worn at all practices to ensure uniformity.
9. Absolutely NO jewelry may be worn to practices. Please do not bring these items to the gym.
10. Athletes' names and/or pictures may be featured on our Academy Website. By signing this policy form, you give permission for Academy to use their picture and/or likeness and/or name on public documents like newsletters and websites.
In signing this Consent and Waiver, I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by Academy, its servants, agents, employees or authorized volunteers to induce me to permit my child to take part, other than set out in the Consent and Waiver. I am 19 years of age or older and have read and understood the terms of this Consent and Waiver and understand that it is binding upon me, my heirs, executors and administrators.