2017-2018 School Policy
• First 30-min lesson or group class is free (i.e. Piano Forever, Seeds of Harmony).
• One-time $40 registration fee per student. Multi-family discount applies.
• Private Lessons: $31/30 min, $41/45 min, $61/60 min.
• Sara's rates: $36/30 min, $46, $66/60 min.
• Seeds of Harmony: $21/50 min.
• Piano Forever: $26/50 min.
• UpStartRock: $25/70 min, $30/120 min. Private lessons required, no free trial.
• Joint Lessons: Regular rate +$12 for each additional student.
Make Up Policy: Read this.
• Less than 24 hours notice: regular charges apply, no make ups. Give more than 24!
• Planned absences: First, try to reschedule with your teacher or switch w/ someone.
Otherwise use up to three credits per year.
• Teacher cancellations: Substitute KTL teacher, otherwise a make up with your teacher.
We do our best to minimize teacher absences.
• 3-month discount package: buy 12, pay for 11. Supersedes multi-family discount.
• Multi-family discount: 2 enrolled=5% off monthly, 3=8%, 4=10%.
• Referral: $10 off invoice for referring family who enrolls for minimum of one month.
• KTL offers on-going enrollment.
• KTL generally follows the Beaverton/PPS school calendar. Not closed for inservice days.
• KTL is closed for Memorial Day, Labor Day, MLK day, winter and spring break.
• Seasonal mini-recitals, east and west side; Biannual formal recitals in DEC & JUNE.
• Weekly attendance during the school year. Perform at biannual formal recitals.
• Practice a minimum of 3-5 days/week. Ideally 7 days.
• Summer is a la carte: it's based on teacher/student vacation schedule.
• Communicate with the KTL Director and your teacher for support with practicing.
Keys to Life Music School requests permission to photograph your child and use the photos. The photographs taken will be used for promoting Keys to Life Music School, through, but not limited to: brochures, "keystolifemusic.com" website, as well as other websites promoting our camp, promotional videos, as well as media tools such as newspapers and television. The photographs may also be used on t-shirts, posters, and other materials relating to the school. The photography will be used in a tasteful, professional, and respectful manner.
***If you don't want your child's photo used please check this box anyhow and then submit in writing (via email to Sara, firstname.lastname@example.org) the request to not have your child's photo used. We'll honor this agreement and keep your child's photos out of all KTL use. If you're comfortable having your child in the group photos (which are mainly used in social media) let us know about that. If you aren't comfortable with them being in the group photo at recitals make sure they don't join the group for the photo. Thank you for your help with this.***
By checking the box below you are agreeing to the following:
*I hereby grant permission to Keys to Life Music School to use photographs taken at any Keys to Life Music School event to be used in Keys to Life Music School publications, including websites, or other electronic forms or media and offer the photographs for use or distribution to other media forms, without notifying me.
*I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the photographs, publications, or electronic matter that may be used in conjunction now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown, and I waive any rights to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the photographs.
*I hereby agree to release and hold harmless Keys to Life Music School, via electronic or media, from and against any claims, damages, or liability arising from or related to the use of the photographs, including, but not limited to any re-use, distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form, either intentionally or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in production of the finished product. It is the discretion of Keys to Life Music School to decide whether to use the image.
*I, as the parent or legal guardian of the below named child, have read this release before signing below, and I fully understand the contents, meaning, and impact of this release. I understand that I am free to address any specific questions regarding this release by submitting those questions in writing prior to signing, and I agree that my failure to do so will be interpreted as a free and knowledgeable acceptance of the terms of this release.
*Yes, I give permission for Keys to Life Music School to photograph my child