In consideration for receiving permission to be on premises at Texas Academy of Dance Arts (hereinafter the "Activity or Activities"), I, on behalf of myself and any minor child/children for whom I have the capacity to contract, hereby acknowledge and agree to the following: 1. I understand the hazards of the novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") and agree to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC") guidelines regarding COVID-19, as well as the safety protocol required for participation in the Activity. I acknowledge and understand that that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day to day and that, accordingly, the CDC guidelines are regularly modified and updated and I accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates. 2. Notwithstanding the risks associated with COVID-19, which I readily acknowledge, I hereby willingly choose to participate in Activities. 3. I acknowledge and fully assume the risk of illness or death related to COVID-19 arising from my being on the premises and participating in the Activities and hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue (on behalf of myself and any minor children form whom I have the capacity contract) Texas Academy of Dance Arts, LLC., their owners, officers, directors, agents, employees and assigns (the "RELEASEES") from any liability related to COVID-19 which might occur as a result my being on the premises and participating in the Activities. 4. I shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the RELEASEES from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, losses or expenses of any nature whatsoever (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees, costs and disbursements, whether of in-house or outside counsel and whether or not an action is brought, on appeal or otherwise), arising from or out of, or relating to, directly or indirectly, the infection of COVID-19 or any other illness or injury. 5. It is my express intent that this Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind any assigns and representatives, and shall be deemed as a release, waiver, discharge, and covenant not to sue the above-named RELEASEES. This Agreement and the provisions contained herein shall be construed, interpreted and controlled according to the laws of the State of Texas. I hereby knowingly and voluntarily waive any right to a jury trial of any dispute arising in connection with this agreement. I acknowledge that this waiver was expressly negotiated and is a material inducement of the permission granted by releasees to be on premises and participate in the Activities. In signing this agreement, I acknowledge and represent that I have read the foregoing Wavier of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Agreement for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.
In witness whereof, I have signed this Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk:
By agreeing below, you indicate that you understand and agree to TADA's Tuition/Payment Policies:
Bank draft required for payment; if bank draft is rejected, payment will be processed via the credit card on file with an additional 4%. Cash/checks also acceptable. All payments are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Discounted registration fee for monthly tuition payment by bankdraft: $50 first student, and $25 each additional; $100 maximum family. Registration fee for monthly tuition payment by credit card: $80 first student, and $30 each additional; $150 maximum family *excludes Pro.
Tuition is divided into 10 equal installments over one school year, August thru May, due on the 1st of each month based on a min of 31 active weeks classes will be in session due to holidays, breaks, inclement weather, and other interruptions. Tuition does not vary or pro-rate even in the event of absences, holidays, days in the month, etc. and TADA follows the CISD calendar for closures with some exceptions. Payments made AFTER the 3rd will incur a late fee of $15, and a $35 fee will be applied to all returned checks. Students will be dropped from a class or recital costume withheld for accounts unpaid more than 21 days after due date. Parents and/or responsible parties must familiarize themselves with fees and financial info BEFORE registering, particularly recital and costume fees, refund policy, and more so there are no surprises.
By agreeing below, you indicate that you understand and agree to TADA's Class Policies:
TADA reserves the right to cancel a class or change the time/day due to an enrollment of less than 5 students.
TADA observes the CISD calendar for holidays and school closures due to weather.
- Missed classes can be made up with permission from the office within two weeks of the missed class. There are no refunds for missed classes.
- Age requirements for each class are as of September 1; we do this to keep things fair and to keep uniformity across age/maturity/ability levels. Similar to most schools, we make no exceptions.
- Classes with an asterisk * on the schedule do NOT participate in the recital. Classes that do participate require a costume fee and the recital fee.
- Students will be accepted into a class at the teacher's discretion or evaluation based on capability, technical level, attention span, and other factors.
- Students must adhere to dress code requirements, and be properly dressed and ready by the start of class.
- Parents may not leave young children age 6 and under unattended at the studio, and must be present particularly during classes in case of any problems, for restroom use, etc.
- ONLY WATER is allowed in the restrooms and in the dance rooms.
- Make up classes are readily available for missed classes. We suggest that students arrange for a make-up class if more than 15 minutes late to receive full benefit from your class.
- Parents must be sure their child has used the restroom BEFORE class begins.
- During class if a student complains of being ill, or sustains an injury and cannot participate, the instructor or office will notify parents immediately.
- TADA reserves the right to drop students from classes or to ask them to leave a class for disruptive behavior, bullying, excessive tardiness and/or absences, or any other harmful conduct, as this negatively affects the quality of dance education for all students in the classroom.
This agreement does NOT apply to students ages 6 and under, students taking a combination class (such as ballet/tap), adults, or those enrolling in fitness classes such as yoga/zumba/etc or other electives, however everyone registering must still click "I agree".
By agreeing below, you indicate that you understand and agree to the following Age 7 and up Placement Procedure:
TADA is a training facility dedicated to placing dancers in the correct level of class according to ability. Please register your child for appropriate classes to the best of your knowledge, and then your child will be assessed for placement if he/she is age 7 and up, and enrolling in a ballet, jazz, or tap class. Your child can be assessed in either of the following ways: They may schedule a private assessment for a fee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information OR they may simply be assessed during the first week of classes in September. Assessment MAY result in a student moving up or down a level in order to serve him/her best. If you are not sure what level of classes to register your dancer for, please email or call us with your student's background experience, and we can offer a good guess as to what classes will best suit your child.
By agreeing below, you as the legal parent or guardian release and hold harmless TADA owners, staff, faculty and associates from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned during membership and/or association with TADA, including classes, master classes, special events, and transportation to/from such occasions. You also understand that TADA is not responsible for any theft, loss, or damage of personal items.
By agreeing below, you indicate that you understand and agree to the following:
- TADA may take photos, videos, or likenesses of yourself and/or your child as needed for advertising, promotion, social media, or any other professional use at TADA's discretion, and that you have no rights to the same and will not be compensated for the same.
- All parents and students must follow studio policies listed on the website with regard to dress code, behavior, damage to the facility, cleanliness, and so on.
-Late pick up fee is $1/minute if a child is not picked up within 5 minutes after class.
-The lost and found box will be emptied at the end of every month, and its contents donated to a local church. The studio is not responsible for items that are lost, stolen, or damaged.
-Lockers are available for rental for those who would like to store personal items at the studio.
-The following are strictly prohibited from the studio and its property: smoking, drugs or illegal substances, weapons, and any other item deemed harmful to the safety and well-being of the families and students.