- Temp at or above 101 degrees (orally or axillary), Temp at or above 100 degrees with one other positive symptom or if less than six months of age.
- Fever has been absent for 24 hours without medication
* Diarrhea and Vomiting
- 2 or more incidents within a 2 hour period
- 24 hours after last incident of diarrhea or vomiting
* Rash, Ringworm
- Rash of unknown origin, not believed to be from a medication. Ringworm flat, spreading ring-shaped lesion.
Rash has been identified by a physician as not a contagious rash, or is under treatment and no longer contagious. (NEED A NOTE FROM DR. TO RETURN.)
* Strep Throat
- Sore or reddened throat with fever; complaint of headache, loss of appetite, swollen lymph nodes in the neck, nausea
- 48 hours after Dr. visit and treatment begins. (NEED DR. NOTE TO RETURN)
* Inability to participate
Child complains of not feeling well or is unable to participate in daily activities.
- Child is able to participate in center activities and free of other symptoms.
* Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease
- Child has completed the contagious stage of the illness. (NEED NOTE FROM DR TO RETURN)
If any of the above symptoms are noted at drop off, parent/guardian will be instructed to take
their child home. Some symptoms will require the child to see a health provider to gain clearance for return.
These symptoms which require clearance are noted above. If a child becomes ill while at daycare, he/she will be
isolated from the group and closely monitored until a parent or a person authorized for pick-up arrives (within
an hour of being called).