RELEASE OF LIABILITY - READ BEFORE SIGNING
FOR PARTICIPANT/PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE
(UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF REGISTRATION)
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the WEST SWIM CLUB INC.,
learn-to-swim program, its related events and activities, I, the Participant/parent/guardian of the Participant(s), acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the
potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, equipment, and personal
discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown,
EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume
full responsibility for my participation; and
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation.
If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will
remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of WEST Swim Club Inc.
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin,
HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE WEST SWIM
CLUB INC., their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring
agencies, sponsors, advertisers, volunteers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises
used for the activity ("Releasees"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY,
DISABILITY, DEATH or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM
THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by
5. As the undersigned Participant/parent/guardian of the Participant(s), I authorize any representative of
WEST Swim Club, Inc. to secure for the Participant(s) and the undersigned parent/guardian,
any treatment deemed reasonable and necessary for myself and my minor child/ward's immediate
care in any medical emergency during his or her participation in WEST Swim Club, Inc.
sponsored activities by any licensed hospital, physician and/or other medical personnel. Further,
I, the Participant/the parent/guardian of the Participant(s), agrees to be responsible for payment of any and all
expenses associated with such treatment; and,
6. I have noted any medical/health problems of which the staff should be aware in the Participant's
medical conditions in Step One of the registration process; and,
7. I hereby grant WEST Swim Club, Inc. the right to us my or my child's name , image, likeness,
photograph, and/or voice in all forms and media for any material in connection with lawfully
promoting or publicizing WEST Swim Club, Inc..
This is to certify that I, as the participant/parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and
agree to my/his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and
next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless WEST Swim Club, Inc. (The
"Releasees") from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child's involvement or participation in these
programs as provided above. I hereby and agree to, and do, assume the full risk of any injuries, including
death, and of any property loss and of all expenses, costs, damages and losses that I, or my minor child/
ward on whose behalf I am signing, may sustain as a result of participating in any and all activities
connected with or associated with the WEST Swim Club, Inc.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT,
FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL
WEST Swim Club reserves the right to change these general rules and policies from time to time
by posting updated policies on our website, www.westswim.com and westsuperiortraining.com. You acknowledge and agree that it
is your responsibility to review the website and the policies periodically to learn of any modifications.
Your continued enrollment in the program after the posting of any modifications shall constitute your
agreement to be bound by such modified policies.
• Make-up lessons are granted based on our sole discretion. We are under no obligation to accept
• All scheduled make-ups are final.
• If we must cancel your child's lesson (due to teacher illness, facility repairs, etc.) we will notify
you as soon as reasonable possible. Lessons will not be cancelled due to weather unless a weather
emergency is declared by the town of Westmont, Illinois.
• If a teacher is ill/away, we reserve the right to use a substitute teacher for the lesson.
• We do not refund payments.
• Make-up lessons or missed classes have no cash value.
Guidelines for Students & Parents:
• Please make sure your child is dressed and ready for lessons 10 minutes before class begins.
• A Parent or a caretaker must check in each child and is responsible for the safety of each child
unless that child is in the water with their designated instructor.
• Let students from previous classes get out of the pool before getting in the water. Your child
should NEVER the pool until your teacher is in the water and ready for the next class.
• No running, no fighting, no shouting, and no horseplay while lessons are in progress.
• If you child has a fever or contagious disease, please be considerate of other children by keeping
your child home from lessons.
• Please make sure your child uses the appropriate dressing rooms.
• Please make certain your child has removed all bandages prior to class. If your child has an open
cut or other wound, he/she may not be admitted to class.
• While we welcome parental involvement, we've found that mid-lesson comments are usually
counterproductive. Please email/phone the office for an update on students' progress.
• We reserve the right to expel any student/parent who doesn't comply with these policies.
• We reserve the right to consolidate or cancel classes due to low class participation.