Moving in the Spirit is a creative youth development program that uses the discipline of dance to instill within Atlanta's youth the skills they need to thrive.
I give my child permission to participate in Moving in the Spirit programs. I commit to make every effort to get my dancer to classes and related activities on time and prepared, as well as pick him or her up on time.
I acknowledge that Moving in the Spirit fosters the values of responsibility, respect and dedication, and I will partner with the organization to uphold these values. I realize that if my child chooses to act in a manner that is inappropriate and disruptive, he/she will be asked to leave the class and will not be able to re-enter the class without a successful conference with my child, the Moving in the Spirit teacher and myself.
Moving in the Spirit strives is to provide a safe and supportive environment that is conducive to learning and developing positive coping skills. Therefore, aggressive behavior towards another person (e.g., pushing, hitting, kicking, spitting or fighting) that is meant to cause a negative response or start a physical altercation will not be tolerated. By exhibiting aggressive behavior, the participant is making a decision to no longer participate in Moving in the Spirit programming.
POLICIES FOR SCHOOL YEAR PARTICIPANTS:
EARLY DROP-OFF/LATE PICK-UP POLICY: I acknowledge that each registered student will receive a schedule of classes. Parents may drop their child off no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of their child's scheduled class, rehearsal or performance. Parents are expected to pick-up their child no later than 15 minutes after the scheduled class, rehearsal or performance ends.
If this becomes a frequent issue, Moving in the Spirit reserves the right to assess a late-pick-up fee of $10 per incident, no exceptions (see summer camp section) and/or remove the family from the program.
The sign-in sheet indicates the dancer's name and the time the parent arrived/departed. The parent must sign in and out on the sign-in sheet when their dancer is dropped off/picked up for class. The Administrative Assistant or on-duty staff informs administration when dancers are dropped off too early or picked up late.
HOLIDAY STORE AND PERFORMANCES: I understand that all students in Moving in the Spirit programs will participate in the annual Holiday Store in December and the Year-end performance in May. The exceptions are the Baby Steps and Movement Lab students who have a separate year-end demonstration at a venue to be determined.
All other students will have their year-end performance at the Rialto Center for the Arts at Georgia State. ALL students participating in year-end performances are required to attend additional mandatory rehearsals outside of their normal class schedules.
FIELD TRIPS AND TRANSPORTATION: I give my child permission to participate in any off-site field trips, including performances that are part of Moving in the Spirit programming. If my child chooses to act in a manner that is inappropriate and disruptive, I will come and pick him/her up at the off-site venue at my own expense. I give Moving in the Spirit permission to provide transportation to my child when it is available for a field trip.
EVALUATION: I understand that Moving in the Spirit utilizes various assessment tools and surveys as part of its program evaluation process. The assessments include, but are not limited to: the Piers-Harris-2 Children's Self-Concept Scale and the Developmental Assets Profile. My child's information is confidential and will remain anonymous. I give consent for my child to participate in the program evaluation process.
EXCESSIVE TARDINESS AND ABSENTISM: I understand that if my child is going to miss three or more consecutive classes, I must notify Moving in the Spirit's Administrative Assistant of the intended absences. Failure to do so will results in my child being dropped from the class.
POLICIES FOR SUMMER CAMP PARTICIPANTS
Standard Daily Drop-off time is between 8:45 AM - 9:00 AM
Standard Daily Pick-up time: 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM
NEW! EARLY DROP-OFF/LATE PICK-UP: I understand that Moving in the Spirit offers early drop-off and late pick-up programs for an additional fee. Unless I have enrolled my child in one of these two options, my account is subject to the late-pick-up policy outlined below.
Early Drop-Off Option: 7:30 AM- 8:45 AM
Enrollment fee: $50 per two week session
Late Pick-up Option: 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Enrollment fee: $50 per two week session
Early Drop-Off/Late Pick-up Combination (times listed above)
Enrollment fee: $75 per two week session
LATE PICK-UP POLICY: If I choose not to enroll my child in the early drop-off/late pick-up program, I understand that I will be charged a $10 late fee per incident, no exceptions. I will need to pay the fee by the last day of camp in order for my child to participate in the end of camp performance. If I am unable to pick up my child on time, I will make arrangements with the Summer Camp Director, understanding that I will incur the applicable fee.
OBSERVATION: I understand that I cannot observe camp sessions. There will be a performance on the last Friday of my child's camp session at 6:00 PM. If visits to camp sessions are necessary, I understand that I must schedule a visit through the Camp Director.
FIELD TRIPS: I give my child permission to participate in any off-site field trips. I realize that if my child chooses to act in a manner that is inappropriate and disruptive off-site, it is my responsibility to pick him/her up at the off-site location.
MISSED SUMMER CAMP SESSIONS: I understand that if my child is going to miss 3 or more consecutive days, I must notify Moving in the Spirit's Summer Camp Director in advance. Failure to do so will result in my child being unenrolled or unable to perform. Camp tuition is non-refundable once camp begins.
I acknowledge the following policies regarding my child's annual registration, enrollment, and tuition:
Registration and Admission
To be accepted for enrollment for the 2019-20 year, a non-refundable registration fee of $25 (unless otherwise noted) per family.
Moving in the Spirit expects enrollment to be completely full again for 2019-20. Registering online does not guarantee enrollment. A completed application and non-refundable $25 fee are both required before a child is officially registered.
Families will be notified by email and/or phone within 5 business days when applying whether their enrollment is officially confirmed.
Once confirmed, tuition must be paid accordingly to the tuition schedule on the parent portal.
School Year Tuition
Tuition fees are billed on the first day of each month and due on the 10th of each month thereafter. You also have the option to pay your full annual tuition up front, if you desire. Tuition payments can be made via the customer portal, mail-in check, or by bringing in your check during your student's class time and placed in the designated box labeled "Tuition Payments" at the check-in table. Please be sure to note your student's first and last name when sending a check so that we can apply it to your account correctly.
Parents wishing to withdraw a child from Moving in the Spirit must provide written notice 30 days prior and pay the full tuition for the month of the withdrawal (not applicable to families that only enroll in summer sessions). Without 30 days written notice, parents are obligated to pay the full month, and in addition, the following month as well.
Moving in the Spirit does not give refunds or credits for absences due to illness, vacation or any other reason. In the event that Moving in the Spirit cancels a scheduled class for any reason, i.e. school closings, weather, etc., Moving in the Spirit will make every attempt to reschedule the canceled class. Tuition for the canceled class will not be refunded.
Tuition is as follows on a monthly basis:
Baby Steps: $50
Mini Steps: $50
Girls in Motion: $50
Boys in Motion: $50
Movement Lab: Pre-teen Ballet & Jazz: $45
Movement Lab: Pre-teen W. African and Hip-Hop: $45
Movement Lab: Teen "The World of Dance": $45
Apprentice Corporation: $105 (by placement assessment, for ages 13-18 years old)
I understand that if my child is participating in the Apprentice Corporation, that includes dance classes, family time, group mentoring, field trips, and performances. I understand that my child will be involved with Moving in the Spirit for a ten-month period from September-June.
Men in Motion: $65 (by placement assessment, for ages 10-13 years old)
GLOW in Motion: $75 (by placement assessment, for ages 9-12 years old)
I understand that if my child is participating in the GLOW in Motion or Men in Motion program, that includes dance classes, family time, group mentoring, field trips, and performances. I understand that my child will be involved with Moving in the Spirit for a nine-month period from September-May.
Summer Camp Tuition
I understand that tuition is due before the first day of camp unless otherwise notified. The total tuition is based on a two week fee for the total amount of instruction provided, not the number of days per week.
If tuition is not paid by the first day of camp, I accept that my child's registration is incomplete, and my child will be placed on a waiting list until registration is completed.
Wait-listed students are placed on a first-registered, first-served basis.
The deadline for a tuition refund minus the non-refundable processing fee is seven days prior to the start of camp. Six days or less prior to the start of camp tuition is non-refundable.
If I seek financial aid, I understand I must apply every year. I understand if I previously received assistance, it does not roll over into a new program year. Need-based financial aid is limited and will be awarded on a first registered, first served basis for qualified students.
I acknowledge that I must pay the full registration fee and complete registration in order to be considered for financial aid.
Families who receive financial aid are not eligible for all program discounts, including but not limited to the 'sibling discount".
Please contact the Administrative Assistant, Jelani Anderson at (470) 747-3005 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information regarding your interest in applying for need-based financial aid.
If a balance carries over two months, a student is in danger of being dropped from the program. We review balances on a case-by-case basis.
If payment is past due, I understand my responsibility is to communicate to the Administrative Assistant. If no plans have been discussed and an account remains delinquent.
***** PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY.
IT IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS ******
1. Student's Participation. I hereby consent to my child participating as a student in the Moving in the Spirit program and its related activities.
2. Hold Harmless. In consideration of Student participating in the Moving in the Spirit program, I hereby agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless, to the fullest extent permissible under the law, Moving in the Spirit, Inc. and its members, officers, directors, employees, contractors, volunteers, representatives, successors and assigns (the "Indemnified Parties") from and against any and all actions, claims or losses, whether known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated ("Claims"), that might arise out of or in connection with the services provided or performed by any of such parties in connection with the Moving in the Spirit program, whether such Claims are based on negligence, strict liability, breach of warranty, contract or otherwise. In addition, I fully, completely, and unconditionally waive and release each of the Indemnified Parties from all rights, liabilities, duties, claims, charges, demands, actions, damages, costs, attorney fees, or expenses of any kind that I may have now or in the future against any of them relating to Student's participation as a student in the Moving in the Spirit program. The foregoing indemnifications, waivers and releases shall not apply to any Claims arising out of the sole negligence of any of the Indemnified Parties.
3. Following Program Rules. Student shall abide by the instructions, policies and regulations of Moving in the Spirit, Inc., as the same may be provided or related to Student or to me from time to time. I understand that any violation of such instructions, policies and regulations will result in suspension and/or termination of Student's participation in the program.
4. Photo / Video Release. I hereby grant to Moving in the Spirit, Inc. the right and permission, in respect of any photographs, video and/or audio recording which any of the Indemnified Parties take or have taken of Student, or in which Student may be included with others, to copyright the same in the name of Moving in the Spirit, Inc. or otherwise; to use, reuse, publish and re-publish the same in whole or in part, in conjunction with any printed matter in any and all media now or hereafter known, and for any purpose whatsoever, for illustration, promotion, art, advertising and trade, or any other purpose; and to use Student's name and any statement made by Student, in connection therewith if Moving in the Spirit, Inc. so chooses.
5. Privacy and Confidentiality. I understand that Student will be expected to keep any private and confidential information pertaining to Moving in the Spirit, Inc. and its other students, volunteers and staff private and confidential. I understand that Student's failure or inability to abide by such confidentiality requirements will result in suspension and/or termination of Student's participation in the program
6. Transportation of Student. I acknowledge that Student will be transported by volunteers and other representatives of Moving in the Spirit, Inc. while participating in the Moving in the Spirit program. I consent to such transportation and agree that such transportation is voluntary and at Student's and my own risk.
7. Emergency Medical Care. In the event of a medical emergency, I authorize Moving in the Spirit, Inc., and its adult agents, employees and representatives into whose care Student has been entrusted to consent on my behalf to any medical treatment and hospital care to be rendered to Student in order to ensure Student's safety and well-being.
8. Contact with Student / Access to Information. I hereby give permission for any staff member or representative of Moving in the Spirit, Inc. to visit Student at her school and elsewhere outside my presence, for the purpose of furthering the goals of the Moving in the Spirit program. I hereby authorize Moving in the Spirit, Inc. to obtain any needed information regarding Student, including academic, behavioral and medical records, from school and medical personnel and to have a conversation regarding the same with teachers, counselors, other school administrative staff, doctors, nurses and medical facility administrative staff.
9. Severability. In the event that any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remainder of this agreement shall be unaffected and shall remain valid and enforceable to the full extent permissible under law.
10. Governing Law. This agreement and any disputes arising under or in connection with it or the services provided by me or any of the Indemnified Parties shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia. I hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of the State of Georgia for the settlement of any and all such disputes.
I certify that I am the parent or legal guardian of Student, or that I otherwise have the legal authority to represent Student and act on Student's behalf. I have read and understood this agreement. I hereby consent to and ratify this agreement and agree, on behalf of myself, Student, and each of our respective personal representatives, heirs and next of kin, to be bound by its terms.
I have reviewed the program calendar and understand when Moving in the Spirit is in session.
Summer Camp 2019 July 22-August 2 (M-F)
Practice Audition Wednesday, July 31
Open House Saturday, August 24
AC Auditions Saturday, August 24
GLOW Auditions Saturday, August 24
Audition Results Wednesday, August 28
Financial Aid Notification Friday, August 30
Youth Ambassadors Rehearsal Sunday, September 8
Classes begin Monday, September 9
AC Family Meeting Monday, September 9
GLOW Family Meeting Tuesday, September 10
Family Meetings September 17-21 (Tu-Sa)
No Classes October 12-14 (Sa-M)
Youth Ambassadors Rehearsal October 13
AC Intensive October 14
Youth Ambassadors announced October 21
Last day of registration Thursday, October 31
Break- no classes November 25-30 (M-Sa)
Youth Ambassadors Rehearsal December 8
Last day of classes Thursday, December 12
Holiday Store December 14-15 (Sa-Su)
Classes resume Sunday, January 6
Youth Ambassadors Rehearsal Saturday, January 12
MLK Jr. Holiday Sunday, January 20
Enrollment closes Monday, January 21
Family Meetings January 27- February 1 (M-Sa)
Youth Ambassadors Rehearsal February 9
Break- no classes February 15-17 (Sa-M)
Men in Motion Intensive Saturday, February 15
AC Intensive February 17
GLOW Intensive February 18
GLOW Intensive February 20
Youth Ambassadors Rehearsal March 15
GLOW and MIM Show March 21 and 22 (Sa and Su)
Family Meetings March 23-28 (M-Sa)
Break- no classes April 6-11 (M-Sa)
AC Intensive April 6-10 (M-F)
Youth Ambassadors Rehearsal Sunday, April 12
Baby Steps Performances Thursday, April 25
Class showings April 27-May 2 (M-Sa)
Dress Rehearsal for Performance Companies Monday, May 4
Dress Rehearsal for Performance Companies Tuesday, May 5
Dress Rehearsal ALL STUDENTS at Rialto Wednesday, May 6, 2020
May Show Performance at Rialto Thursday, May 7 2020
No classes May 9-11
Class Parties- Last day of classes May 12-16
Youth Ambassadors Rehearsal May 17
AC Summer Intensive May 18-June 5 (M-F)
AC Summer Tour June 8-18
AC at 7 Stages June 22-24
AC Community Show at 7 Stages June 25
AC Homecoming Show at 7 Stages June 26