(A) Mile High Dance Center requires pre-payment of tuition for all services rendered (see the tuition schedule for details on pricing). Tuition is due by or on the FIRST of each month. MHDC requires that you have a current credit card on file for all payments. This credit card will be charged for all studio related items including tuition and your balance will be automatically charged on the first of each month. If you would like to pay with another form of payment, you may do so BEFORE the first of the month. Other acceptable forms (besides credit card) are cash or check. Tuition is based on a 40-week calendar, and each month is the same tuition rate whether there are 2-3 weeks in that month or 5 weeks in the month. Tuition is payable through 10 monthly tuition payments to begin on June 1st through March 1st. MHDC does not send statements or invoices for tuition unless your payment is past-due. Tuition is not prorated for missed classes or snow days. Make-up classes are allowed and can be scheduled through the front desk.
(B) Registration Fee: By registering for service, you will be charged a non-refundable $30/family annual registration fee at the time of your registration. This fee covers administrative and facility costs for the year. This fee will be automatically charged to your card on file on the anniversary of your registration.
(C) Late Fee: After the 10th of the month, your account will be considered in default, and a late fee of $25 will be assessed to your account. Both your tuition and the $25 late fee will be charged to your card on file.
(D) Returned checks are charged $25 per item. After two offenses, the client will not be able to make payments via check and will be required to make payments on the card on file.
(E) Credit Card Declines: if your on-file credit card declines, you will receive an email to resolve the payment situation. After a second offense, you will be responsible for an administrative late fee of $25 for the interruption. After three offenses, you will be required to place another credit card on file.
(F) Cancellation of services: To discontinue services, cancel classes and/or stop tuition charges must provide MHDC with a 30 day written notice via email or letter. If you do not receive confirmation of your request within 3 business days of said cancellation notice, please email the owner. Failure to attend class does not release you from your contractual agreement with MHDC. IF YOU FAIL TO FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TUITION, late fees and any and all outstanding balances until such notice is given as outlined above.
(G) Refunds/Exchanges: MHDC is unable to refund or credit tuition, costumes, registration fees, team fees, tickets, competition fees, or any other fees. Clients who wish to pay for an entire dance year (Tuition x 10 months = total) will be discounted 5% off their total payment, if received by the end of June. If the student then drops out at any time with the appropriate cancellation of service notice (see above), you will receive the difference minus the 5% discount and a $10 refund fee.
(H) Credit Card on File: MHDC requires a credit card on file to be used for auto payment if payment is not received on the date it is due.
(I) Payment Default: : MHDC never shares confidential or financial information with a child or student, or another client, unless written or verbal consent is given to us to do so. However, if a client is in default more than 30 days, MHDC has the right to withhold service, costumes or other product to the student. Remember, MHDC requires pre-payment for service, and after the 10th of the month an account is considered in default, and late fees are accrued.
(J) Collections: The client is responsible for all fees, tuition and MHDC administrative and attorney fees accumulated on behalf of MHDC to collect payment due. If no communication is made on the behalf of the client in default, the account will be turned over to collections and claims court.
Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
(Read Carefully Before Signing)
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Mile High Dance Center programs indicated below and/ or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (here in defined as any area where in admittance to the general public is prohibited), the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the minor participant named below agree:
1. The parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating in the below physical activity or event, he or she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he or she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the officials of such condition and refuse to participate. I understand and agreed that, if at any time, I feel anything to be UNSAFE, I will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area and REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE further.
2. I/WE fully understand and acknowledge that:
(a) There are risks and dangers associated with participation in dance and camp events and activities which could result in bodily injury partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death.
(b) The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be severe.
(c) These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, the Releasees named below.
(d) There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at his time.
3. I/WE accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees named below.
4. I/WE HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Mile High Dance Center or any of the facilities used by the participant, including its owners, managers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the Mile High Dance Center event or program, premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the Mile High Dance Center or any other facility or events held at such facility and each of them, their directors, officers, agents,
employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as "Releasee"...FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next to kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES AND ANY CLAIMS OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DEATH OF THE PARTICIPANT OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE EVENT(S) CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE.
5. I/WE HEREBY acknowledge that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of THE UNDERSIGNED also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
6. EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
7. On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned partner(s) and/or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant executes this Waiver and Release. If, despite this release, the participant makes a claim against any of the Releasees, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse the Releasee for any money which they have paid to the participant, or on his behalf, and hold them harmless.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
(A) MHDC communicates to students and parents on a regular basis via emails, website, in-studio bulletin boards, newsletters and handouts. The front desk is also available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 4pm-8pm, and on Saturdays from 9am-11am to answer all questions. All registered students will receive occasional handouts at the end of class to cover schedules, important dates, etc. The studio website posts important information concerning calendars, schedule, closures and holidays. Please check your emails regularly to be sure you are aware of all studio events and facts. Please address any questions, comments or concerns to studio owner, Lauren Giangregorio via email.
(B) Code of Conduct: MHDC views the parent-student-teacher relationship as a partnership with a common goal and mission. Together all parties must agree to follow a code of conduct:
Be respectful to all students, other clients, teachers and staff.
Follow our mission statement as a TEAM
Get involved and show your studio spirit
Keep communication positive
No Tolerance Policy - MHDC has a no tolerance policy in which the owner will call a parent or child into the studio if she hears any concerns of bullying, complaining, gossip or talking down of other student, other studios or each other. Parents and staff are responsible to report any concerns to the Studio Owner. MHDC's number one concern is safety and this extends to the safety of our students' relationship with their peers and teachers. Any parent or child that represents negative action, physical threat or harm, or unhealthy attitude in which the owner sees as harm to the studio's environment, reputation or emotional harm to other students and parents, will be dismissed from all studio activities and classes.
(C) Classroom Discipline Policy: I understand and agree that is my child is disruptive, disrespectful and/or causing harm to themselves or others, they will be released to either the parent or the front desk for the duration of that class. After two occurrences, it is my responsibility to schedule an appointment with the teacher and/or studio owner to resolve behavioral issues with a plan of action. If the behavior continues, the studio has the right to withdraw the student from class. The Director/Owner has the right to dismiss a student and/or parent from our program at any time., for any reason, in favor of keeping the program stress-free and a positive, safe environment for all students, parents and staff. MHDC's specific discipline code for each age group varies, but overall, MHDC operates first with a verbal warning, to the student, then second with a pause of reflection where the student may be seated for an age appropriate period of time, and then a third offense in class involves a discussion of the behavior between the teacher and parent. Rarely does MHDC have issues arise, and it is always best to be proactive and work together as parents & teachers.
Parent Release Form for Media Recording
I, the undersigned, do hereby grant permission to Mile High Dance Center to use the image of my child. Such use includes the display, distribution, publication, transmission, or otherwise use of photographs, images, and/or video taken of my child for use in materials that include, but may not be limited to, printed materials such as brochures and newsletters, videos, and digital images such as those on the Mile High Dance Center website.
Unrestricted usage: I give unrestricted permission for my child's image to be used in print, video, and digital media. I agree that these images may be used by Mile High Dance Center for a variety of purposes and that these images may be used without further notifying me. I do understand that the child's last name will not be used in conjunction with any video or digital images.