As the legal parent or guardian, I hereby give my approval for participation in such physical activities during the registered session. To the best of my knowledge the child mentioned has no health issues that would hinder their participation and I have made known any relevant medical information. I release and hold harmless Connectivity Dance Ltd. it's owners, administrators, instructors and volunteers from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of Connectivity Dance Ltd., it's owners, administrators, instructors and volunteers or in route to or from any of said premises.
The Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act requires that consent be obtained for collection and use of personal information. The use of information could be used for: registering students for classes, competitions, examinations, competition results (in all media formats), and club, provincial and national records. All information collected from or pertaining to students will be kept private and confidential, unless authorized in writing by the student or parents (guardians) themselves.
Activities covered under this consent include, but are not limited to:
1. Individual photos that are taken by the studio or this given authority by the studio
2. Photos or videos that are used in electronic or print media authorized by the studio.
3. Student name, gender and/or age and description of activities (i.e.: results) that are used in the newsletters and other communications in print form, electronic or otherwise within the studio.
4. Absolutely no outside photography or videography will be permitted in any studio, during photo day events, the In-Studio Competition, or Together We Dance Rehearsals or Recital, or any other event within a theatre or school without direct consent from the Director, Photographer and Videographer.
5. As this is a legally binding contract, any information and/or dealings on the account will only be disclosed with persons over the age of majority listed on this form or within the online account.
Please note that photos and/or video of activities that are open to the general public may be taken and used for purposes within and outside the community. Connectivity Dance Ltd. may not have the capacity to restrict such activity at public events.
By signing the Registration Agreement, the registrant (18 or over) or the parent or guardian agrees to pay the account fees for the full year or session.
The Member Registration fee is Non-Refundable upon signing this agreement.
A 10% or $100 deposit is due at time of registration to secure enrolment. An established payment plan of the balance is required prior to the participant's start of classes. Payment arrangements may be made with Connectivity administration.
Refunds are not offered on full-year, partial-year sessions, weekly sessions, workshops, intensives, camps, drop-ins or special promotions.
Consideration may be given to refunds on Full Year Registration (less the Member Registration fee) to anyone wishing to cancel their registration prior to the start of the season. Notice must be received in writing a minimum of one week before the start of the registered session. A withdraw fee of $50 will be imposed.
Performance fees, Festival fees, and Competitive fees are non-refundable once the season has commenced. Refunds on unused tuition will be approved within the first 4 weeks of the dance season. As of October 6, 2018, all fees for the season are considered final and due. No refunds will be given after this date.
Further consideration may be given for : Serious Injury, as a direct result of participating in weekly classes (this does not include independent rehearsal time). For refunds to be considered a Dr.'s note outlining the injury, severity and potential for return MUST be indicated. In such cases where a refund is granted, fees will be pro-rated 30 days from the date the Dr.'s note is received with confirmation of withdraw. All withdraws are subject to a $50 processing fee. The paid balance of the unused tuition fee, less all non-refundable fees and withdraw fees will be mailed to the account holder 30 days following the withdraw. Withdrawn accounts with balances owing must be paid in full within 30 days of receipt of final statement.
Tuition fees are based on a set number of classes and programming expenses from September to June and do not correspond to the number of weeks in any one month. For your convenience, tuition fees for full season registration may be divided into 6, 8 or 10 monthly instalments. Accounts only monthly instalment plans will receive monthly email reminders until the account balance is zero.
Unless otherwise arranged with the Director, accounts for the 2018/19 season must be paid in full by March 15, 2019. A Late Penalty of 10% per month on the balance owing will apply to past due accounts until the account is paid. Late payments will begin as of April 16, 2019. Please ensure a payment plan has been established with CDL Administration should you require an extension.
Payments are due by the 15th of each month. Cheques are deposited on the 1st and 15th of the month. If no payment is received by the 15th of the month accounts will be subject to a $10.00 late fee. Please ensure payments are arranged with CDL administration by September 15th, 2018.
Outstanding accounts are subject to suspension of classes, performances, festivals, competitions or events, until the outstanding amount is paid in full or arrangements have been honoured.
No refunds or rescheduled classes will be offered for student absences. Class absence is not an indication of withdraw, all fees are due upon registration regardless of attendance.
The studio reserves the right to cancel classes due to instructor illness and inclement weather. In such a case, efforts will be made to reschedule classes cancelled by the studio when possible.
There is a $35.00 service charge on NSF cheques and declined payments.
Accepted Methods of Payment:
• Cheque payable to Connectivity Dance Ltd.
• E-Transfer to email@example.com, please set password to oldest dancer's name
• Visa / MasterCard ~ 3.5% transaction fee applies to Credit Card payments
• CDL Full and Half year programs qualify for Jump Start, Creative Culture Connections and Kid Sport Funding
Connectivity Dance Ltd. communicates via email, Facebook, newsletter, memo, and our Studio Lobby Chalkboard. Please ensure firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org are added to your safe list. Email Opt-Outs are a default option in the JackRabbit system, however choosing to opt out of receiving emails will hinder the communication you receive, please Do Not choose the Email Opt-Out. All email communication is saved in your Parent Dance Portal for 80 days. If any issues with your personal email account arise, your parent portal serves as a back-up for important information. If changes to your contact information occur, or you feel you are not receiving email updates, please contact the studio or log-in to your Parent Portal to ensure all account information is accurate.
We prefer verbal communication over social media while addressing any concerns. Please communicate any concerns with the Owner in person or via email for resolution.
Connectivity Dance Ltd. aims to provide a safe and supportive environment for the dance, acro, and jump rope community. Our goal is for every student to enjoy their art and fulfill their own individual uniqueness and goals within a team atmosphere.
The following is a Code of Conduct for parents to abide by at all training sessions, competitions and club organized events.
1. I will encourage proper sportsmanship by promoting support for all dancers, athletes, coaches, instructors, members, volunteers, and officials at all practice sessions, recitals, competitions and events.
2. I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child over my own desires.
3. I will inform my child's coach/instructor of any physical/psychological event that may affect my child's learning, performance, or any other child/member.
4. I will teach my child that striving for and achieving one's personal best , and enjoying their art and sport is more important than winning.
5. I will never yell at or ridicule my child, or any other participant, for making a mistake or for placement in any competition or event.
6. I will remember that my child participates in CDL Activities for their own enjoyment and satisfaction, not mine.
7. I will respect the decisions of my child's instructors and coaches and refrain from instructing or coaching my child, or others, during practices, recitals, or competitions. I understand that doing so may conflict with the professional instructor's or professional coach's intentions or training plans and goal.
8. Verbal communication is appreciated and expected over social media while addressing concerns. Please communicate any concerns with the Owner to be resolved.
9. I will respect the time and schedules of all dancers, instructors, coaches, staff and volunteers. I will not drop my child, aged 12 years or younger, off more than 15 minutes ahead of scheduled classes or events. The studio will be open at 3:45pm on weekdays.
10. I acknowledge and will abide by the FOIP laws in consideration of taking photos of CDL members or posting such photos to social media. I am aware that photos are permissible only at public events, however, should they include CDL students other than my own I MUST have expressed permission from the parents to use the photo in any nature.
Code of Conduct Agreement
This agreement between Connectivity Dance Ltd. and each member, acknowledging that they have read and understood the Code of Conduct Policy of the Connectivity Dance Ltd. as detailed above.
I have received, read and understand the Connectivity Dance Ltd Code of Conduct.
I understand that the terms of this Agreement are in full effect for as long as I am a member of Connectivity Dance Ltd, and am representing the studio in any activity.
I accept the Connectivity Dance Ltd. Code of Conduct as binding, and will honour the terms of this agreement.
I accept that failing to follow the terms in the Code of Conduct may result in suspension from all performances and recitals, and may result in suspension of contract, with no reimbursement of fees.