Mankato Ballet Company strives to offer the highest level of dance instruction in a positive, respectful and caring environment. In order to develop and ensure this environment, we ask all of our students and our parents/caregivers/families to abide by the following rules and code of conduct. These guidelines are intended to provide all dance parents and students guidance in daily settings from the dressing room, the dance studio to one-on-one instruction.
Dancer's Code of Conduct
* Honesty and integrity are expected.
* Dancers must participate within Mankato Ballet Company rules and respect all the teachers/staff/volunteers and their decisions.
* Dancers must respect their fellow dancers.
* Dancers must not distract, bully or harass other dancers.
* Dancers must be polite and display good manners at all times.
* Dancers must refrain from cursing, using offensive racial or obscene speech, gestures or written materials.
* Dancers must refrain from talking back to adults or refusing to comply with reasonable requests.
* Dancers must refrain from physical, mental, emotional or cyber bullying other dancers, staff, or instructors. This includes social media postings referencing directly or indirectly to a student, staff, studio brand, and/or affiliations to the studio.
* Dancers and company members are the face of MBC and should conduct themselves in a manner that reflects positively on the organization.
* When representing Mankato Ballet Company, dancers must continue to follow Mankato Ballet Company's code of conduct as they are representatives of our organization.
Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct
* Honesty and integrity are expected.
* Parents are encouraged to support their child's/children's involvement and help them enjoy the art of dance.
* Parents must demonstrate respect for faculty and staff at all times.
* Parents must not raise issues of disagreement publicly.
* Parents will not engage in inappropriate conduct towards instructors, staff, other dancers and families.
* Parents must discourage challenging and inappropriate conduct towards instructors, staff, other dancers and families.
* Parents will refrain from physical, mental, emotional or cyber-bullying other dancers, staff, instructors or families. This includes social media postings referencing directly or indirectly to a student, staff, families, studio brand, and/or affiliations to the studio.
* Parents must remember that children participate in dance for their own enjoyment.
* Parents will teach their children respect for other students, teachers and adults and lead by example.
* Parents will encourage and guide their child to accept responsibility for his/her own performance and behavior.
On the occasion that repeated failure to comply with the Code of Conduct occurs, Mankato Ballet Company reserves the right, at its discretion, to dismiss or take disciplinary action on any students or parent/guardian/family member who breach Mankato Ballet Company's code of conduct.
1) I acknowledge that the activity of dance involves known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis or permanent disability, death and property damage. Risks include, but are not limited to, death, paralysis, broken bones, torn ligaments, bruises and other bodily injuries caused by contact with other participants, objects used during practice, the floor; medical conditions resulting from physical activity; and damaged clothing or other property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated, despite the use of safety, without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
2) I expressly accept and assume all of the risks inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the negligence of MBC. My participation or my child's participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate or allow my child to participate despite the risks. In addition, if at any time I believe that event conditions are unsafe or that I or my child am unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then I or my child will immediately discontinue participation.
3) I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge and agree to indemnify and hold harmless MBC from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in the activity or my use of their equipment or facilities, arising from negligence. This release does not apply to claims arising from intentional conduct. Should MBC or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
4) I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover and injury or damage I or my child may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that I or my child has no medical or physical condition which could interfere with our safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume and bear the costs of all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
5) In the event that I file a lawsuit on behalf of myself or my child, I agree to do so soley in the state where MBC's facility is located and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply.
6) I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
7) MBC reserves the right to drop students or families from enrollment for reasons to follow, but not limited to: disruptive behavior, non-payment of tuition, or extreme disregard for studio policies.
8) Non-Discrimination Policy Mankato Ballet Company admits students of any race, color, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs or any other programs.
As the legal parent or guardian, I release and hold harmless Mankato Ballet Company, its owners and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of the Mankato Ballet Company, its owners and operators or in route to or from any of said premises.