There are audition fees, performance fees, and costume fees associated with each performance.
I understand that all students except those in adult ballet, sweat, mommy and me, creative movement and the summer programs, are required to participate in an annual school recital in May. The annual recital fee is $95 per family. Costume fees are $70.00 per class.
1. My son/daughter must remain backstage as designated by teachers or staff, typically until intermission for those performing in the first act and for the entire show for those performing in the second act. No exceptions will be made to this policy.
2. I must purchase the costume/shoes/accessories selected by the instructor for each dance performed.
3. If you do not wish for your student to participate in the annual recital, you must notify our office in writing no later than October 31.
4. Recital admission is not free. I will receive two free tickets for each child attending the recital. Additional tickets are $10.00.
5. Videotaping and flash photography are prohibited during our recital. A professional videographer will tape our recital. Therefore, additional lights and flashes will take away from the taping and can potentially blind/distract the dancers and cause injuries.
6. My son/daughter must arrive a half hour before dress rehearsal and an hour before the annual recital.
7. Mandatory-students must attend their assigned dress rehearsal(s), in order to participate in the recital, no exceptions.
All recital fees are due in full by December 31.
In an effort to ensure that costumes are delivered in time for recital photographs and an organized distribution to our students, costume orders are placed in January. Costume manufacturers do not accept cancellations or offer refunds; therefore the school does not refund costume deposits.
Costumes will not be distributed until all outstanding balances year to date (including tuition) are paid IN-FULL.
As the legal parent or guardian, I release and hold harmless Montgomery Ballet, its board members, faculty and employees from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of Montgomery Ballet and its agents and employees or in route to or from any of said premises.
I understand that there are various forms of technology (Website, E-mail, Bulletin Board, Office Administrator, Phone, Facebook) used at Montgomery Ballet to aid in increased communication. I am aware that Montgomery Ballet sends the majority of studio updates through e-mail.
I agree to follow the classroom observation rules. Two Observation Weeks are scheduled each school year. Parents are not permitted in the studios at other times, as this proves to be a distraction to the students.
I understand that if my student wishes to add/drop a class from which they are registered I must sign the "Class Withdrawal" / "Class Addition" form, or I will be responsible for full tuition payments.
I understand that Montgomery Ballet cannot provide supervision for students outside of class. I will not drop off my child earlier than 10 minutes before their class begins. I will pick up my child no later than 10 minutes after their class ends. Repeated violation of this policy will result in the cancellation of the student's registration, forfeiture of all registration fees, costume deposits, and tuition.
I understand that Montgomery Ballet employees will not take students ages 2-6 to the restroom, due to safety reasons. Instructors cannot leave their students unattended in class to escort a student to the restroom. I know that I should stay in the waiting room my child is not potty trained or if my child needs assistance in the restroom.
I have read, understand and agree to the policies of the Montgomery Ballet. I understand that I am responsible for the tuition for the classes for which I am registered, and that registration and yearly tuition is non-refundable. I give permission for Montgomery Ballet to take and publish photos of me or my child. I agree that I will not hold Montgomery Ballet or any Montgomery Ballet board member, faculty member or employee liable for any injury sustained or illness contracted while I or my child is a student at the Montgomery Ballet. I exempt and release Montgomery Ballet and its agents from any and all liability claims, demands, or causes of action whatsoever from any damage, loss or injury, including death, to/of the student, parent, guardian, family member or personal property which may arise out of or in connection with participation in any Montgomery Ballet activities.