EDGE DANCE & PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
Studio Policies & Procedures
ENROLLMENT: Enrollment in a class or classes requires full payment of a non-refundable $35 (FALL) $25 (SUMMER) registration fee ($30/$20 for returning students who have attended Edge Dance & PAC within the past 12 months) and the first month's tuition. Class sizes are limited therefore monthly class tuition is not based on attendance, it simply holds your spot in a class. Edge Dance reserves the right to cancel class or combine classes with another appropriate class when enrollment is low.
INSTRUCTORS: Edge Dance & PAC carefully selects qualified instructors for all ages and levels of our dance and theatre program. Edge Dance reserves the right to substitute or change instructors at anytime as it feels is best for our program.
TUITION: Tuition is paid monthly. Tuition is paid to hold a student's place in a class or classes, and must be paid regardless of the student's attendance each month. Monthly tuition is based off of our full Fall/Spring season which runs from August-June. Some months will have five weeks of class while others have less; however, monthly tuition will remain the same.
Please remember you will not be sent a statement. Tuition is due on the first of each month and considered past due if not paid by close of business on the 5th of the month. A $25 late fee per student will automatically be billed to all late accounts at 9:00pm on the 5th of each month. If tuition becomes two months delinquent students are subject to removal from classes.
PAYMENTS: For your convenience, you may have a credit card on file to be charged monthly for tuition and other fees to include costume and recital fees. If you choose not to participate in automatic draft, you are still required to provide a credit card to secure the account. If no credit card is available, you must then provide first and last month's tuition. Edge Dance & PAC reserves the right to apply any unpaid tuition or past due fees to the credit card on file at any time.
MAKEUP CLASSES: Missed classes may be made up in any class of your choice as long as tuition is current. No reductions or refunds are given for missed classes. Students must obtain a "Make-Up Class Card" from the office and turn it in to the instructor of the make-up class in order to avoid an added charge to their account. Make-ups need to be made in the month missed, whenever possible.
CLASS CHANGES: Students may not add or change a class without first notifying the office. A $20 drop-in charge will be added to their account if a student is found taking a class in which they are not enrolled.
HOLIDAYS: Check website or ask office for exact dates. Please remember there is no pro-rating for holidays.
LOST AND FOUND: Items lost in the studio are only kept for 30 days. Please check regularly as items are cleaned out and donated monthly. We will not be held responsible for lost or stolen items.
SAFETY: We are not responsible for students before and after their class time, and after they exit the studio. Please instruct your child to remain inside the studio for the duration of their time here at Edge Dance & PAC. Students should be dropped off no more than 10 minutes before class and promptly picked up after class.
DRESS CODE: Any dancer not adhering to the Edge Dance & PAC dress code will not be allowed to participate in class. Please review our class descriptions and attire requirements, available online or at the front office. All dancers should wear cover-ups when arriving and leaving the studio.
WITHDRAWALS: Students are continually enrolled in classes from month to month unless 30 days prior written notice is given. If a student wishes to drop any or all of their classes, 30 days written notice must be received in our office or the following month's tuition will still apply. This notice is required for class/staff scheduling purposes as well as removal time from auto billing services. All balances and payments must be current upon receiving written notification from the parent or guardian. A student who drops and wishes to return within the same studio year will be responsible for the re-enrollment fee of $20.
SPRING RECITAL: All students are expected to participate in the Edge Dance & Performing Arts Center spring recital which is held in June. Spring recital and costume fees will be billed to your Edge Dance account. Costume fee of $95 per class is due in November and recital fee of $95 per student is due in February. No refunds will be given on costumes or recital fees. All balances must be up-to-date for students to participate in year-end recital. Students must attend all rehearsals for the two weeks prior to recital.
Edge Dance & Performing Arts Center is dedicated to offering the highest quality dance and performance education for your child and we appreciate your cooperation with these procedures.
Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
(Read Carefully Before Signing)
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Edge Dance & Performing Arts program indicated below and/or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (here in defined as any area where in admittance to the general public is prohibited), the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the minor participant named below agree:
1. The parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating in the below dance activity or event, he or she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he or she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the officials of such condition and refuse to participate. I understand and agreed that, if at any time, I feel anything to be UNSAFE, I will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area and REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE further.
2. I/WE fully understand and acknowledge that:
(a) There are risks and dangers associated with participation in Dance events and activities which could result in bodily injury partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death.
(b) The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be severe.
(c) These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, the Releasees named below.
(d) There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at his time.
3. I/WE accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees named below.
4. I/WE HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the dance facility used by the participant, including its owners, managers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the dance event or program, premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the dance facility or events held at such facility and each of them, their directors, officers, agents, employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as "Releasee"...FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next to kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES AND ANY CLAIMS OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DEATH OF THE PARTICIPANT OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE EVENT(S) CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE.
5. I/WE HEREBY acknowledge that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of THE UNDERSIGNED also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
6. EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
7. On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned partner(s) and/or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant executes this Waiver and Release. If, despite this release, the participant makes a claim against any of the Releasees, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse the Releasee for any money which they have paid to the participant, or on his behalf, and hold them harmless
8. I authorize Edge Dance & Performing Arts Center to use photographs, video, and/or other likenesses of myself or my child(ren) for use in its promotional materials or sales and waive any rights of compensation or ownership thereto.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
Dance School: Edge Dance, LLC dba Edge Dance & Performing Arts Center