LOST AND FOUND AND SECURITY
A lost and found basket is located in both lobby areas. Please check the lost and found basket regularly as all lost and found items are donated to Goodwill on the 1st of each month. Security cameras are located in public areas for safety and security. TDC does not make security or video data available to students or parents. TDC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Please do not leave belongings unattended.
At The Dance Corner we go to great lengths to keep you informed and up to date through monthly e-newsletter, e-mail, facebook and lobby postings.
Questions- We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your dancer and our programs. Let us know how we can help you in any way!
Regular attendance is vital to student progress and group choreography. Please make every effort to attend each class. Students may make up missed classes in another class of appropriate level.
Please report absences via email to MissJenny@TheDanceCorner.com or by calling the studio 860-663-3738.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY AND STUDIO CLOSURES
In the event of inclement weather, power outages or other conditions that are unsafe for our students to attend classes, an email will be sent and a Facebook post be made by 2:00pm for afternoon classes and 8:00am for morning classes if classes are cancelled. Please note that we do not necessarily follow school closings as roads are often cleared by the time studio classes begin. Any cancelled classes may be made up on your own time from our regular schedule of classes.
The Dance Corner reserves the right to reschedule or combine classes.
The Dance Corner reserves the right to provide a substitute or replacement teacher as TDC may deem necessary.
The Dance Corner reserves the right to deliver class content via an online system in the event that classes are not able to be conducted live for any reason including, but not limited to: weather, teacher absence, or governmental advisory.
Students will be placed in the appropriate class for their age and level. Students new to dance may need to begin the year in a class younger than their age group, or may be asked to take an additional class for a period of time in order to catch up to their age group. We ask that you please respect Dance Corner staff decisions regarding placement. It is important to us that students of all ages and levels have a positive dance experience. All questions or concerns about class placement should be directed to The Family Care Coordinator.
PHYSICAL CONTACT AND PHOTO CONSENT
Dance is an art form that requires teachers to be able to have appropriate physical contact for the purposes of making technical corrections. By submitting a registration (online or otherwise), the parent/ guardian and student are granting consent for such physical contact.
The Dance Corner, LLC maintains a website, publishes a newsletter, uses pictures in marketing brochures and posts them in local newspapers and on social media for marketing purposes. The Dance Corner, LLC may use your child's photo (e.g. in class photos, recital photos and costume portraits) for these purposes unless you notify us in writing that we may not. Students are free to refuse to be photographed.
• I have read and agree to abide by The Dance Corner, LLC's (herein TDC) policies regarding tuition, membership fees, service delivery, and refunds.
• I understand that TDC reserves the right to refuse instruction to anyone not abiding by TDC policies.
• I understand that TDC reserves the right to cancel a semi-private class if enrollment falls below four students and to convert a traditional group class to a semi-private class if enrollment falls below eight students per class.
• I understand that TDC is not responsible for lost items, stolen items, or unclaimed merchandise.
• I understand that participation in a dance program involves risk of possible injury and/or illness. I understand that TDC and its staff will not be held responsible for injuries or illness sustained in class, in rehearsals, while performing, or traveling to or from its facilities
• I understand that I assume full financial responsibility for risks of personal and bodily injury and/or illness that may be sustained in class, while performing, or traveling to or its facilities.
I have and will maintain, at my expense, sufficient health insurance and other types of medical payments to cover the cost of any personal and bodily injury and/or illness may be sustained in class, in rehearsals, while performing, or traveling to or from its facilities.
• I release TDC and its managers, instructors, employees, agents, associations, related companies, successors and assigns, from liability for all personal and bodily injury and/or illness that may be sustained in class, in rehearsals, while performing, or traveling to or from its facilities. I specifically intend this release to include all claims that my child and I might have based on actual or alleged negligent supervision, instruction, training, and or facility care and cleaning.