Each performing course will perform in at least one of the stage productions at Terry Fox Theatre in Port Coquitlam: 7pm Friday, June 8, 1pm and 7pm, Saturday, June 9, and 1pm and 7pm, Sunday, June 10, 2018.
In preparation for the shows, families of all students enrolled in any performing course(s) are committed to reserving the below Important Dates. A minimum of 2 weeks prior to each of the Mandatory Important Dates for performing students, the exact times of each performer's participation within these dates will be confirmed.
Stage Makeup/Hair Seminar:
Tuesday, November 14, Friday, November 17, or Saturday, November 18, 2017
Costume Check/Photo Shoot:
Saturday and Sunday, April 8, 9, and Saturday and Sunday April 28, 29, 2018
In Studio Dress Rehearsals:
Tuesday to Saturday, May 22 to May 26, 2018
On Stage Dress Rehearsals:
Monday, June 4, Tuesday, June 5, Wednesday, June 6, and Thursday, June 7, and prior to all shows, Friday to Sunday, June 8 to 10, 2018.
Please note the following details:
Not participating in the Costume Check/Photo Shoot will entail a charge of $30.00 per performing number/costume.
Not participating in any class, including a technique course that supports a performing course, or scheduled rehearsal in the 4 weeks prior to a performance may result in exclusion from performing.
Not participating in an on stage rehearsal for a number will result in exclusion from performing that number.
Before enrolling in a performing course, please confirm your ability and willingness to do the following:
• Get (your child) to all rehearsals, even those outside regular class times.
• Pay the private lesson rate for extra rehearsal time if required by your (child's) absence from a rehearsal or class.
• Pay (for your child) to have extra instruction if needed. (Should the teacher require you/r child to have private instruction, you will be billed at the posted private lesson rate.)
PLEASE DO NOT ENROLL IN PERFORMING CLASSES UNLESS YOU CAN COMMIT TO THE ABOVE
: I have read and agree to obey, and ensure that my child obeys, the School Rules (please find a more detailed list of Rules and Directives in your Guidebook):
1. Practice with your child/actively encourage your child to practice and stretch every day so your child's class can progress each week.
2. Make every effort to avoid absences or lateness. Students must provide a note from a physician/guardian if not participating fully, and should attend to take notes when NOT CONTAGIOUS nor too unwell to leave home.
3. Call the school for EVERY absence or lateness. Please also provide the school an 8 ½ X 11" piece of paper per affected Teacher with information regarding any anticipated lateness/absence. Ask about appropriate times to substitute for missed classes.
4. Ensure that students are picked up within 10 minutes of their last class' end time. Late pick-ups will be charged $5 per minute after the 10-minute grace period.
Caulfield School of Dance 2017/18 Agreement page 4 of 4
5. Ensure that the lobby is kept quiet and neat. Use the appropriate recycling and garbage receptacles. (The only green waste disposal container in the kitchen).
6. Never approach Teachers at the School. Call, email, or leave a note with the Administration requesting to have a Teacher contact you, and specify the subject you wish to discuss. Teachers can only address inquiries outside of their teaching schedule. Address any questions not directly associated with your (child's) progress to the Administration.
7. Inform the school of any change of address, phone number, or email address.
8. Stay informed by reading your Guidebook, checking your email regularly, and notice boards at least once a month and every lesson day in the month prior to performances in which you are participating.
9. Students will not be permitted to continue with a course at an inappropriate level.
10. No unhealthy food (i.e. gum, pop, chips, etc.), smoking, disruptive or destructive behavior, or impoliteness - which includes keeping noise to a minimum in the lobby - will be tolerated on or around the premises. NO NUT or SESAME products.
11. Please clean up after yourself(!) and your chid/ren and use the appropriate garbage receptacles for organics, recyclables, etc.. Use the cubbies provided for belongings (not the change room floor).
12. No street shoes in dance studios. No wheeled shoes in the school.
13. Studios are for training and rehearsal only.
14. When waiting for a class, students are to enter a studio quietly. If no studio is available, warm up in the lobby. Do not sit in chairs.
15. Do not touch mirrors, walls, costumes, props, audio-visual or other equipment, etc. anywhere in the School.
16. Come to class dressed as instructed. (Please refer to your Guidebook for details.)
17. Raise a hand to ask a question in class.
18. If you must leave the studio during class, raise a hand to ask to be dismissed. Make every effort to avoid interrupting your classes.
19. If late, apologize and ask to be admitted into class.
20. During classes, do not talk to or touch other participants unless instructed to do so by the Teacher.
21. Bow or curtsey and say "Thank you" to your Teacher(s) at the end of each class.
22. No pets in the School.