POLICIES & PROCEDURES- GreenSpring International Academy of Music/ GreenSpring HARPS Foundation (GreenSpring) and all partner or affiliate programs (updated 8/2019)
1. Private lessons: There are 36 lesson dates in the 2019-2020 Academic Year for lessons taking place Monday through Friday. For Saturday, there are 34 lesson dates. Tuition will be calculated for the academic year (weeks X lesson rate/ 10 months) and will be billed in 10 equal installments on the first of the month. For students enrolling after the start of the academic year, billing and installments will be calculated based on the remaining lessons in the year. Semester classes/ensembles: Tuition will be billed on September 1 and February 1 or, after start of semester, upon registration. Summer Institutes: The deposit will processed upon registration and final payment on June 1.
2. WITHDRAWS AND REFUNDS: There is a two-month minimum for all lessons. One-month notice from the first of the month is required to discontinue any lessons/classes. Withdrawal must be done in person and will not be accepted over the phone. Withdrawal must be done in the business office and not with the teacher. Withdrawal must occur within the first 7 days of the month. No withdrawals will be accepted after April 1 for the current academic year. To withdraw from lessons/classes a parent or adult student must:
1. Inform the business office administration in person, and
2. Complete and sign a withdrawal form provided by the business office
All automatic bank debiting or credit card charges will stop or remaining checks (balance) returned after the one-month notice period. We reserve the right to terminate lessons to any students without notice. In such a case a refund for unused lessons will be given.
3. SUBSTITUTIONS: We reserve the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and the school cannot arrange a substitute any missed classes will be made up.
4. EXTREME WEATHER OR UNEXPECTED INTERRUPTION OF CLASSES: If we must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, the missed lessons will be added on to the end of the semester. No refunds or makeup lessons will be given if students are unable to attend these rescheduled lessons for any reason.
5. SCHEDULING MISSED PRIVATE LESSONS AND MAKE-UP CLASSES: If you/your child are going to miss a lesson for a scheduling conflict or illness, it will be your responsibility to trade the lesson time (see exchange information below in #7) with someone else in your teacher's studio or forfeit payment. Absolutely no make-up lessons will be given for missed lessons unless absence is due to serious illness and 24 hour notice has been given to the business office. Make-up lessons will be limited to two (2) per academic teaching year. No refunds are given for missed lessons. School activities such as ski trips or programs, band trips, spring breaks that differ from our spring break, sports games, or work related travel/ vacations, etc. do not qualify for make-up lessons. If you/your child are not able to attend a scheduled make-up lesson, your/their lesson will be forfeited and no other make-up will given in its place. There are no make-up lessons for group music classes or ensemble rehearsals.
6. MAKE-UP LESSONS: Two make-up sessions (at the end of the semesters in January and June) will be scheduled for students who missed a lesson, meet the requirements for a make-up lessons as outlined in Items 4 and 5 above, and were unable to make-up the missed lesson during the semester. The January session will be for lessons missed from September - January and the June session will be for lessons missed from February through the third week of June. If you/your child are not able to attend these scheduled make-up sessions, your/their lesson will be forfeited and no other make-up will given in its place.
7. EXCHANGE INFORMATION: If you must miss a lesson in the upcoming week or in a future week, send the business office staff an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a general "request for exchange" email to the group list for your instructor's studio. In your message include your instructor, your lesson time and length of lesson, and the date (or dates) which you will not be able to attend. Those who wish to exchange for your lesson may then contact you directly through email. When you have finalized your exchange with another student, email the business office to let us know what arrangements have been made so we may properly note this in your account. PLEASE NOTE: If you can't find anyone willing to exchange (and you don't qualify for one of two make-up lessons due to serious illness), you will forfeit the lesson and payment.
8. ATTENDANCE AND PROGRESS: If you miss more than two (2) lessons per month in two (2) consecutive months, you may be asked to give up your time slot to another student and resume only when you are able to make a serious commitment to your musical studies. If we see that a student is not making the progress we believe they are capable of even with regular attendance, we will suggest the student and/or parents discuss possible reasons (motivation, too many other activities, etc.) and the need to discontinue lessons until the student is ready to make a serious commitment.
9. PARENT/ADULT STUDENT RESPONSIBILITY TO BE AWARE OF DATES AND EVENTS: It is the responsibility of the parent and/or adult student to be aware of all activities such as recitals, extra classes and dates the school is open or closed. These dates are on the season calendar and on our website www.greenspringmusic.org. It is the parent and/or adult student responsibility to regularly check email to ensure they are informed. It is the responsibility of the parent and/or adult student to inform the business office of any email, address or telephone number changes.
10. CARE OF STUDENTS: Our staff and instructors are not responsible for providing before and after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of eight (8) are to remain at our facilities during instructional times. Students are not to be left alone for excessive times before or after class.
11. INJURIES: Parents, legal guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained while at our facilities resulting from any activity either inside or on the outside property before, during or after class time or participation in any GreenSpring activity.
In consideration of My/My Child's participation in any activities sponsored by, associated with, or as a part of GreenSpring International Academy of Music/GreenSpring HARPS Foundation, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby agree, on behalf of myself, my heirs, executor, administrator, and assignees, to indemnify GreenSpring International Academy of Music (Ediger-Kordzaia Enterprises, LLC) and the GreenSpring/HARPS Foundation and employees jointly and severally, and hold and save harmless from and against any and all actions, claims, demands, liabilities, loss, damages or expenses of whatever kind or nature, including attorney's fees, which may at any time be incurred by reason of my participation in the activities mentioned above.
FINANCIAL AGREEMENT - GreenSpring International Academy of Music/GreenSpring HARPS Foundation
Payment options are as follows:
1. Full private lesson tuition, single payment (3% discount)* due prior to start of 1st semester on September 16th. *Option only if registering before September 16th
2. Post-dated checks dated for the first day of each month (e.g. Sept. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1) with checks made payable to GreenSpring International Academy of Music
3. Auto-draft payment from checking account or credit card the first day of each month
1. Payment for private lessons must be made on or before the first of each month. A $10 late fee per month will be assessed on late payments beginning 30 days after payment was due.
2. Payment for group classes/ensembles is due on or before September 16th for the Fall Semester and again, February 1st for the Spring Semester. A $10 late fee per month will be assessed on late payments beginning 30 days after payment was due.
3. If tuition has not been paid within 30 days of the due date, the student may be asked not to return to lessons/rehearsals until tuition has been received.
4. In the case that a student decides to withdraw from private lessons, 30 day notice must be given. No refund will be issued for early withdrawal. For classes/ensembles, after the second class/rehearsal of the semester, there will be no refund. Refunds for withdrawal from a class/ensemble within the permissible time frame will be prorated based on the number of classes/rehearsals attended. If there is cause for a student to be dismissed, no refund will be given.
6. PAYMENT OF FEES: Tuition must be paid by either automatic bank account or credit card draft; or pre-dated check dated for the first day of each month e.g. Sept. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1; or as a single payment for the year (at a 3% discount for private lessons only, group classes not included). For students choosing the full tuition payment method, all payment must be received before September 16th to qualify. For students choosing the pre-dated checks, all checks for the year must be received prior to September 16th. No lesson times will be confirmed without receipt of payment method. Failure to provide a valid payment method within 30 days of the missed payment will result in a $10 late fee per month until the debt is satisfied and the student will be asked not to return until payment is received. Tuition will be debited from your account on the 1st day of each month from September-June. For students electing to enroll in summer term, tuition will be due on the 1st day of July and August. In the case a student decides to withdraw from private lessons, 30 day notice must be given. No refund will be issued for early withdrawal. The first month of lessons is non-refundable. Payment for trial lessons must be received in advance of the lesson to hold the spot. For classes/ensembles, after the second class/rehearsal of the semester, there will be no refund. Refunds for withdrawal from a class/ensemble within the permissible time frame will be prorated based on the number of classes/rehearsals attended.
7. NSF PAYMENT (Insufficient Funds and Returned Checks): By signing this agreement, I hereby authorize GreenSpring International Academy of Music/GreenSpring HARPS Foundation to electronically debit my bank account for the amount of any NSF paper check or auto debit transaction (if this is my payment plan) or provide prompt alternative payment (check made payable to GreenSpring International Academy of Music or cash) by the first of the month. A $35 fee will be charged for all NSF returns.
PHOTO/RECORDING PERMISSION- Throughout the year, GreenSpring may take photographs, videos, and audio recordings for GreenSpring related announcements as well as uses in future print, online, audio and digital formats related to the mission of GreenSpring.
I hereby authorize GreenSpring International Academy of Music, GreenSpring HARPS Foundation and all partner and/or affiliate programs to use, copy, alter, and edit my recorded my likeness/image in a photograph, video, audio and/or other digital media for lawful purpose. Use includes educational purposes, publications, including web-based publications, or advertising in perpetuity. I understand and agree that all photos, videos and audio recordings will become the property of GreenSpring and I waive any right to compensation arising from use of said media. I represent that I have the right to grant such authority and that the rights I have granted here under will not conflict with or violate any commitment or understanding I have to or with any person or entity. I expressly hold harmless and release GreenSpring International Academy of Music and/or GreenSpring HARPS Foundation and all its assignees against all claims, demands, and causes of action which I and/or my representatives may have by reason of this authorization.
I have read and understand the above release. I affirm that I am at least 18 years of age and, in the case of a minor student, represent that I am a parent or guardian of the minor who is named above, and I hereby agree that we shall both be bound thereby.