The SCHOOL-YEAR Session runs from the first Tuesday after Labor Day (Sept.) through Mid-June of the following year, with an annual Spring Ballet and June Recital. HOLIDAYS:
The Fairfax County Public School calendar will be generally followed for Thanksgiving, Winter Break, Spring Break and Memorial Day ONLY. The Center DOES NOT close for any other Monday holidays, school holidays or teacher workdays. Check the Cuppett calendar for specific dates.
SUMMER: The Summer Session begins in July and continues for 5 weeks.
SPRING: The Spring Session begins in February and continues for 12 weeks (with a break for Spring Break). Spring Session classes do not participate in the Spring Ballet or June Recital.
There will be a separate in-class performance for Family and Friends on the last day of each class.
For the SCHOOL-YEAR session (Sept.-June), the total tuition fee has been divided into 10 equal installment payments that are due by the 1st day of each month, September through June.
The first month's tuition and the registration fee are due at Registration and are NON-REFUNDABLE. A late fee of $15.00 will be charged to your account if monthly tuition payment has not been received by the Main Office
(not postmarked) by the 7th day of the month. Recital costumes will not be released to any student whose account is past due (see Costumes below). Cuppett PAC reserves the right to withhold a student's participation in session-ending performances if a student's account is more than one month past due and/or if accumulated late charges have not been paid five (5) days prior to that performance. Past due accounts must be paid in full in order to register for upcoming sessions or additional classes. There will be a $35.00 fee for all payments returned for insufficient funds.
SUMMER and SPRING: For SUMMER and SPRING sessions the registration fee and entire session tuition are due at registration. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS for SUMMER or SPRING. Payment plans are available for tuition amounts exceeding $350 (two payments if $350+ or three payments if over $600+). SUMMER students who withdraw from SUMMER before May 15th can ONLY receive a tuition credit towards the following SCHOOL-YEAR session. Past-due accounts must be paid in full in order to register for upcoming sessions or additional classes. There will be a $35 fee for all checks returned for insufficient funds.
Parent Observation Weeks are held twice per SCHOOL-YEAR session. Observation windows are provided so that you may observe from outside the classroom in the lobby and/or rear hallways throughout the year. Observers inside the classroom are distracting for both the students and the instructor.
SUMMER: Observation windows are provided so that you may observe from outside the classroom in the lobbies or rear hallways. For SUMMER there is no "inside the studio" observation at any time. Observers inside the classroom are distracting to the students and instructor. SPRING:
There will be an in-class performance for Friends and Family on the last day of class in the Spring Session only.
Students who choose to withdraw from a class must submit a withdrawal request IN WRITING
to the Main Office by the 25th of the month. Your financial responsibility will cease at the end of that month. Requests for withdrawal received after the 25th of the month will not become effective until the end of the following month. Students wishing to add a class to their schedule must notify the Main Office at the Park Street studio. The student will be notified as soon as possible if the request was approved or denied.
SUMMER: There areNO REFUNDS for SUMMER withdrawals. SUMMER students who withdraw from SUMMER ON or BEFORE MAY 15th can receive a tuition credit only towards the following SCHOOL-YEAR session. For students withdrawing AFTER MAY 15th, there is NO refund or credit. To withdraw from a class, you must submit a WRITTEN request to the MAIN OFFICE ( not to your teacher). Students wishing to add a class to their SUMMER schedule must request approval from the office. The student will be notified as soon as possible if the request was approved or denied.
SPRING: There are NO withdrawals or refunds for the 12-week SPRING Session.
PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTIONS: Promotional productions (photo, video, audio) produced by CPAC of CPAC classes, rehearsals, and performances may be used for marketing to the public, including internet (website and social media pages), flyers and/or print advertising. If you object to the use of promotional productions (photo, video, audio) produced by CPAC that include your child(ren), send written notification to the main office when registering, and we will add your child to the Photo Opt Out list.
- All dancewear is available in our Allegra's Dance Boutique at the Park Street studio.
- Please put your dancer's name in all dancewear!
- Creative Dance - Light Lavender leotard, with or without attached skirt, pink tights and pink ballet shoes.
- Boy's attire in regular classes (for Ballet classes please contact the office): T-shirt, shorts or sweatpants, clean sneakers that are ONLY used indoors.
- Combination classes - Light Lavender leotard (with or without attached skirt), pink tights, pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes.
- Ballet I-III classes and Tap I-III classes - Lavender or Purple leotard, pink tights with pink ballet shoes (Ballet), black tap shoes with tan (preferred) or pink tights (Tap). Hair in a bun.
- Hip Hop classes - Tight fitting top or leotard, loose pants, sneakers that are ONLY used indoors.
- Acro classes - Biketard (preferred) or tight fighting top with dance shorts, socks or bare feet.
- Ballet, Pointe, Character & Lyrical classes - Solid Purple or Black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, Character or Lyrical shoes. Hair neatly secured in bun.
- Intensive Ballet Program - Black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, hair neatly secured in bun, no jewelry.
- Tap IV & up: Solid color leotard, jazz pants or shorts (opt'l), with tights, tan preferred, black tap shoes. Intensive levels need full sole tap shoes (not split sole).
- Jazz and Modern classes: Solid color leotard, jazz pants or shorts (opt'l), with tights, tan preferred, tan (classes & Company) and black (Company) jazz shoes, bare feet (Modern).
- Musical Theatre classes - Comfortable clothing (no blue jeans or baggy clothing), sneakers (not worn on streets) or jazz shoes (Recital color determined by November).
- NAMES SHOULD BE IN ALL DANCEWEAR! Items in Lost and Found are donated to charity every 3 months.
CPAC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN PROPERTY - STUDENTS MAY BRING DANCE BAGS INTO THE DANCE STUDIOS DURING CLASS.
SUMMER and SPRING:
- Creative Dance & Princess Camp - Girls: leotard (preferred color light lavender), with or without attached skirt, pink tights, and pink ballet shoes. Boys: comfortable clothing. Names in all!
- Boy's attire: T-shirt, shorts or sweatpants, clean sneakers that are ONLY used indoors.
- Combination class - Leotard, (preferred color light lavender) with or without attached skirt, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, and black tap shoes. Names in all!!
- Triple Talent Theatre Camp - Leotard or tight-fitting tank top with jazz or yoga pants. Ballet shoes or jazz shoes are preferred but optional.
- Jazz intro, PreTeen & Teen classes - Leotard & tights, or tight-fitting tank top with yoga pants or shorts, pink ballet flats (Ballet), black tap shoes (Tap), jazz shoes (Jazz) preferred but optional
- Hip Hop- Tight-fitting top or leotard, loose pants, sneakers that are ONLY used indoors.
- Pilates- Comfortable, form-fitting clothing, socks or bare feet, yoga/pilates mat.
- SDI Workshops - Solid purple or black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, jazz pants (optional), black tap or jazz shoes. Hair neatly secured in bun.
- Intensive Ballet "A" Program - Black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, hair neatly secured in bun, no jewelry.
- NAMES IN ALL DANCEWEAR! Items in Lost and Found are donated to charity at the end of the Summer Session. CPAC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN PROPERTY - STUDENTS MAY BRING DANCE BAGS INTO THE DANCE STUDIOS DURING CLASS.
SCHOOL-YEAR & SPRING:
Due to later start times, the Center DOES NOT follow Fairfax County's inclement weather policy. In the case of inclement weather, please call the Center for a recorded message on closings, or check our website at www.CuppettPAC.com. A message will be posted by 12:00 p.m. for M-F classes, and 8:00 a.m. for Saturday classes. In rare situations it may be necessary to cancel a class in the case of an emergency. In this case you will be notified by telephone and/or email as promptly as possible. Weather-related make-up classes will only be scheduled after the second canceled "Weather-related Day" for that particular day of the week; i.e. if two Tuesdays are canceled for snow, one Tuesday will be made up.
SUMMER: In the case of inclement weather, please call the Center for a recorded message on closings, or check our website at www.CuppettPAC.com. A message will be posted by 7:00 a.m. for that day. In rare situations it may be necessary to cancel a class in the case of an emergency. In this case, you will be notified by telephone and/or email as promptly as possible. A make-up class will then be given; time and day will be announced.
SCHOOL YEAR, SPRING & SUMMER: I, individually and also as a parent or guardian of , agree to Indemnify and hold harmless the Cuppett Performing Arts Center, Inc. (hereafter referred to as CPAC), as well as Amy Cuppett Stiverson, and any and all of her designated representatives from any and all liability arising out of or in consequence of, or mental or physical injury, illness, or death, sustained as a result of, any activity connected with myself or my child(ren) taking lessons from CPAC. I am assuming the risk for any harm I or my child(ren) might incur in consequence of my association with CPAC. I have applied to CPAC to participate in dance lessons and/or recitals. In exchange for being permitted to participate in these activities and use of CPAC's studios and other facilities, I agree that I, my heirs, and representatives will not make a claim against CPAC. I have carefully read this liability waiver and I fully understand its contents. I acknowledge that I have had full opportunity to read this document and to seek legal advice should I choose. I understand that this agreement is intended to be as broad as permitted by laws in the state of Virginia. I understand the physical nature of dance activities and I am choosing to engage in such activities and/or allow my child(ren) to do so. I understand there is risk of injury involved in dancing, and I choose to take on this risk.