2019-2020 Studio Policies
Welcome to EXPRESS Dance & Acrobatics. Our mission is to teach the fundamentals of dance and
acrobatics, with an emphasis on commitment, education, safety, and fun in a healthy and loving environment.
We encourage the total development of each child: intellectual, social, emotional and physical.
1. REGISTRATION: All students must have a current registration form on file with EXPRESS Dance & Acrobatics that
includes updated E-mail and telephone numbers. All information must be kept up to date. Any changes of phone, address,
and email or payment information must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• REGISTRATION FEE is $25.00 per student. The registration fee is non-refundable.
• A completed registration form, a signed payment contract & waiver agreement, first month's tuition, as well as
the $25.00 registration fee must be received before a student can be enrolled in any classes.
• CHANGING CLASSES: please notify the front desk via an ADD/DROP form by the 20th of the month prior to the
change taking place. You must fill out an ADD/DROP form to change your registration. Simply not attending a
class does not excuse you from paying for it.
2. TUITION: Please be aware that tuition is based on a 9 month dance school year (Sept-May). Monthly tuition fee
remains the same regardless of weeks in the month, school vacation closings, weather cancellations or the number of
absences in a month.
• Tuition is due within the first week of every month.
• Account statements will be e-mailed within the first week of the month.
• A LATE FEE of $15.00 will be automatically charged if payment is not received by the 15th of the month.
• EXPRESS strongly suggests a credit card be put on file at the time of registration to be charged when tuition is
not received by the 15th of each month to avoid late fees. A "Credit Card Authorization Form" is included in
this registration packet.
• RETURNED CHECKS will be charged a $20.00 fee.
• We offer a 5% discount on annual tuition that is paid in-full by September 30. Please be aware, however, that
tuition payments are non-refundable and will not be credited back to you.
• Cash, Check, American Express, Discover, Master Card or Visa are welcome.
• Payments may be paid by online Portal payments, Automatic Credit Card Withdrawal, mailed to the studio,
dropped off at desk or placed in drop box.
• Please request receipt for all cash payments.
FAMILY PLAN: The first child pays full fee, the second child receives 10% off, and the third child receives one hour
class free. In some instances we may ask you to provide evidence of the sibling relationship (i.e. copies of birth certificates)
2019-2020 Tuition Fees
TYPE OF CLASS MONTHLY FEE (X9) YEARLY FEE
30 Minute $47.00 $423.00
45 Minute $52.00 $468.00
1 Hour Combination $62.00 $558.00
1 ¼ Hour Combination $72.00 $648.00
1 ½ Hour Combination $77.00 $693.00
1 ¾ Hour Combination $82.00 $738.00
2 Hour Combination $87.00 $783.00
3. ATTENDANCE: Please make every effort to have your child attend all classes. We encourage you to arrive 5
minutes before class time. Any child not in class must be supervised by an adult in the waiting areas.
• Missed Classes: There will be no refunds for missed classes. Make ups will be based upon availability.
• Snow Days: Cancellation of school due to snow/inclement weather does not mean that dance classes will be
cancelled. A message will be left on the studio answering machine (508) 478-9222.
4. CLASS ATTIRE:
• GIRLS: It is required that all girls wear a leotard and tights-of her choice-EXPRESS YOURSELF!
Dance skirts, shorts and leggings are optional. Tan tap shoes with strap are required for tap classes and
pink ballet slippers are required for ballet. Bare feet are required for all other classes.
• BOYS: Comfortable clothing appropriate for dance. Black tie tap shoes for tap, black ballet slippers and sneakers
for hip hop.
Hair must be pulled up neatly
5. PARENT OBSERVATION: Observation for Grades PI-12 will consist of the last 5 minutes of the class during the
months November, January, March & April. Please check calendar for specific week. It is important to remember that
parent viewing can be distracting to the student. We want the maximum learning experience for your child. Therefore,
please limit any observation to the scheduled dates and times only. We appreciate your cooperation.
6. ACROBATIC CLASSES/EXHIBITION: Acrobatic classes do not perform in the Annual Spring Recital. However,
children in acrobatic classes will perform in a special Acrobatic Exhibition at the studio sometime during the last week of
classes. Parents and family members are encouraged to attend. Each student will receive a trophy for their participation.
7. SPRING RECITAL INFORMATION: Children enrolled in dance classes will perform in one of three shows at our
Annual Spring Recital. The recital is typically held in May at Bellingham High School. Recital 1- Show 11am: Wednesday &
Saturday Classes. Recital 2- Show 2pm: Monday & Thursday Classes. Recital 3- Show 5pm: Tuesday Classes.
• Recital Dress Rehearsal: Typically held the Friday afternoon before the Saturday recitals at Recital location. A
schedule of rehearsal times will be available the week before the recital. Attendance at dress rehearsal is
• Recital Tickets: Tickets will need to be purchased for this event. The ticket sale dates will be in May 2020. It is
VERY IMPORTANT that you read all EXPRESS emails thoroughly...especially emails pertaining to Recital Ticket
8. COSTUME INFORMATION: Costumes will need to be ordered and purchased for the Spring Recital. One costume
is required for each dance class a student is enrolled. The price of a costume may range from $60-$80. Therefore, if your
child is enrolled in two classes such as, a jazz and a ballet class you will need to purchase two costumes. Acrobatic classes
do not participate in the recital and therefore, do not require a costume to be purchased.
• A 50% costume deposit will be due the first week of November. The balance will be due first week of
• Your child's costume/s will not be ordered unless the balance has been paid.
After registration, every parent will receive an emailed costume statement so that you will know the exact number of
costumes your dancer will need and the exact costume fee amount that you will need to pay by the costume due date.
Again, costume fees will be due in full the first week of December. We are dealing with costume companies that require
full payment when the order is placed and that is why we must have ALL costume fees paid in full by this due date.
EXPRESS Dance & Acrobatics is unable to give costume refunds once costumes are ordered. Any costume not claimed
after 30 days of the recital will become property of EXPRESS Dance & Acrobatics.
As the legal parent or guardian, I release and hold harmless EXPRESS Dance and Acrobatics LLC and/or EXPRESS CHEER FORCE , it's owners and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of EXPRESS Dance and Acrobatics, its owners and operators or in route to or from any of said premises. This will apply to my child and/or any child that may accompany me in an enrolled or non-enrolled capacity.
I UNDERSTAND THAT BY ENTERING MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION BELOW, I AUTHORIZE EXPRESS DANCE & ACROBATICS TO CHARGE THE REGISTRATION FEE , CAMP, CLASS FEE, AND/OR FIRST MONTH'S TUITION (*Recreational registration only) FOR EACH CHILD I HAVE LISTED ABOVE . I have read and agree to the terms of EXPRESS Dance & Acrobatics LLC Policies for all memberships TEAMS and Recreational included .
I am enrolling my child/children and or ward and am the sole responsible party for this/these child/children's registration fee, class fee, camp fee, operational fee, monthly tuition payments, costume fees,uniform fees competition fees, etc through the end of the 2019-2020 dance season. EXPRESS Dance & Acrobatics does not and will not allow splitting of accounts.
I agree to pay the non-refundable registration fee (if applicable), per student at time of registration. Mommy and Me and Summer Offerings Registration fees will be removed from account.
YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL BE BILLED within the next 24 hours.