In consideration of being allowed to enter the and or participate in any camp, field trip, birthday and/or program at The IDEA Lab, the undersigned, on his or her behalf, and on the behalf of the participant(s) identified below, acknowledges, appreciates, understands, and agrees that:
1. I acknowledge and understand there are risks associated with participation in The IDEA Lab activities and the use of the play area and including but not limited to: contusions, fractures, scrapes, cuts, bumps, paralysis, or death.
2. I further acknowledge and understand that there are risks associated with participating in specific camps, field trips, or programs offered at The IDEA Lab due to the use of paint, clay, glue, scissors, chalk, and other items associated with the specific event attended. These include, but are not limited to: skin irritation, blindness, poisoning, or death.
3. I willingly assume the risks associated with participation and accept that there are also risks that may arise due to OTHER PARTICIPANTS, which I also willingly assume.
4. I agree that I shall comply with all stated and customary terms, posted safety signs, rules, and verbal instructions as conditions for participation in any party and/or program at The IDEA Lab.
Review Enrollment at Parent Portal
1.IDEA Lab has the right to cancel a class or camp one week prior to the start date. Full refunds will be processed if a class/camp is cancelled.
2.No refunds available if family drops a class or weekly camp within 15 business days unless the spot can be filled from the waiting list. If a spot can be filled, a refund less a $50 administrative fee will be given. If a class or camp is dropped prior to 15 days of start date then a refund will be issued minus the $50 administrative fee.
3.After-school Classes fees are paid in full for the semester are non-refundable. It will be prorated if you join in the middle of the semester.
4.Switching of dates/titles of class or camp will also incur a $50 administrative fee.
5. Single day camp cancellation will be charged $15 as the administrative fee if canceled within 7 business days.
6.League fees are non-refundable after first two months of participation.
7. Fees for single day holiday/winter/spring/school-day off camp are non-refundable if canceled with-in 4 days of camps.
8. Afterschool idea lab campus pickup contracts are yearly. By enrolling your child in the afterschool program you are committing to the complete school year contract.
The Idea Lab uses KidCheck as a way for parents and guardians to sign children in and out of the facility. If your child is enrolled in a camp or class, we ask that you create a FREE KidCheck before your first day. CREATE KID CHECK ACCOUNT
Optional after-school onsite (School) classes or camps
As governed by law Discipline must be :
1. Individualized and consistent for each child;
2. Appropriate to the child's level of understanding;
3. Directed toward teaching the child acceptable behavior and self-control.
A caregiver may only use positive methods of discipline and guidance that encourage self-esteem, self-control, and self-direction which include at least the following:
1. Using praise and encouragement of good behavior instead of focusing only upon unacceptable behavior;
2. Reminding a child of behavior expectations daily by using clear, positive statements;
3. Redirecting behavior using positive statements; and
4. Using brief supervised separation or time out from the group, when appropriate of the child's age and development, which is limited to no more that one minute per year of the child's age.
There must be no harsh, cruel, or unusual treatment of any child. The following types of discipline and guidance are prohibited:
1. Corporal punishment or threats of corporal punishment;
2. Punishment associated with food, naps, or toilet training;
3. Pinching, shaking, or biting a child;
4. Hitting a child with a hand or instrument;
5. Putting anything in or on a child's mouth
6. Humiliating, ridiculing, rejecting, or yelling at a child;
7. Subjecting a child to harsh, abusive, or profane language;
8. Placing a child in a locked or dark room, bathroom , or closet with the door closed; and/or
9. Requiring a child to remain silent or inactive for inappropriately long periods of time for the child's age.
Texas Administrative Code, Title 40 Chapters 746 and 747, Subchapters I, Discipline and Guidance; TDPRS-CCL
My signature below verifies that I have read and received a copy of this discipline and guidance policy.