Scheduling a session or class: NewFuture Learning Center reserves the right to give priority for weekly ongoing schedules to students that plan to attend each week. In order to maximize a tutors available time for all students, we ask that if a student chooses to only attend every other week or repeatedly changes or skips on going sessions, that they instead schedule individual sessions based on space available each week.
Absences / Cancellation Policy: If a student cannot attend a scheduled 1 to 1 session, a 24 hours advance notice is required or we must charge a cancellation fee, of up to the normal charge for the session. If a student cannot attend a scheduled session due to an emergency, i.e. sudden illness, accident or sudden onset of inclement weather, we must be contacted at least 2hrs before the session start time or a minimum $25 late cancelation fee may be charged. If a student cannot attend a scheduled group class, the student may schedule a 1 to 1 make up class for an addition fee if needed.
Inclement Weather: The Center may occasionally close due to inclement weather or other situations beyond our control and we will attempt to notify you with as much advanced notice as possible. If, due to weather conditions, the local public school district closes for the day, or closes early, your Center will most likely do the same, but please call to confirm before assuming the session is canceled.
Punctuality and Supervision: Please ensure that your student arrives on time. If your student is late, you will be charged for the full session regardless of how much of the session is missed. The Center is only responsible for students during the actual scheduled time of the appointment. We are not responsible for students who arrive early, or for students once the scheduled session has ended.
Communication: We ask that you communicate regularly and openly with your center director. After every tutoring or class session that your child attends, you may receive confidential feedback from your child's tutor. If at any time you have questions, concerns, comments or news to share please contact your center director via phone or email.
Cheating: The Center strives to fulfill all responsibilities to students and families with openness, honesty and integrity. In turn, we expect the same from all those we serve. Students engaged in any behavior considered inappropriate or cheating (defined as, but not limited to: copying another student's work, representing work done by others as one's own, using tools such as internet technology to access answers or means to answers when such technology has been forbidden during the activity, etc.) will be immediately referred to the Center Director who will have sole discretion in determining consequences. In instances of cheating (examples: associated with Course for Credit and Credit Recovery, etc.) this can mean immediate dismissal of the student from the program. If a student is dismissed from a class or program for cause, the person whose signature is on this Policy and Procedures statement remains responsible for all fees associated with the full class.
Confidentiality: The Center respects the confidentiality of this relationship and all associated relevant information. No information will be shared with any entity outside the center unless specifically indicated by you to your center director. If there are individuals with whom you wish us to communicate around your child's work, please complete the "Correspondence with Third Party Authorization" form provided by your Center Director. Within the center your student's information will only be shared with the staff that will be supporting your student. Attendance at the center and its services is also a confidential matter and we ask that all who attend the center respect the confidentiality of anyone they encounter there.
• NewFuture / NewPoint Learning Center (the Center) requires that all clients maintain a valid credit card account on file in our confidential, PCI compliant e-commerce system in order to schedule a session or class. The credit card on file will be used to confirm your reservation for a scheduled session or class.
• You may choose to have the credit card on file processed as fees are due, or pay at each session via another method (i.e. debit, cash or check).
• A 1 time per family pre-paid registration fee is required in order to schedule your 1st class or session.
• Payment for individual hourly services is due at the start of each instructional session, unless a pre-payment discount package is offered and then the full payment for the package is required before the 1st session is scheduled.
• A deposit may be required to register for a group class and the balance is due at the first class meeting.
• If a scheduled session or class is canceled by the Center due to no fault of the client, i.e. due to weather or the minimum class size is not met, etc. . The client may choose a refund of any deposit and/or pre-payments made for the services not provided or choose to schedule other services of equal value.
• If a client purchases a pre-paid discount package and then chooses not to continue before all the hours are used, the rate for the hours used from the package will be adjusted to the normal non-discounted rate, a $25 refund fee will be applied to the balance due and the remaining credit will be refunded to the client.
• A group class is set to run on specific dates and times, refunds are not offered for students that miss sessions in a scheduled group class.
Past Due Accounts: Services will not be rendered if an account is past due. Interest shall accrue at the rate of 18% per annum on all balances that are past due more than 30 days. Additional collection fees will be added if it is necessary for The Center to recover court cost, or pay for the services of an attorney, and/or collection agency.
Correspondence from the Center: As part of enrollment you agree to receive email information and correspondence from the Center regarding your child as well as information about upcoming programs.