Ballet Theatre Company is a 501c3 not for profit arts organization which operates a dance school, Ballet Theatre Company, and stages major dance performances in the greater Hartford area. It is our mission to serve the community by offering professional caliber dance productions, dance education, and performance opportunities to all dancers, age three to adult We strive to enrich our community by offering quality dance performances, dance education, and performance opportunities to all persons, regardless of ethnic background or financial means. We create opportunities for dance students to perform in dance productions alongside professionals, where they have the ability to observe and develop the discipline required to reach their goals. Every year, BTC reaches hundreds of underserved children through dance classes which provide opportunities for positive, creative expression and organized physical activity through our community outreach program, "Giving Kids a Chance through Dance."
To further our mission of educating and enriching our community through dance, we have developed the following Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct governs all persons involved with Ballet Theatre Company (BTC) regardless of role, including BTC Board Members, BTC Teachers, all students, professional dancers, guests, contractors, collaborators, parents, volunteers, visitors, and others actively involved with BTC productions.
All persons actively involved with BTC production shall:
- Be polite, courteous, positive, supportive, well-mannered, and encourage others.
- Respect the rights of others.
- Support teamwork, respect, integrity, and commitment to all.
- Work in a professional and collaborative fashion.
- Provide constructive feedback.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment.
- Allow all to move safely around the school and performance venues.
- Respect BTC's and one another's property.
- Show consideration towards all persons in our school, performances, and community.
- Support the artistic decisions and assigned roles.
- Implement and support a "Can Do" attitude.
- Understand and agree that at the sole discretion of the BTC Board, that teachers, students, professional dancers, guests, contractors, collaborators, parents, volunteers, visitors, and others may be removed from any class, performance, or activity due to a lack of compliance with of any of these guidelines.
As the legal parent or guardian, I release and hold harmless Ballet Theatre Company, its board of directors, contractors, and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of Ballet Theatre Company, its board of directors, contractors, and operators or in route to or from any of said premises.
- Photo/Video Consent is granted for my child to be photographed or videotaped which may be used without compensation in any presentation, public or otherwise. The Student may refuse to be photographer or videotaped, however, the Student may not be able to participate in certain performances.
- Physical Contact: Dance is an art form that requires teachers to be able to have appropriate physical contact for the purpose of making technical corrections. Consent for such physical contact is granted.
- Personal Property: We will not hold Ballet Theatre Company and Ballet Theatre Academy, responsible for the loss or damage of personal property while in attendance and or participating at any Company event, rehearsal, or on any Company property.
Company reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove from any or all classes any student whose behavior is deemed inappropriate or disruptive in the classroom, at any Company event, rehearsal, or on any Company property by any Company staff member. Should this be necessary, a refund of one-half (1/2) tuition will be made for the remaining classes in the session.
As the parent/legal guardian of the above named Student, I hereby release Company, its representatives, volunteers, and employees, from liability for any injury sustained by my child, myself, our family, or our guests, during the course of class participation, rehearsals, or other activities related to Company programs.