2. LATE FEES & PENALTIES: All clients must leave a credit card on file. Clients who have a delinquent payment history will not be allowed to have their child attend any class, team session, and/or any other Five-Star related activity. All payments must be received by no later than the 5th of each month. If payment is received after the 5th of the month, a $35.00 late fee will be applied to the account. If payment is not paid by the 10th of the month, student(s) will not be permitted to attend class until payment and late fee have been satisfied. Personal checks will be accepted for accounts in good standing ONLY and where a history of prompt payment has been established. Otherwise, all payment are to be made by cash or credit card. All checks are to be made payable to: Five-Star. Any returned checks will incur a $35.00 service fee. All prior balances must be paid in full before enrolling in a new class, holiday camp, summer program and/or any other Five-Star related activity or activities. Choice of the monthly payment option is a MONTHLY COMMITMENT. BREACHING THE MONTHLY COMMITMENT OPTION RECEIVES A ONE NON-ATTENDING MONTH PENALTY. ALL WHO CHOOSE THE MONTHLY PAYMENT OPTION ARE REQUIRED TO PAY THE FIRST AND LAST MONTHS PAYMENTS, IN ADVANCE.
3. DISCOUNTS: When more than one immediate family member enrolls and makes a payment at the same time, only the family member for which the higher tuition applies, pays the full fee. All other family member tuition fees are discounted 10% subject to enrollment requirements. All other family or member discounts must be confirmed by a Five-Star Customer Service Representative or Director. 10% SECOND CLASS DISCOUNT APPLY ACROSS ALL PROGRAMS.
4. REFUNDS: Any cancelled enrollments made 60 days or more in advance of program start date, will receive a full 100% refund or family credit. Cancelled enrollments made between 30 and 60 days in advance of program start date, will receive 50% refund. There are no refunds for cancellations under 30 days, but a family credit for future tuition may be possible. If you decide to discontinue after the program commences, THERE ARE NO REFUNDS. For medical conditions validated by a Physician's Written Statement, a family credit will be issued with the prorated amount based upon the date that Five-Star Academy receives the WRITTEN STATEMENT. Retroactive requests cannot be granted.
5. ENROLLMENT CHANGES: We will gladly accommodate requests for changes within the same program as long as a vacancy exists. Changing from one program to another after the commencement of semester is possible as long as a vacancy exists and may involve an adjustment in tuition fees. However, no refunds of any difference in tuition is possible as the original class position is considered abandoned. All changes are subject to the Refund Policy.
6. CLASS ADMISSION: All student tuition's must be current in order to gain admission to class. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. All children aged 3 years and over must be potty-trained before they can attend class and have turned the qualifying age prior to start date.
7. MAKE-UP POLICY: In the event of absences or class closures, students must make-up their missed classes within TWO WEEKS of the absence. Make-Ups which are NOT made-up within TWO WEEKS of an absence, are forfeited and will NOT be credited. Non-attendance for any scheduled make-ups will also be forfeited and will not receive a credit. Families or members who choose the 10 payment plan or monthly payment option, must make-up missed classes within the month of the absence. 10 payment plan or monthly payment families or members, cannot re-schedule or carry over make-ups from one month to the next, except if the absence occurs during the last week of the month. Classes missed due to a medical condition must be supported by a physician's written report and are subject to the Five-Star medical condition refund/credit policy. Make-up classes are subject to availability and will be assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis. Failure to attend a scheduled make-up class will result in forfeiture of the make-up class. All make-ups must be arranged with the Customer Service department who will issue a make-up Pass. A make-up pass is required and mandatory to attend the scheduled make-up.
8. CLASS CANCELLATIONS/SUBSTITUTIONS: Five-Star Academy reserves the right to cancel, combine or reschedule classes and/or instructors.
9. TIMELY ARRIVAL TO CLASS: To ensure that the student minimize the potential for injury and inconvenience to others, the signator of this contract agrees to make every effort to ensure the student arrives at least 10 minutes prior to the commencement of class.
10. TIMELY COLLECTION OF STUDENT AFTER CLASS: The signator of this contract agrees to have their child collected promptly at the end of the class or make prior arrangements for early drop-off or late pick-up during registration.
11. STUDENT BEHAVIOR: Five-Star Academy has the right to dismiss any student whose conduct or behavior, may cause disruption, or jeopardizes the safety of said child, other students, instructors, directors or is not in the best interest of the Academy.
12. EMERGENCY/MEDICAL ATTENTION: In the event of a medical emergency, Five-Star will notify the Emergency Contact and/or parent/legal guardian and make every and all efforts to secure the safety of the injured child to prevent further injury. The signator of this contract authorizes Five-Star to obtain whatever reasonable emergency medical attention (including Police or Fire Department Emergency Services) deemed necessary by its employees to ensure the welfare of the child if he or she is injured or becomes ill while under Five-Star's supervision.
13. PERSONAL BELONGINGS: Five-Star Academy is NOT responsible for loss or damage to any personal belongings or items of value such as, but not limited to, jewelry, electronic devices, clothing, etc.
14. PHOTO RELEASE: The signator of this contract permits Five-Star Academy to use individual or group pictures for display, promotion or Five-Star Academy advertising.
15. TEXT MESSAGE OPT-IN: I give my permission to receive text messages from Five-Star Sports Academy as necessary.
16. By agreeing to these terms online I waive the requirement to sign documents in person and count these agreements as equal to a signature on paper.
In consideration of participating in the physical activities including but not limited to gymnastics, tumbling, parkour, ninja warrior, breakdance, martial arts, yoga, birthday parties and other such activities, I understand the nature of these activities and that I and/or my child/children are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activities. I acknowledge that if I believe class/event conditions are unsafe, I will immediately discontinue and/or will immediately discontinue my child/children's participation in such activities. I fully understand that these activities involve risks of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death, which may be caused by my own and or my child's actions, or inactions, those of others participating in the class/event, the conditions in which the class/event takes place, or the negligence of the "Releasees" named below; and that there may be other risks either not known to me or my child/children which are not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, cost, and damages I or my child/children may incur as a result of our participation in the activities.
I hereby release, discharge, and covenant not to sue Five-Star Gymnastics Academy, Inc, its respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the activity takes place, (each considered one of the "RELEASEES" herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages, on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the "Releasees" or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations and future agree that if, despite this release, waiver of liability, and assumption of risk I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the "Releasees", I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the "Releasees" from any loss, liability, damage, or cost, which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I have read the RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT and understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.
PARENTAL CONSENT (If child is Eighteen years of age or younger) I, the minor's parent and/or legal guardian, understand the nature of the above referenced activities and the minor's experience and capabilities and believe the minor to be qualified to participate in such activities. I hereby Release, discharge, covenant not to sue F.S.G.A. and AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the Releasees from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on the minor's account caused or alleged to have been caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the "Releasees" or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations, and further agree that if, despite this release, I, the minor, or anyone on the minor's behalf makes a claim against any of the above "Releasees" I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the "Releasees" from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss liability, damage, or cost any "Releasees" may incur as the result of any such claim.