I/We, do hereby, for ourselves, our heirs, spouses, family members, personal representatives and assigns, agree to indemnify and hold harmless Pleasant Bay Community Boating, its officers, board members, employees, members, volunteers, and any individuals and organizations assisting or participating in its programs, against any and all suits, actions, claims, costs or demands, whether arising from sole or concurrent negligence or otherwise including those, resulting from death, personal injury, and property damage, to which Pleasant Bay Community Boating, its officers, board members, employees, members, volunteers, and any individuals and organizations assisting or participating in its programs may be subject by reason of the students listed on this form participating in the programs of Pleasant Bay Community Boating and/or their presence on board any of its boats, floats, facilities, or any other places in connection with Pleasant Bay Community Boating.
I/We hereby authorize any of the members, officers, board members, employees, or volunteers of Pleasant Bay Community Boating to give permission to any physician, hospital, or other medical practitioner or facility for any medical, surgical, dental, or other treatment that may be necessary or desirable for the students' well being in the event of illness or bodily injury. If major emergency, surgical treatment is immediately required, I/we request that reasonable efforts be made to reach me for consultation, but understand that such consultation is not a prerequisite for such treatment.
PLEASANT BAY COMMUNITY BOATING RULES & GUIDELINES
Pleasant Bay Community Boating has developed the following rules and regulations to help ensure a safe, rewarding, and cheerful learning environment. It is important that both you and your participants review these rules and regulation. Appropriate behavior is expected at all times.
· Students will show respect for their peers, instructors, and other individuals.
· Students will follow directions of instructors at all times, and are expected to cooperate with them fully.
· USCG-approved Type-III Lifejackets (PFDs) will be worn at all times whenever a student is on the dock, in the water, or in a boat (these are provided by PBCB, and if a student chooses to bring his/her own, it must be USCG-approved Type-III and fit properly).
· For safety reasons, and so as not to disturb our neighbors, physical boundaries established by instructors must be observed, both on the water and on shore (see maps for sailors and paddlers)
· Running on the dock, and climbing on the boathouse or boat racks are prohibited.
· Students will pick up their own trash and are expected to keep their belongings in a neat and orderly fashion.
· At the end of class, students are expected to leave the boats and equipment shipshape.
· Absolutely no roughhousing, bullying, fighting, hitting, profanity, or throwing of things.
· No drugs, alcohol, smoking, knives or other weapons are allowed on the PBCB campus.
· PBCB cannot be responsible for lost or stolen personal items. Students are asked to leave items of value at home.
· Students may not bring a friend to class.
· Consequences for failure to observe the above rules and guidelines vary according to the nature of the infraction and will follow the PBCB Discipline Policy.
WE REQUIRE 48 HOURS NOTICE OF CANCELLATION IF YOU WOULD LIKE A REFUND, AND 24 HOURS NOTICE IF YOU WISH TO RESCHEDULE YOUR CLASS OR RENTAL.
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with our Member Handbook for more information.