Coastal Dance Centre is committed to maintaining a healthy school environment that allows all students to participate in and fully enjoy their dance training. By enrolling at Coastal Dance Centre, parents and students agree to abide by the following code of conduct:
• All students are required to wear street clothes and shoes when entering or leaving the studio. Students are required to wear proper attire and will not be permitted to enter class without the proper attire. Refer to Dress Code Policy for complete information.
• Students are expected to use the restroom, get a drink of water, secure hair, etc., before entering the classroom.
• Students are ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED to chew gum, eat, or bring water/sodas/juice or any open bottles into a classroom, during a class or rehearsal without permission.
• Students and their parents are responsible for reading all posted notices.
• Students may ask the Front Office Staff for permission to use the studio phone to call a parent or guardian in the event of illness, a time change, or an early closing of the school.
• Students will demonstrate a respect for School property by maintaining the hallways and studios clean and tidy and not leaving trash behind anywhere. Students may eat or drink in the common areas with permission from any staff member and being mindful to clean up trash and/or crumbs. Dance bags are only allowed in designated areas of the hallway during class time.
• Students must show respect for the property of others and for the facilities. Students should put their belongings neatly in the places provided for them and leave the lunches and dance bags of others alone. Help keep the studio facility and grounds clean and neat by putting waste paper, food and drink containers in the appropriate receptacles.
• Animals are not permitted inside the CDC studio, with the exception of service animals.
• No one may smoke or use inappropriate language, alcohol or drugs in or near the dance studios.
• The use or possession of weapons of any type is not permitted
• Students are expected to be respectful and courteous at all times towards all instructors, staff members, and guests of the school as well as fellow classmates.
• Students are expected NOT TO TALK while in class. If a student has a question, he/she should raise his/her hand and ask the instructor. Students are expected to keep the noise level to a minimum in the hallway at all times.
• Students are not allowed to use cell phones in the classrooms; students with cell phones are required to TURN OFF phones before entering class. Students are not allowed to take photographs with cell phones in the facility, including during class without permission.
• Students are expected to have respect for the property of the school and other students. The School will not tolerate the theft of any School or other student's property. A student found guilty of stealing will be immediately dismissed from the school. Students who participate in any theft face immediate dismissal from the School.
• Students will be responsible for their own belongings. No valuables should be left unattended in the studio. The School will not assume responsibility for the loss of students' valuables. All personal items should be labeled with the dancer's name. Personal items left in the School will be placed in the Lost and Found for a maximum of two weeks only. Items not claimed within that time will be removed from the School.
• In keeping with the honor system, students who witness infractions of rules must report them immediately to the appropriate staff person. Those who do not may be subject to disciplinary action.
Missed Classes Policy
• Missed classes are considered forfeited; tuition will not be refunded for unattended classes. With the permission of the teacher, missed classes may be made up in a comparable class. All missed lessons must be made up within the current summer term (no carry over).
• Classes will be made-up if the teacher is unable to teach class due to illness or a family emergency.
• Students are expected to notify the school in the event they will be absent from class.
• Coastal Dance Centre cannot add additional classes or extend the scheduled summer term to make up for classes missed due to inclement weather or emergency / unexpected school closings.
• Parents will be respectful toward all employees of the School. Parents will make an appointment, in advance, to meet with the Artistic director, teaching and administrative staff. Parents are invited to observe classes during scheduled observation times only or by arrangement with the School Office. Parents will be respectful of other CDC parents and their children. With the exception of any parent volunteers who have been asked to help coordinate rehearsals or performances or fundraising events, no parent may discipline another parent's child while at the School. Parents will immediately direct any concerns with other students to the CDC Front Office.
• Parents and students should discuss all rules and regulations; if any clarification is needed, please feel free to ask the Front Office Staff for more information or set an appointment with the Artistic Director. Proper understanding of the rules will lead to a more positive experience for all.
• Any student or parent who verbally or physically abuses anyone, verbally defies any faculty or staff member, commits any unlawful action or commits any other action deemed by CDC and CYBT to be grossly inappropriate will be dismissed from the school immediately.
• Any student and parent who is found to post offensive and slanderous remarks and comments against the school, faculty, staff, another student or parent in the social media such as, but not limited to, Facebook and Twitter will incur IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL from the school / company.
• There will be no refunds.
While we hope that this will not be necessary for any CDC student, it is important to address actions that will be taken in the event that a student is not adhering to the expectations (ranging from behavior to attendance to dress code to everything else) outlined in the Parent-Student Handbook and agreed upon when signing your child's CDC contract.
Coastal Dance Centre reserves the right to consider the disciplinary history of any student prior to or after admission to CDC in evaluating and determining the consequences to be levied upon a student found to have violated CDC Code of Conduct, and / or other rules and regulations of the school, as may be promulgated from time to time.
CDC may dismiss any student for any reason and at any time it deems appropriate. Maintenance of student status at CDC and all financial awards provided to a student are contingent upon, but not limited to good academic standing, as well as observance of the "Code of Conduct," and any other additional rules and regulations established by the CDC at or following admission. These policies may be changed without prior notice as deemed necessary to satisfy the unique circumstances of this environment.
Coastal Dance Centre reserves the right to refuse service.
Spring Festival of Dance Performance and Related Fees
• The "SPRING FESTIVAL OF DANCE" is an opportunity for CDC students to showcase what they have learned during the course of the year and be involved in a professionally directed performance. Participation is optional but very highly encouraged, as a big part of the dance training process includes learning through performance.
Spring Festival of Dance Participation Fee
• A non-refundable Participation Fee of $125.00 per student is due with Session 2 Tuition on / or before October 5, 2018.
• This fee is inclusive of three (3) complimentary tickets per student, one complimentary program book, one (1) digital download of a dance performance per student and one complimentary souvenir t-shirt per student.
• Each class or dance production number your child is in will require a costume. Parents will be responsible for paying for each costume.
• A $60.00 deposit per costume (per class/course enrolled in) is due with Session 3 Tuition on or before November 2, 2018. Costume prices start from $75.00 and over, depending on the costume and the size. Students will own what they purchase.
• This is a non-refundable deposit. The balance on your costume will be due with Session 7 Tuition on or before March 8, 2019.
• No costume will be handed out without your account being paid in full.
• The CDC staff cannot guarantee that students enrolling after December 15, 2018 can participate in the "Spring Festival of Dance" performance. Students will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
RAD Ballet Examination Fees (applies to the Royal Academy of Dance students only)
The RAD Exam Fee:
• The RAD exam fee is the standard rate charged by the Office of Royal Academy of Dance headquarters to cover the cost of the RAD Examiner's professional fee, travel and accommodation expenses. Based on 2018 fee schedule - Exam fees ranged from $62 -$115 based upon the examination level a student is taking. Parents and students will be notified as soon as the School gets the information from the USA-RAD Administrator.
• Payment is due with Session 5 Tuition or before November 30, 2018.
The RAD Miscellaneous Fee:
• In addition to the Examination Fee, Coastal Dance Centre charges a miscellaneous fee per student /per examination level to cover additional practice sessions and pianist's professional fees. The miscellaneous fee ranges from $95 - $150.
• Payment is due with Session 7 Tuition or before February 8, 2019.
Skirt Rental Fee:
• CDC provides the skirts for the Graded Examination Syllabus levels for use in classes throughout the school year and during the examinations. Rental fees help offset the cost of procuring all the skirts for the students' use.
• Flat rate of $15 per skirt for the full dance year. Skirt Rental is due at Registration.
RAD Ballet Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 - use Character Skirts
RAD Levels 6 and 7 - also use the Sheer Skirt
Tuition is paid via auto draft from a credit card (Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express) or debit card. Your payments will be made automatically on the Friday prior to the start of the new session throughout the 2018-2019 Dance Year. Proof of payment will appear on your CDC account. The authority you give to automatically charge your payment information on-file will remain in effect until you notify us in writing to terminate the authorization.
Each session's tuition and additional scheduled fees will be deducted on the Friday prior to the start of the new session. All registrants wanting to pay by cash, check, or alternate credit card must do so by the Monday prior to the start of the new session, or tuition will be charged to the payment information on file. The credit card or debit card on file may be changed through the Parent Portal at any time. Please be mindful to update your information if you receive a new card.
Payment schedule of tuition and related fees for the 2018-2019 Dance Year:
Due upon registration:
• Annual registration fee
• Session 1 tuition
• Prescribed CDC class uniform
• RAD skirt rental *if applicable
Due Fri. October 5, 2018
• Session 2 tuition
• Spring Festival of Dance Participation Deposit *62.50 per student/ Balance due on or before March 8, 2019.
Due Fri. November 2, 2018
• Session 3 tuition
• Costume Deposits *$60 per costume, per class/course enrolled
Due Fri. November 30, 2018
• Session 4 tuition
• RAD Examination Fee *For students enrolled in the Royal Academy of Dance Syllabus Examination Classes
Due Fri. January 11, 2019
• Session 5 tuition
Due Fri. February 8, 2019
• Session 6 tuition
• RAD Misc. Fee *For students enrolled in the Royal Academy of Dance Syllabus Examination Classes
Due Fri. March 8, 2019
• Session 7 tuition
• Spring Festival of Dance Participation Balance *62.50 per student
Due Fri. April 5, 2019
• Session 8 tuition
• Costume Balances *per costume, per class/course enrolled
Due Fri. May 10, 2019
• Session 9 tuition
Last day of CDC classes is Friday - June 7, 2019
Families can view their account balances and posting of payments through the Parent Portal at www.coastaldancecentre.com.
All tuition and related fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Tuition is not prorated for partial attendance or missed class.
A $25 Late Fee Charge will automatically be added to the tuition amount of those accounts with an inactive or declined card in addition to any bank charge that may apply.
If unpaid tuition goes into the following session, an additional $30 late fee will be added to your account. Accounts past due beyond 8 weeks are subject to collections and additional charges. Students with accounts more than 10 business days outstanding will not be admitted to class until tuition is brought current. If you choose not to return to the studio, all delinquent accounts will be turned over to a collection agency.
Late Fee policies are strictly enforced.
All fees (Including Tuition, Spring Festival of Dance participation, Costume and Examination Fees) are non-refundable and non-transferable once they have been paid to Coastal Dance Centre. Tuition is non-refundable except in the case of serious illness or injury as verified by a doctor's certificate. Requests for refunds in the case of serious illness or injury will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the CDC Director / Manager and subject to a 15% administrative charge and receipt of medical evidence.
No refunds or adjustments are made for a missed class or classes for any other reason.
I, the undersigned (Account Holder), hereby certify that the information contained herein is complete and accurate and agree to pay Coastal Dance Centre (CDC) for the instruction of the student registered per the published tuition rates for the student's period of study.
Upon registration, Account Holder agrees to submit automatic payment information to CDC and gives authorization to initiate electronic payments for tuition and additional scheduled fees due throughout the year as outlined in the 2018-2019 tuition schedule of payments. Account Holder understands that the payment amounts may vary as classes are added /dropped and as other charges/payments are applied, if applicable.
In the event payment under this agreement is not made at the time and in the manner required, I agree to pay all other damages and costs which may be obligated to CDC, including expense of collection, suit, or other legal action, actual attorney's and paralegal fees, late or administrative fees, and court costs. The authority you give to automatically charge your payment information on-file will remain in effect until we are notified in writing to terminate the authorization.