Academy of Music, HARPS Foundaiton/AYHE, Virginia Choristers and all partner programs or affiliate programs
Polices and Procedures (update 9/2017)
1. MONDAY STUDENTS: Due to New Year's Day falling on a Monday this year Monday students will have one less lesson than other days. Monday students will be billed only for the 34 Mondays in the 2017-2018 September to June semesters. In order to ensure that all Monday music lesson students receive an equal number of lessons to other day students, an extra lesson will be offered as needed during the current academic year at the student's regular lesson day and time.
2. WITHDRAWS AND REFUNDS: There is a two-month minimum for all lessons. One-month notice from the first of the month is required to discontinue any lessons/classes. Withdrawal must be done in person and will not be accepted over the phone. Withdrawal must be done in the business office and not with the teacher. Withdrawal must occur within the first 7 days of the month. No withdrawals will be accepted after April 1 for the current academic year. To withdraw from lessons/classes a parent or adult students must:
1. Inform the business office administration in person, and
2. Complete and sign a withdrawal form provided by the business office
All automatic bank debiting or credit card charges will stop or remaining checks (balance) returned after the one-month notice period. We reserve the right to terminate lessons to any students without notice. In such a case a refund for unused lessons will be given.
3. SUBSTITUTIONS: We reserve the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and the school cannot arrange a substitute any missed classes will be made up.
4. EXTREME WEATHER OR UNEXPECTED INTERRUPTION OF CLASSES: If we must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, the missed lessons will be added on to the end of the teaching year. No refunds or makeup lessons will be given if students are unable to attend these rescheduled lessons for any reason.
5. SCHEDULING, MISSED PRIVATE LESSONS AND MAKE-UP CLASSES: If you are going to miss a lesson for a scheduling conflict or illness, it will be your responsibility to trade your lesson time (see exchange information below) with someone else or forfeit payment. Absolutely no make-up lessons will be given for missed lessons unless absence is due to serious illness and 24 hour notice has been given to the business office. Make-up lessons will be limited to two (2) per academic teaching year and will require a doctor's note. No refunds are given for missed lessons. (School activities such as ski trips or programs, band trips, spring breaks that differ from our spring break, sports games, etc. do not qualify for make-up lessons.) If your student is not able to attend a scheduled make-up lesson, his/her lesson will be forfeited and no other make-up will given in its place. There are no make-up lessons for group music classes.
6. MAKE-UP LESSONS: Two make-up sessions (December and June) will be scheduled for students who missed a lesson, meet the requirements for a make-up lessons as outlined in Items 4 and 5 above and were unable to make-up the missed lesson during the semester. The December session will be for lessons missed from September - December and the June session will be for lessons missed from January through the third week of June. If your student is not able to attend these scheduled make-up sessions, his/her lesson will be forfeited and no other make-up will given in its place.
7. EXCHANGE INFORMATION: If you must miss a lesson in the upcoming week or in a future week, send the business office staff an email at email@example.com and we will send a general "request for exchange" email to the group list for your instructor's studio. In your message include your instructor, your lesson time and length of lesson, and the date (or dates) which you will not be able to attend. Those who wish to exchange for your lesson may then contact you directly through email. When you have finalized your exchange with another student, email the business office to let us know about your arrangements. PLEASE NOTE: If you can't find anyone willing to exchange (and you don't qualify for one of two make-up lessons due to serious illness), you will forfeit the lesson and payment.
8. ATTENDANCE AND PROGRESS: If you miss more than two (2) lessons per month in two (2) consecutive months, you may be asked to give up your time slot to another student and resume only when you are able to make a serious commitment to your musical studies. If we see that a student is not making the progress we believe he or she is capable of even with regular attendance, we will suggest that the student and parents discuss possible reasons (motivation, too many other activities, etc.) and the need to discontinue lessons until the student is ready to make a serious commitment.
9. PARENT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO BE AWARE OF DATES AND EVENTS: It is the responsibility of the parent and/or adult student to be aware of all activities such as viewing days, recitals, extra classes and dates the school is open or closed. The administration email all such notices. It is the parent's and/or adult students responsibility to regularly check email to ensure they are informed. It is the responsibility of the parent and/or adult students to inform the business office of any email, address or telephone number changes.
10. CARE OF STUDENTS: Our staff and instructors are not responsible for providing before and after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 7 are to remain at our facilitie(s) during instructional times. Students are not to be left alone for excessive times before or after class.
11. INJURIES: Parents, legal guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained while at our facilities resulting from any activity conducted by the students before, during or after class time.
Academy of Music, HARPS Foundation/AYHE, Virginia Choristers, SMI, OTHER
Payment options are as follows:
1. Full tuition, single payment (5% discount) due September 15th *Option only if registering before September 15th
2. Post-dated checks dated for the first day of each month (e.g. Sept. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1) with checks made payable to the Academy of Music
3. Auto-draft payment from checking account or credit card the first day of each month
1. Payment for private lessons must be made on or before the first of each month.
2. Payment for group classes are due on or before September 19th for the Fall Semester and again, February 6th for the Spring Semester.
3. If tuition has not been paid by the due date, the student may be asked not to return to lessons/rehearsals until tutition has been received.
4. In the case that a student decides to withdraw, 30 day notice must be given. No refund will be issued for early withdrawal.
5. If there is cause for a student to be dismissed, no refund will be given.
6. PAYMENT OF FEES: Tuition must be paid by either automatic bank account or credit card draft; or pre-dated check dated for the first day of each month e.g. Sept. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1; or as a single payment for the year (at a 5% discount for private lessons only, group classes not included). For students choosing the full tuition payment method, all checks must be received by September 15th to confirm and secure lesson time. For students choosing the pre-dated checks, all checks for the remaining months must be received with the registration forms to confirm and secure lesson time. For students choosing auto-draft payment method, the commitment statement must be signed and payment instructions must be received at the time of registration. No lesson times will be confirmed without receipt of payment method. Failure to provide payment method by the second lesson will result in an extra monthly fee of $5 per month until payment is received or you will be taken off the schedule. Tuition will be debited from your account on the 1st day of each month from October-June. September's tuition will be billed on September 15th and July - August for the summer term charged to your credit card the 1st day of each month. The first month of lessons is non-refundable.
7. NSF PAYMENT (Insufficient Funds and Returned Checks): By signing this agreement, I hereby authorize the Academy to electronically debit my bank account for the amount of any NSF paper check or auto debit transaction (if this is my payment plan) or provide prompt alternative payment (check made payable to the Academy of Music or cash) by the first of each month. A $35 fee will be charged for all NSF returns.
In consideration of My/My Child's participation in any activities sponsored by, associated with, or as a part of the Academy of Music, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby agree, on behalf of myself, my heirs, executor, administrator, and assignees, to indemnify Seventh Street Christian Church, Lakeside United Methodist Church, the Academy of Music, the HARPS Foundation, Ediger-Kordzaia Enterprises, LLC and employees jointly and severally, and hold and save harmless from and against any and all actions, claims, demands, liabilities, loss, damages or expenses of whatever kind or nature, including attorney's fees, which may at any time be incurred by reason of my participation in the activities mentioned above.
Photo Permission: Group photos and occasionally photos of individuals may be used in future advertising on brochures, print ad,
journals, social media, web-sites and or local newspapers. Students' names will not be used.
I hereby authorize the Academy of Music, HAPRS Foundation/ AYHE, the Virginia Choristers, Ediger-Kordzaia, LLC and all
partner and/or affiliate programs to record my likeness/image for use in publications or advertising in perpetuity. I
represent that I have the right to grant such authority and that the rights I have granted hereunder will not conflict with
or violate any commiment or understanding I have to or with any person or entity. I expressly indemnify the
Academy of Music, HAPRS Foundation/AYHE and/Virginia Choristers and/or and/or Ediger-Kordzaia, LLC and all its
assignees against all claims arising out ot the breach of any representation made herein.
I represent that I am a parent or guardian of the minor who is named above, and I hereby agree that we shall both be bound thereby.